• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The problem with being in community is that kado is gonna get in the community game threads and get himself banned, continuously.

Fisher played 36 minutes and had 5 points on 2/11 shooting with like 1 assist.

Sessions played 36 minutes and had 21 points on 6/10 shooting with 10 assists.

dat upgrade.

Also, Ramon was the first Laker PG to go 20-10 since Chutky Atkins in 2005. Feels good, man.

The funniest thing about Fisher's 2 for 11 performance was the OKC homer announcers going nuts when he hit a late 3, going all like "And that's why we got him!!!!!!!!" despite dude going 1 for 10 before that and giving up a 25/10/14 triple double to Barrea. rofl

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I almost didn't make it, GAF.. I almost didn't make it.....

CczDb.gif

Feels good to be back. :)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I don't get it, what's the big deal about moving this thread to community. Are there a different set of rules here? Is this thread going to be more "civil" here? I don't get it, seriously.

Because there's real irony to saying "the sports threads are too insular" and then moving them to the least trafficked section of the site. You're cutting them off from new blood.

Also I say darkside31337 should be given a tag of shame for his turncoat actions against NBA-GAF.

Except any Knicks fan said he could be a solid NBA PG. Don't confuse the Knicks fans with the LLLLin fans. Quite frankly, no one knows what he could be since this is in effect his rookie year.
I'm pretty sure he's a sophomore. A ton of rookies don't get a lot of PT in their first year.

I think he'll definitely bee a good PG though.

NomarTyme

Because there's real irony to saying "the sports threads are too insular" and then moving them to the least trafficked section of the site. You're cutting them off from new blood.

Its not that hard to find us.... we're just being lazy!

You are doing it wrong man.

You are supposed to call him names and send his computer a virus.

Damn it h3ro, don't make us put you in the box again.
I remember doing this in my IRC days! DAT BOT!

Cloudy

Banned
this is so stupid. The Pau-Bynum lineup has been one of the most potent lineups on both sides for 3 seasons now. All the data shows it.

The stats also show LA is a good defensive team. They are not.

I don't like the Pau+Bynum lineup because now that Bynum is a big part of the offense, Pau hardly gets deep-post touches anymore. He is just shooting jumpers all game. Great when he's hot but not the way I'd like to see him used.

Also, that combo is a huge defensive liability in transition and on the perimeter depending on who we're playing (Mavs, Grizz, Spurs, Clipps, Rockets, Jazz...even OKC with Ibaka's mid-range game).

I guess it'll take another beatdown like the one vs. the Mavs for you to see this but don't say I didn't warn you. I don't think it's a coincidence that we won 2 rings when Bynum was concentrating on defense and rebounding while Pau got touches inside. Obviously we want Bynum scoring cos he's so effective and efficient but maybe separating them brings back the Pau of the title runs..

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I thought the thread got closed because people here didn't respect women? Is community known more for that? I always avoided community so all I know about it is that non-registered lurkers can't see it (they can't right?).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lol, I knew Lakers-age would start hyping up Sessions.

I thought the thread got closed because people here didn't respect women? Is community known more for that? I always avoided community so all I know about it is that non-registered lurkers can't see it (they can't right?).

everyone can see it

Doomsayer

Its just blatant hypocrisy.

"We're closing you down because of your insularity, which GAF discourages."

"Now we're reopening you in another land that promotes insularity! Rejoice!"

Lurkers can see community threads, but why would they even come into this section?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Yes, community exists for us to hate women in peace. Our own insular, misogynistic community.

Darkman M

Ramon deserves to start period. PG is a premium position and he is the best the Lakers have at that position. He also sets the pace of the game by starting, hopefully he will get even more minutes.

exarkun

SEXY TIME

If rox win tonight, we move to the 5 seed. LOLOL Bestern Conference for real.

Thekad is somewhere cutting himself. Me on the other hand...

scarko.gif

Hello Adam! I'm quite excited by this turn of events. I must say that I had grown quite despondent in absence of our daily discourse.

While unsatisfactory, I did find that time spent away from this online cantina of fine gentlemen to be quite illuminating, so to speak. Why, the vast amount of time I spent dilly-dallying and perusing this thread, while entertaining, made it difficult for me to concentrate on the more mundane aspects of life, namely work, taxes, and more work.

Yo Adam, we in there!

For one lousy game.

Stupid VDN.

While I would never deign to insult a young coach like Mr. Del Negro, I do find that having a (I assume fine, upstanding coach) like VDN seems to be having a detrimental effect on team morale.

As such, our slim playoff hopes hang in the balance and we are yet again forced to suffer, as Clipper fans are wont to be.

That was never the case. How many women do we even get in the thread?

Cloudy

Banned
gp was solid, had a nice year

15ppg, 5.5ast, 4rebs, 47% fg, only 1.8 tos

that's a pretty damn good line

Hmm I don't remember him being that good but those are good numbers. Still, he wasn't blowing past fools the way Sessions is doing though

balddemon

Banned
community lawl

i was about to quit gaf cuz there wasn't anything to read on here worth my time

and then i click subscriptions, and bam! best gaf is back~

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh and by the way... Razor Ramon is a fucking BALLER!

Imagine if we had Shannon and Ariza playing with him... sweet mary mother of god.

It's really sad seeing Steve Blake take over the Fisher role. I want to believe it's a slump.. but man he is seemingly terrible at everything right now.

They don't come in here because they know we hate them.

Rodeo, I find your blatant vitriol to be appalling. As upstanding citizens of this e-forum, we welcome all people of different types, whether they have an X and Y chromosome, X and X, multiple copies of X and/or Y, or none at all.

Please refrain from acting so proletarian in the future.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That was never the case. How many women do we even get in the thread?
I honestly can't remember any cases of us disrespecting women either, but according to Evilore, apparently we did, but I'm not privy to everything that goes on in here (The Boozer Defense Force minds its own business).

Shoot, I wish mods would care about bringing some more civility to religions threads, but what are you going to do? lol

The stats also show LA is a good defensive team. They are not.

I don't like the Pau+Bynum lineup because now that Bynum is a big part of the offense, Pau hardly gets deep-post touches anymore. He is just shooting jumpers all game. Great when he's hot but not the way I'd like to see him used.

Also, that combo is a huge defensive liability in transition and on the perimeter depending on who we're playing (Mavs, Grizz, Spurs, Clipps, Rockets, Jazz...even OKC with Ibaka's mid-range game).

I guess it'll take another beatdown like the one vs. the Mavs for you to see this but don't say I didn't warn you. I don't think it's a coincidence that we won 2 rings when Bynum was concentrating on defense and rebounding while Pau got touches inside. Obviously we want Bynum scoring cos he's so effective and efficient but maybe separating them brings back the Pau of the title runs..

the Pau-Bynum lineup is our best defensive lineup. By far. Transition was a problem with Kobe/Fisher more than our bigs.

I'd like to see Pau post up more, too. But he has his chances. Bynum sits down 2/3 of the way through the 1st and also again in the 2nd while Pau is in. Up to him to get those post ups then.

The other difference is we had Lamar Odom back then. McBobs is not Odom. Nor is any other big. It's not so easy to just say put them on the bench. It doesn't matter, both have to play 35+ mpg. Can't have one like Bynum play 20 like in the past.

One of them is always in the game, anyway, so there's no use in having one come off the bench.

Also, stats can't say Lakers are a good defensive team but in reality they aren't. Team stats are factual.

Hmm I don't remember him being that good but those are good numbers. Still, he wasn't blowing past fools the way Sessions is doing though

GP carried the Lakers for the 1st half of the year. Was the team's MVP. Then the wheels came off some time late and especially in the playoffs, he aged tremendously by season's end.

While unsatisfactory, I did find that time spent away from this online cantina of fine gentlemen to be quite illuminating, so to speak. Why, the vast amount of time I spent dilly-dallying and perusing this thread, while entertaining, made it difficult for me to concentrate on the more mundane aspects of life, namely work, taxes, and more work.

While I would never deign to insult a young coach like Mr. Del Negro, I do find that having a (I assume fine, upstanding coach) like VDN seems to be having a detrimental effect on team morale.

As such, our slim playoff hopes hang in the balance and we are yet again forced to suffer, as Clipper fans are wont to be.
Today was a mixed bag for me. I really want the clips to make the playoffs but I also think they won't see the next round while VDN is the head coach.

played in all 82 as well. To have those numbers and under 2 tos pg is pretty sick. gp was a baller for us. he was avging 20/8 the year before but wasn't the focal point for lal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom