• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
played in all 82 as well. To have those numbers and under 2 tos pg is pretty sick. gp was a baller for us. he was avging 20/8 the year before but wasn't the focal point for lal

His playoffs were ghastly, though. 7 & 5 on 35% shooting. Like I said, the wheels came off some time in April and he never recovered.

Honestly have no idea what happened to him. he kept that team together for so much of the season when Kobe was in and out and Shaq out of shape and Malone hurt. Like, he got overworked and then his career was over in April. At least as a premier player.

Mothman91

I mean you figure The Hornets are getting the first pick no matter what..

so that means you gotta take a SF.

Barnes is nba ready and stuff.

Wall n Barnes Future. DY would become a Wizard's fan too.

win win for yall.

Lol, Pilon is already rockin the Barnes Charlotte jersey Avatar

Btw best gaf, 10 game in 14 days. DAT TANK.

Mothman91

I wonder how Nene feels as a Wizard. Probably cuts himself every night for being part of this sad organization.

And 1 for him though!!

Cloudy

Banned
the Pau-Bynum lineup is our best defensive lineup. By far. Transition was a problem with Kobe/Fisher more than our bigs.

So how come it's usually bigs running right past either of them on a miss or make to get an easy feed on the other end?

I'd like to see Pau post up more, too. But he has his chances. Bynum sits down 2/3 of the way through the 1st and also again in the 2nd while Pau is in. Up to him to get those post ups then.

I just think he'd get more looks with the scrubs

The other difference is we had Lamar Odom back then. McBobs is not Odom. Nor is any other big.

But he is athletic enough to play scoring 4s. No one is talking about this but I feel it'll be our undoing in the playoffs unless Mike Brown adjusts on the fly (something he's been loathe to do all year)

One of them is always in the game, anyway, so there's no use in having one come off the bench.

I don't think the real Pau is in the game when Bynum is scoring. It's Slava Medvedenko disguised as Pau. Bynum fed him for a 3 the other day and everyone was happy but that is shit offense IMO and it just shows how he's being pushed out to the perimeter as Bynum gets more dominant

Also, stats can't say Lakers are a good defensive team but in reality they aren't. Team stats are factual.

Cumulative stats can show one thing cos we play a lot of bad teams. But good defensive teams get stops late in tight games. We typically don't and end up losing or winning with offense. We are NOT a good defensive team. I mean, we only have 4 defensive players and one of them plays it when he feels like (Andrew) and two (Ron and Kobe) are shells of themselves defensively. Barnes is the only guy who brings it on D every night IMO. I feel McBob and Hill could do the same if given minutes

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You've got to understand how incompetent out owner is. He blocked Love getting a five year deal, probably because he had memories of giving KG a 120 million deal, and then he blocked a trade that the coaching staff wanted because he would have had to buy out Fisher. He also runs the team like a family run company (figuratively and literally--he has family working in important positions). He's big on loyalty, so he tends to keep the same scouts and staffers even though its clear they do a horrible job.

BTW, he also wouldn't take your boy Kevin Pritchard in as GM because he would have had to replace a lot of the staff, as Pritcher didn't think the org. was up to snuff. I repeat: Wolves could have had Pritcher instead of Kahn while drafting for the past few years.

In short, I wish I was born in LA, where smart GMs are born.

not sterling btw

Don't forget that taylor basically said "fuck you" to fred hoiberg after grooming him for a coaching/GM spot for years.

SEXY TIME

If rox win tonight, we move to the 5 seed. LOLOL Bestern Conference for real.

Thekad is somewhere cutting himself. Me on the other hand...

scarko.gif

...careful...

xypQ1.jpg

Oh and by the way... Razor Ramon is a fucking BALLER!

Imagine if we had Shannon and Ariza playing with him... sweet mary mother of god.

It's really sad seeing Steve Blake take over the Fisher role. I want to believe it's a slump.. but man he is seemingly terrible at everything right now.

Brown is foolish for saying that Glock is out of the rotation. He is another speedy player that is worth putting out on the floor since Blake stinks right now.

What a joker.

So how come it's usually bigs running right past either of them on a miss or make to get an easy feed on the other end?

That's you misremembering. Most of the fast breaks are scored on by Kobe' man or the PG's.

I just think he'd get more looks with the scrubs

Both brown and Phil tried that, he turns it over a lot in this spot.

But he is athletic enough to play scoring 4s. No one is talking about this but I feel it'll be our undoing in the playoffs unless Mike Brown adjusts on the fly (something he's been loathe to do all year)

But McBobs asset is running because he's so athletic. Why put him with Kobe, Peace, and Drew? get him out there with Barnes where he can use his speed/athleticism as the 4 to do stuff like he did last night.

I don't think the real Pau is in the game when Bynum is scoring. It's Slava Medvedenko disguised as Pau. Bynum fed him for a 3 the other day and everyone was happy but that is shit offense IMO and it just shows how he's being pushed out to the perimeter as Bynum gets more dominant

Pau is one of the best mid-range shooters in the game, though. Was top 10, IIRC, last season. I agree he needs to go to the post more, but the mid-range is his shot. He's just getting open ones, finally.

Cumulative stats can show one thing cos we play a lot of bad teams. But good defensive teams get stops late in tight games. We typically don't and end up losing or winning with offense. We are NOT a good defensive team. I mean, we only have 4 defensive players and one of them plays it when he feels like (Andrew) and two (Ron and Kobe) are shells of themselves defensively. Barnes is the only guy who brings it on D every night IMO. I feel McBob and Hill could do the same if given minutes

So the Lakers having the 3rd best defensive team in the west, by the numbers, is a farce?

I don't know what team you were watching, but the Lakers were winning game after game in the low 90s earlier this year.

I don't think you realize how imposing our frontline is. Lakers give up the 8th fewest shots at the rim and hold team to one of the lowest % shooting inside 9 feet.

This isn't by accident. And Lakers haven't played many "bad" teams. And their defensive stats are better versus good teams, anyway.

Lakers seem like a team that play down to their opponents, still.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rodeo, I find your blatant vitriol to be appalling. As upstanding citizens of this e-forum, we welcome all people of different types, whether they have an X and Y chromosome, X and X, multiple copies of X and/or Y, or none at all.

Please refrain from acting so proletarian in the future.

Adam Blade, though I find it troubling, I must disagree.

Though this community has proven to be rather welcoming to those of varying races and cultures, that same courtesy has yet to be extended to certain members of Heat-age. However, it is very possible that this discrepancy could be directly contributed to what many refer to as a "snitch" faction and that same group may in some ways be more responsible than the majority of the community as a whole.

Seeing all sides of the issues is what we should all be striving to accomplish.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Accept the Drummond...

it could be worse....

like Barnes.

Which is also possible.
You underestimate MJ.

I mean you figure The Hornets are getting the first pick no matter what..

so that means you gotta take a SF.

Barnes is nba ready and stuff.

Wall n Barnes Future. DY would become a Wizard's fan too.

win win for yall.
Lol, Pilon is already rockin the Barnes Charlotte jersey Avatar

Btw best gaf, 10 game in 14 days. DAT TANK.
fuk errybody

I was pissed about how many open foul line jumpers we gave Pau last night. Fricking ridiculous

He's had a lot of those the last 3 or so games. It's the Ramon effect. Teams collapsing and now he has open space to shoot.

All season teams would stay home on Kobe and Pau and often double Kobe and Bynum letting Fish and peace do fuck all.

Ramon himself is an improvement, but what will really stand out is his presence making life easier for guys like Pau, Barnes, and Kobe (who won't have to create every fucking play).

And opposing PGs have to play some defense, now. Maybe they won't be refreshed entering the 4th. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom