• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the Bucks game Monday night, Shumpert was working with former Knick and current assistant general manager Allan Houston on shooting off screens. After the rookie missed a few in a row, Houston came up to him and said, "Sometimes your shot is too flat. More arc."

Well, since that game, Houston's advice has made a difference. After scoring 11 points on 4-for-8 shooting in the Knicks' 89-80 win over the Bucks, he had 25 tonight on 10-for-21 shooting, including 4-for-10 from 3-point territory.
Thank you H20.

KG with 23 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, and a +23, totally dominated the Jazz, :(
Wolves need to sign him for like 3 years to help anchor our defense. It would be glorious.

Problem is his team doesn't win. Lebron with those stats in the cavs would win games so would durant. Its weird,

Oh, 14 and 31. Nevermind.
LeBron? Probs. Durant? Fuck no.

LeBron led a crap cast to a great record. Durant is leading a cast with WB and Harden to a great record.

When Pek and Rubio were healthy this team was rolling.

"celebrate"

*reads the last 4 pages*

yeah, good one NBA-GAF.

My post was as sarcastic as yours dawg.

But in all seriousness, Knicks fans have been through a whole lotta bullshit this season. I wish you guys as much luck as one fan can wish another fan while hoping only his favorite team wins anything at all.

Vahagn

Same here knicks gaf. The Melo trade y'all pretty much were on board that it was bad. But stoudamire you didn't see coming, and it sucks when a great player doesn't win or lose but is taken out of the game for an injury. I know that pain.

Do you feel the same way for the Wizards in signing Gunbert to that massive deal right after his knee injury / surgery?

Everyone knew the Amare wasn't worth a max and that he had serious injury concerns. While I feel bad for the Knicks I also know it's a gamble they took and that isn't working out. LAL did the same gamble with Bynum...and with the exception of this season...he hasn't earned his money and has been out for long stretches due to injury...

Now the Roy issue...that just sucks

Nah he was just getting back to beast Amare. We have seen Amare and melo working before,the lack of time to practice isn't helping either. Remember melo came in the middle of the season basically and then the off season/lockout.

Pau came in the middle of the Season the Lakers made the Finals despite losing Bynum and being a 7 seed the previous season. Boston won a chip their first year together, Miami made the finals...that "not enough time" argument for all star's joining together isn't really valid dude

You know I hope the Knicks keep on winning just so Knicks fans come to realization that Stat is Rashard Lewis levels of garbage.

Nah he was just getting back to beast Amare. We have seen Amare and melo working before,the lack of time to practice isn't helping either. Remember melo came in the middle of the season basically and then the off season/lockout.

Noirulus

Everyone knew the Amare wasn't worth a max and that he had serious injury concerns. While I feel bad for the Knicks I also know it's a gamble they took and that isn't working out. LAL did the same gamble with Bynum...and with the exception of this season...he hasn't earned his money and has been out for long stretches due to injury...

It was a shitty gamble to take, because frankly the only reason they did it was out of desperation knowing the big 3 wouldn't sign for them in the off-season.

And at max too, he's a big salary sink now and if the knicks were more patient they would be in a better situation than where they are right now.

on a side note for those who watched the game, how the fuck did toronto beat denver?

Alrix

Aww, I'm actually feeling a little BestGAF love for Knicks-age. Brings a tear to my eye. Also, page 138 of this thread might be the one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Nicho

Watching the Clippers/Suns game name, some weird commentary at the start.

A1: Clippers should just drive to the basket, Suns have no shot blocking ability.
A2: Suns are 7th in the league for blocks...

Cue awkward stammering!

Apart from that, p. ugly game so far.

(also new poster from Australia blah blah, Suns/Warriors fan, weep for me)

A1: Clippers should just drive to the basket, Suns have no shot blocking ability.

Cue awkward stammering!

Steve Nash reminds me of the older troublemaker on the Bad News Bears.

giri

Cue awkward stammering!

Suns/W's?

Odd Combo.

Even for an Aussie

(Also, are me and Pilon the only aussies in NBA-age? and i'm suns, pilon w's? and this guy comes in? WTF Australia).

The M.O.B

Yea!, Blake draws a foul............On a dude running down the court shooting a 50 ft shot as the shot clock expires anyways..........

Dat Defense

Mxrz

I had to leave at half time. Just got home and saw the score. Bleh. Guessing Ryan never got it going either.

Honestly, Stan aggravates me. Von Wafer has been our 3rd best scorer at times, and Stan completely took him out of rotation because of "Defensive mistakes." Well what the fucking fuck have Hedo, J-Rich, Duhon and sadly Redick been doing since the trade-deadline? At least Wafer can get his own goddamn shot from time to time.

I've no doubt Stan is testing stuff for the playoffs. but come the fuck on. Earl Clark and Von Wafer, and even Orton deserve minutes when the 2nd unit is shitting it up that badly. Q wasn't getting minutes either until you gave him a shot again, and he's proven to probably be the 2nd best defender on the team What motivation do they have, exactly, to stop making fucking awful shots and stupid above their talent passes turnovers when they'll get minutes regardless?

Its like Stan is still coaching like he has the old Magic with Gortat, Peaches, Redick, and White chocolate on the bench. These guys aren't that, but I have a hard time believing they'd still be this awful if they had a little more direction suited to their (limited) strengths either.

Meh. Not going to lose that 3rd spot, and still should make it to either Miami or Chicago in the playoffs. But this sort of game is a hype killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom