• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can we stop talking about this already? The thread is back and it's just stickied at a different section of the forum, so who cares?

Actually I want people to know what will get them banned.. So come back later if you are up to speed and fill bothered by the discussion..

It is a problem when you members drive by troll other threads as best GAF and then bitch about how best GAF is the only place they can post in threads and on IRC.. The entire situation might have been handled differently but "silly little jokes" get old, just like memes...

Also we have always hazed, as do a lot of sports threads, but we were the worst of them all...

Ace: are there certain things that weren't bannable before that are now? Obviously not taking the schtick to other threads is still problematic but what about jokes and what have you that wouldnt get you banned before this whole thing went down? Should we fear making certain jokes?

LuchaShaq

Banned
The heat won't even get to the finals this year. It feels like the bulls are gonna win it all this year.

Odd, I honestly feel like the Bulls are the only top 10ish team that has zero chance against the heat even when they have home court.

Bulls beating the heat would shock me way more than the Magic/Lakers/Okc/Spurs/Mavs.

linsivvi

Actually I want people to know what will get them banned.. So come back later if you are up to speed and fill bothered by the discussion..

I get that. I just get the feeling that some people are simply whining instead of actually trying to understand why certain things are not unacceptable.

KingGondo

Banned
Soooo anyhow... Let's see how many minutes Oklahoma Thunder all star NBA Champion Derek Fisher gets today.

I was so pissed at him the other night against the Wolves. He goes something like 0-9 from the field in regulation, with 6 of those misses on wide-open corner 3s.

Of course, as we're pulling away in the second overtime, he finally knocks one down.

I guess the good thing is that he's getting open looks, and he can't shoot this badly forever. But I'd honestly rather see Sefolosha on the floor in those situations. At least he can defend someone.

Odd, I honestly feel like the Bulls are the only top 10ish team that has zero chance against the heat even when they have home court.

Bulls beating the heat would shock me way more than the Magic/Lakers/Okc/Spurs/Mavs.

The series was much closer than 4-1 and that was despite Rose have a terrible shooting slump in the playoffs.

I was so pissed at him the other night against the Wolves. He goes something like 0-9 from the field in regulation, with 6 of those misses on wide-open corner 3s.

Of course, as we're pulling away in the second overtime, he finally knocks one down.

I guess the good thing is that he's getting open looks, and he can't shoot this badly forever. But I'd honestly rather see Sefolosha on the floor in those situations. At least he can defend someone.

He can't shoot this bad forever eh? *Looks at Lakers age and snickers*

filler

Banned
It is a problem when you members drive by troll other threads as best GAF and then bitch about how best GAF is the only place they can post in threads and on IRC.. The entire situation might have been handled differently but "silly little jokes" get old, just like memes...

Also we have always hazed, as do a lot of sports threads, but we were the worst of them all...

Meh, I've never seen anything on the level of eznark in here, that didn't end with a ban.

If people were trolling outside the thread, while throwing around "best gaf". I hope they were given a long ban. I don't think I've ever used "best gaf" outside this thread, except when it was locked.

Blackace

Ace: are there certain things that weren't bannable before that are now? Obviously not taking the schtick to other threads is still problematic but what about jokes and what have you that wouldnt get you banned before this whole thing went down? Should we fear making certain jokes?
Your jokes are always bad...

We are going to have to be squeaky clean.. Basketball talk, good. Trash talking, as long as it isn't insults good.. Half naked women pics not good... Outside thread attacks in honor of BG not good...

I get that. I just get the feeling that some people are simply whining instead of actually trying to understand why certain things are not unacceptable.

Well they going learn today

Blackace

Meh, I've never seen anything on the level of eznark in here, that didn't end with a ban.

If people were trolling outside the thread, while throwing around "best gaf". I hope they were given a long ban. I don't think I've ever used "best gaf" outside this thread, except when it was locked.

I think some things were jokes that mutated into "truth" for some people. Bans are going to be harsh from here on out....so just trying to give people who do care a heads up

LuchaShaq

Banned
The series was much closer than 4-1 and that was despite Rose have a terrible shooting slump in the playoffs.

Rose had a shooting slump because the heat have two of the most athletic wings in the league, and rose had noone to rely on consistently.

Even during the close games I had no faith in the bulls.

I don't see how enough has changed to make me feel differently.

Heat are Romney and every other team is Santorum. They may make some noise here and there but ultimately the Heat have this shit on lock.

If you make Obama the Western conference I agree 100%

Can't think of a single situation I wouldn't rather have westbrook, harden, sefolosha, cook, or even Ivey in over Fisher. He really should not be seeing the floor unless Westbrook and Ivey both have season ending injuries.

linsivvi

He's going to have a decent game once in a while, most games though you'll just have to win despite of him. He'll be useful in tight situations during the playoffs and he'll be a positive locker room presence, and he'll occasionally make a big shot or two. Once your stars learn how not to panic and not to act like a bonehead like last season's playoffs you won't need him any more.

h3ro

2Ztt7.jpg

Your jokes are always bad...

We are going to have to be squeaky clean.. Basketball talk, good. Trash talking, as long as it isn't insults good.. Half naked women pics not good... Outside thread attacks in honor of BG not good...

Well they going learn today

Also the insults part while it may seem obvious it isn't especially in conjunction with trash talk. If DY calls me an idiot for a bad joke I don't take it offensively but consider it part of the trash talk. Would such an occurrence result in any type of action against him? Again, I just want to get a clear enough understanding as possible so we don't step over a line we didnt know existed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know :( also the insults part while it may seem obvious it isn't especially in conjunction with trash talk. If DY calls me an idiot for a bad joke I don't take it offensively but consider it part of the trash talk. Would such an occurrence result in any type of action against him? Again, I just want to get a clear enough understanding as possible so we don't step over a line we didnt know existed.

eat a dick

courtesy of the chef

<3

thekad

Banned
Honest question: Which threads were attacked in honor of nbaage?

Dy,

A fair post allow me one quick retort.

1) You don't know whom I know or speak to. The nba thread punishment was a major topic the last few days and many people have some knowledge of why it happened. To assume I don't speak with them is possibly incorrect.

smh

Flash

Well if we were keeping score he has casted roughly 100 less aspersions than you.....but maybe it's just "karma" right?

DY was the most level-headed member through the whole NBA-GAF lockout. Trying to keep everyone in the loop as much as possible and persuading people not to do dumb shit that would get us back even more.

Respect +1

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The heat won't even get to the finals this year. It feels like the bulls are gonna win it all this year.

I really am starting to feel this way. A few weeks ago the Heat looked absolutely untouchable, but they just have slowed down in such a big way. They've struggled against a few average teams and theyre haven't been as many blowouts. Meanwhile the Bulls continue to win without their best player on the floor.

h3ro

Dy's stories kept me thoroughly entertained. Gaby's stories made me wanna step up my international player game.

Just to see some salt, I'd love to see Fisher hit a dagger while dwywyane rolled around on the floor clutching his pinky toe or ear lobe.

I really am starting to feel this way. A few weeks ago the Heat looked absolutely untouchable, but they just have slowed down in such a big way. They've struggled against a few average teams and theyre haven't been as many blowouts. Meanwhile the Bulls continue to win without their best player on the floor.

Bulls had the best record last year and look what happened. Their best player was shut down. There aren't any dominating teams in the East besides the Heat. Again, barring injury Heat are a lock. Against the Spurs or OkC? Not as much a lock but it's theirs to lose.

Blackace

Also the insults part while it may seem obvious it isn't especially in conjunction with trash talk. If DY calls me an idiot for a bad joke I don't take it offensively but consider it part of the trash talk. Would such an occurrence result in any type of action against him? Again, I just want to get a clear enough understanding as possible so we don't step over a line we didnt know existed.

Best not to fling direct insults instead of

Cloving you are an idiot
use
Cloving your jokes are stupid as hell, please stop telling them before I change your name again..

Or something like that

Blackace

Anyways, I hope some things are cleared up now.. On the whole what happened wasn't really directed at NBA GAF as a whole, most of us are productive members of the forum..

Rose had a shooting slump because the heat have two of the most athletic wings in the league, and rose had noone to rely on consistently.

Even during the close games I had no faith in the bulls.

I don't see how enough has changed to make me feel differently

He was playing pretty terrible in the other series' as well. Not as much the Heat as Rose for why Rose played badly.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why is the whole "BestGAF" shtick so insulting to people? It was born out of the whole Best-Korea / Best-Gasol / Worst-Gasol meme to begin with.

The fact that people found it insulting considering it was kept within this thread almost exclusively is... weird. So who got pissed about us calling ourselves BestGAF? Because they sure as hell never spoke up in this thread about it, which makes it sound like people that never posted in here to begin with.

It's so weird to catch feelings over that.

dabig2

He was playing pretty terrible in the other series' as well. Not as much the Heat as Rose for why Rose played badly.

Yeah, people are forgetting Rose sprained his ankle in the Pacers series and then tweaked the hell out of it in the Hawks series. He was not fully healthy for that series. He didn't have his explosiveness.

The unfortunate thing is that it might be the same this year (probably worse), especially now with his groin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom