• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
I came here to say Sessions is a legit top 12 pg in the league.
And the lakers are back, they can even withstand Kobe chucking.

Ramon is a great player and he could be top 12 (I haven't sat down and thought about it) but ANY decent PG would be doing this with the talent that we/he have. All his shots are wide open lol

His immediate success is a huge indictment on Fisher and the front office for not forcing Phil to get a real PG earlier

The Clippers lost to the Hornets.

Told yall they'd do nothing this year. Right about LAL, right about LAC, right about Kobe, right about Bynum, right about the blazers, right about the nuggets. Only thing I was wrong about was Maggette but he's been picking it up lately, had a string of 20+ games.

rage1973

Ramon is a great player and he could be top 12 (I haven't sat down and thought about it) but ANY decent PG would be doing this with the talent that we/he have. All his shots are wide open lol

His immediate success is a huge indictment on Fisher and the front office for not forcing Phil to get a real PG earlier

I think most unbiased lakers fans can see how awful fisher really was.
Hitting a few late game shots somehow make him clutch and vital to the team.

Fisher played 36 minutes and had 5 points on 2/11 shooting with like 1 assist.

Sessions played 36 minutes and had 21 points on 6/10 shooting with 10 assists.

dat upgrade.

Also, Ramon was the first Laker PG to go 20-10 since Chutky Atkins in 2005. Feels good, man.

h3ro

xl9s1.jpg

I came here to say Sessions is a legit top 12 pg in the league.
And the lakers are back, they can even withstand Kobe chucking.
Welcome! Would you like a Hot Pocket?

NomarTyme

Fisher played 36 minutes and had 5 points on 2/11 shooting with like 1 assist.

Sessions played 36 minutes and had 21 points on 6/10 shooting with 10 assists.

dat upgrade.

Also, Ramon was the first Laker PG to go 20-10 since Chutky Atkins in 2005. Feels good, man.

Now Blake is taking Fisher place. Dude is stinking up the joint.

Cloudy

Banned
BTW I correctly predicted Ramon's success

What are your expectations for Ramon Sessions as a Laker? Stats, impact, star-status etc.

Let's have it all in a thread we can easily come back to before he becomes an perennial Allstar playing in a backcourt with Kobe and folks say they knew it all along (Gasol effect lol)

I feel he will be in the Allstar game next year if the Lakers have a top seed. People are going to see how much of a bum Fisher was for playing that poorly starting with Kobe, Bynum and Pau

Sessions is basically giving us a lot of what I thought Lowry could give us in all the Rocket trades a lot of fans (including me) were clamouring for, only without having to give up Pau. Props to Mitch for holding out and not panicking.

Told yall they'd do nothing this year. Right about LAL, right about LAC, right about Kobe, right about Bynum, right about the blazers, right about the nuggets. Only thing I was wrong about was Maggette but he's been picking it up lately, had a string of 20+ games.
Did you call Rubio getting shot by Kobe

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sessions is basically giving us a lot of what I thought Lowry could give us in all the Rocket trades a lot of fans (including me) were clamouring for, only without having to give up Pau. Props to Mitch for holding out and not panicking.

I thought the only way we could get a good PG was giving up Pau but yeah I'm surprised at how well Sessions has played.

I thought this was where threads went to die.

Also, nobody is trying to see the Bulls right now. Too bad I can't watch the dismantling tonight :(.

Cloudy

Banned

I don't think he brings the defense Lowry has but Ramon+Pau > Lowry or even CP3 without Pau

yeah, seems like it.

I still think he should be coming off the bench, though. Yesterday the bench struggled without him out there. They need his scoring and quickness to get easy hoops.

I don't see why Blake doesn't play play the first 7 minutes of each half and then Ramon the rest of the half.

It was great to see Kobe allow Ramon to work in the clutch and even ramon wave Kobe off and create a play for Pau. If this continues, Kobe will get rested for the playoff run.

Nah he'll still be there. Pek, Williams, Rubio. There's good pieces there. He'll get noticed if they go deep in the playoffs, which if not this year then next year they will for sure.
You've got to understand how incompetent out owner is. He blocked Love getting a five year deal, probably because he had memories of giving KG a 120 million deal, and then he blocked a trade that the coaching staff wanted because he would have had to buy out Fisher. He also runs the team like a family run company (figuratively and literally--he has family working in important positions). He's big on loyalty, so he tends to keep the same scouts and staffers even though its clear they do a horrible job.

BTW, he also wouldn't take your boy Kevin Pritchard in as GM because he would have had to replace a lot of the staff, as Pritcher didn't think the org. was up to snuff. I repeat: Wolves could have had Pritcher instead of Kahn while drafting for the past few years.

In short, I wish I was born in LA, where smart GMs are born.

not sterling btw

Cloudy

Banned
I still think he should be coming off the bench, though. Yesterday the bench struggled without him out there. They need his scoring and quickness to get easy hoops.

I think the Lakers would be better if Pau went to the bench. We almost have too much firepower in the starting lineup right now.

Ramon/Kobe/Artest/McBob/Bynum
Blake/Goudelock/Barnes/Murphy/Pau

You'd bring Barnes and Pau in to finish the first with the starters in that lineup.

I also think it's insane that Hill and Goudelock are getting no minutes. It's been shown all year that Pau/Murphy CANNOT guard scoring 4s yet we're not seeing what Hill can do? And why take our best bench scorer all year out of the rotation?

Also I say darkside31337 should be given a tag of shame for his turncoat actions against NBA-GAF.
Same shit Knicks fans went through without all the peripheral hype that came with Lin.
Except any Knicks fan said he could be a solid NBA PG. Don't confuse the Knicks fans with the LLLLin fans. Quite frankly, no one knows what he could be since this is in effect his rookie year.

rage1973

yeah, seems like it.

I don't see why Blake doesn't play play the first 7 minutes of each half and then Ramon the rest of the half.

It was great to see Kobe allow Ramon to work in the clutch and even ramon wave Kobe off and create a play for Pau. If this continues, Kobe will get rested for the playoff run.

It's amazing how shitty Blake has been playing lately.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Also I say darkside should be given a tag of shame for his turncoat actions against NBA-GAF.

Except any Knicks fan said he could be a solid NBA PG. Don't confuse the Knicks fans with the LLLLin fans. Quite frankly, no one knows what he could be since this is in effect his rookie year.
What did darkside do?

Cloudy

Banned
Same shit Knicks fans went through without all the peripheral hype that came with Lin.

I don't think it's quite the same. No one expected it from Lin. Anyone who has watched Sessions start in the past expected this.

Plus Sessions does not turn the ball over :p

filler

Banned
Being in community is a good thing, it keeps the riffraff out. This should have been done a long time ago. They really should just make another forum for sports.

I think the Lakers would be better if Pau went to the bench. We almost have too much firepower in the starting lineup right now.

Ramon/Kobe/Artest/McBob/Bynum
Blake/Goudelock/Barnes/Murphy/Pau

You'd bring Barnes and Pau in to finish the first with the starters in that lineup.

I also think it's insane that Hill and Goudelock are getting no minutes. It's been shown all year that Pau/Murphy CANNOT guard scoring 4s yet we're not seeing what Hill can do? And why take our best bench scorer all year out of the rotation?

this is so stupid. The Pau-Bynum lineup has been one of the most potent lineups on both sides for 3 seasons now. All the data shows it.

And since both play 35+ a game, this would mean they play with the bench unit more. But we want the bench to run, not be slower. You move Ramon back to the bench.

I agree on glock. I don't get that.

rage1973

this is so stupid. The Pau-Bynum lineup has been one of the most potent lineups on both sides for 3 seasons now. All the data shows it.

And since both play 35+ a game, this would mean they play with the bench unit more. But we want the bench to run, not be slower. You move Ramon back to the bench.

I agree on glock. I don't get that.
Sessions glock and Barnes combo seemed effective getting some breaks going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom