• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Evidently you missed the rest of SportsGAF blaming this place for getting exiled into Community. See Enron trolling this place up.

The sports communities have been planned to move to here for awhile..

And the Sports Communities don't exactly equal all of GAF

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think we needo take some ownership for the move if not most of it. BG made some less than intelligemt decisions and all are suffering for it.

I can get why peeps are pissed but coming is this thread just to take a shit like enron should be met with a day off or two.
Its okay to not know what you're talking about.

Proclaiming it like law... thats an issue.

h3ro

Enough of all your bickering, check this out:

E1qmD.jpg

vBFbI.jpg

The transformation is complete.

Its okay to not know what you're talking about.

Proclaiming it like law... thats an issue.

Fair enough. I don't see where I claimed to know anything other than somebodyB a mistake and we suffered for it. I have no desire to know what happened other than it wasn't me.

PS shots taken at people today: 5

DY_nasty

All you DO is take shots at people. I can only formulate my opinion of you based on what I see man.
And all you do is show up two or three times a week to rapid fire post and try really, really hard to be a homie when no one needs that.

You remember your first time posting in here? Who called you out? Everyone. Who was the first to tell you to chill back and not come off like a rambling jackass? Me. I almost never take shots at non-regulars. But by all means, continue speaking on behalf of everyone when you just showed up. Shit like that is what caused a good bit of the mess.

Enron

Banned
I should have kept posting in nbaGAF. People don't remember who I am :(

Eh, I'll guess i'll be back for the playoffs or something.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I should have kept posting in nbaGAF. People don't remember who I am :(

Eh, I'll guess i'll be back for the playoffs or something.

I remember your stories about your rings in that dork league you guys did or whatever it was.

So you're a Bulls - Thunder fan right?

And all you do is show up two or three times a week to rapid fire post and try really, really hard to be a homie when no one needs that.

You remember your first time posting in here? Who called you out? Everyone. Who was the first to tell you to chill back and not come off like a rambling jackass? Me. I almost never take shots at non-regulars. But by all means, continue speaking on behalf of everyone when you just showed up. Shit like that is what caused a good bit of the mess.

I post my opinions and a certainly.don't need to be coddled. I wish I could 24/7 patrol this board like you but i got that whole wife/kids thing going on...

I'm just going to refrain from responding to you from now on, problem solved.

DY_nasty

I post my opinions and a certainly.don't need to be coddled. I wish I could 24/7 patrol this board like you but i got that whole wife/kids thing going on...

I'm just going to refrain from responding to you from now on, problem solved.
You could like... oh I don't know, read the post, take piece from it here or there, say "word", and chalk one up to the game.

But dismissing everything works too I guess.

Gonna go patrol for racism. Brb

You could like... oh I don't know, read the post, take piece from it here or there, say "word", and chalk one up to the game.

But dismissing everything works too I guess.

Gonna go patrol for racism. Brb

lol!

Somebody called me a half n-bomb chink on the highway this morning...start there pls.

I would like to say I do enjoy your basketball mind and hope people don't read this as more than banter between sports fans.

filler

Banned
So good having kpopgaf and sports gaf under one roof. Can't comprehend why people are acting like little bitches over the move.

gTdQp.jpg

What were these less than intelligent decisions? I haven't been keeping up.

you're gping to get the same answer you did when you spammed.tje other board asking the same question...nobody knows and the few in the circle who do probably know better than to place it here.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow why so much salt in here?

You don't understand why people are upset that NBA-Gaf got singled out, got a pretty poor explanation of what was going on, got shut down for 4 days, got singled out yet again in a post explaining why all the sports threads got moved to community, and is now having fellow posters in here doing some backseat modding and have said user insulting people in here for being "24/7 losers".

thekad

Banned
you're gping to get the same answer you did when you spammed.tje other board asking the same question...nobody knows and the few in the circle who do probably know better than to place it here.

So you stated as fact that nbagaf was at fault. And now you're saying you have no idea what happened.

LuchaShaq

Banned
You don't understand why people are upset that NBA-Gaf got singled out, got a pretty poor explanation of what was going on, got shut down for 4 days, got singled out yet again in a post explaining why all the sports threads got moved to community, and is now having fellow posters in here doing some backseat modding and have said user insulting people in here for being "24/7 losers".

This.

Still have no idea why NBA thread got locked and why people out of line weren't dealt with individually instead of a whole thread.

When all of the Sony-fanboy psychos went berserk over Uncharted review scores should all Sony threads on gaming side be locked? What about something worse when people were personally attacking bioware writers pre ME3 release.

KingGondo

Banned
Looking forward to the game tonight. Managed to snag tickets with a group of friends.

A win would be nice. I think OKC matches up well with the cHeat, actually.

Yes, feel free to mock me if the Thunder lose.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Managed to snag tickets with a group of friends.

A win would be nice. I think OKC matches up well with the cHeat, actually.

Yes, feel free to mock me if the Thunder lose.

I hope the thunder whoop the Heat. I still believe the heat will not win a ring.

Blackace

NBA GAF wasn't singled out we ran amuck plain and simple. I tried to keep things loose in here but people keep pushing the limits in here and in other threads. Going around claiming best GAF like bootleg streetgang didn't help also..

DY_nasty

As far as EvilMario... Let me say this. If you got a favorite player, cool. We all have favorite players. When you tripped out over a direct and clear criticism and tried to inflate that into someone calling him a piece of a shit... you look crazy. I love Kobe's game. If I say he shoots his teams out of games, does that mean I think he is the worst player on the Lakers?
Did you read evillore's post or are you just taking a shot in the dark man. I'm confused??
The problem was that none of those issues were exclusive to NBAGAF. Also, if that same line of thinking is applied, guys who weren't even frequent posters here were the ones crossing lines.

Again, its cool to just not know what the fuck is going on. Rodeo has no clue and he's been one of the best contributors to this thread for a long, long time - he isn't acting like he knows what went down and he doesn't proclaim to speak for everyone either.

"I think we needo take some ownership for the move if not most of it. BG made some less than intelligemt decisions and all are suffering for it.

I can get why peeps are pissed but coming is this thread just to take a shit like enron should be met with a day off or two."

There are three things wrong with this.
1) We. - If a guy comes into the GayGaf thread and posts 3 times, does he then represent them everywhere?
2) Bestgaf made less than intelligent decisions and all are suffering from it - The move was coming anyways. Also, what poor group decisions did we make as a whole here? What are you talking about?
3) Enron was around before. And why are you backseat modding?

filler

Banned
NBA GAF wasn't singled out we ran amuck plain and simple. I tried to keep things loose in here but people keep pushing the limits in here and in other threads. Going around claiming best GAF like bootleg streetgang didn't help also..

With all due respect, Ace. I've seen much worse going on in the other sports threads, than what goes on in here. Whenever somebody has gotten out of line in here, they get banned.

Blackace

This.

Still have no idea why NBA thread got locked and why people out of line weren't dealt with individually instead of a whole thread.

When all of the Sony-fanboy psychos went berserk over Uncharted review scores should all Sony threads on gaming side be locked? What about something worse when people were personally attacking bioware writers pre ME3 release.

I agree that locking the entire wasn't the fairest way to handle it... And yes whole threads have been locked before..in fact Australia the country got banned before so...yeah

What do you think of the Clipper's inability to play transistion defense?

Why would i care about the Clippers? They are about to take themselves right out of the playoffs at this point and i'm ok with that. I also think the West is in shambles and the only team with any chance of winning the title is OKC.

Blackace

With all due respect, Ace. I've seen much worse going on in the other sports threads, than what goes on in here. Whenever somebody has gotten out of line in here, they get banned.

To be honest, i doubt you have seen anything as long running as the Best GAF schtick.. I am in other sports thread as well.. And you cant tell me you have seen worst.. Not without lying to yourself

Dy,

A fair post allow me one quick retort.

1) You don't know whom I know or speak to. The nba thread punishment was a major topic the last few days and many people have some knowledge of why it happened. To assume I don't speak with them is possibly incorrect.

2 Blacklace is right, the continued dropping of "bestgaf" all over gaf is irking some people. While I personally think its cool you all have a thing some people whom you might not even speak with drop in and judge people daily in the name of BG. This could not have possibly h.elped the cause of the sports thread movement.

3)Apologies to enron, his first post looked loke trolling. my bad.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Best way to prevent users from repeating something? Lock a thread and don't specifically tell them why specifically person x/y/z caused it.

Also I feel bad for the Thunder, they have sabotaged themselves by signing Fisher. If they play him more than 5-10 min tops in the playoffs it will be their downfall.

filler

Banned
To be honest, i doubt you have seen anything as long running as the Best GAF schtick.. I am in other sports thread as well.. And you cant tell me you have seen worst.. Not without lying to yourself

Maybe not "much" worse, but at the very least on par.

What exactly is the problem with calling this thread Best GAF? It's a joke in reference to Kim Jong Il calling North Korea "Best Korea". Nobody in their right mind actually believes NK is "best" anything, except best hellhole. It's incredibly stupid that anyone would take offense to that.

EDIT: On the other hand, it's just as stupid as people in here and the other sports threads not liking other subcommunities. I don't watch that My Little Pony cartoon, but I'm not gonna shit on the people who are into that.

LuchaShaq

Banned

What exactly is the problem with calling this thread Best GAF? It's a joke in reference to Kim Jong Il calling North Korea "Best Korea". Nobody in their right mind actually believes NK is "best" anything, except best hellhole. It's incredibly stupid that anyone would take offense to that.

"Best Gaf" is what got the thread locked? Really silly little jokes are now horribly offensive to the rest of the forum or something? Mind fucking blown.

Soooo anyhow... Let's see how many minutes Oklahoma Thunder all star NBA Champion Derek Fisher gets today.

If the rest of the OKC squad was smart they would hire a Shane Stant character to...take care of him.

linsivvi

Can we stop talking about this already? The thread is back and it's just stickied at a different section of the forum, so who cares?

Blackace

It is a problem when you members drive by troll other threads as best GAF and then bitch about how best GAF is the only place they can post in threads and on IRC.. The entire situation might have been handled differently but "silly little jokes" get old, just like memes...

Also we have always hazed, as do a lot of sports threads, but we were the worst of them all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom