• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
It's a shame Sac used its cap space on Brooks, because an amnesty bid in Blatche would be the most Kings thing ever

1NBz2.gif

Alrix

I'm kinda sad about Lin but I'm not gonna crucify Felton before he gets his chance. He comes in at a great price too if he gets back to playing effectively like he did when he was here before. So we'll see.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This may have been discussed and I've never been a CJ Watson fan, but how did the Nets get him for two years at the veteran minimum? The contracts being thrown around are outrageous and he's a decent back up.
He had bigger offers, but turned them down for some reason.

Fox318

I just find it funny that the Knicks were fucked no matter what they did here...lol.

Imagine the shitstorm if they matched it?

lol

They could have used the stretch clause and release Lin and spread the 15 million over 5 years if the dude was shit. Its not like the Knicks aren't already over the cap. They are basically paying 1 million for each game amare will play in 2015.

This has personal vendetta all over it.

Good luck with Novak without somebody to help create shots. Unless Felton is able to create earthquakes I can't see him being what he was on the Knicks before.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just find it funny that the Knicks were fucked no matter what they did here...lol.

lol

What shitstorm? Most fans wouldn't be complaining about 2/10 + a big expiring. Considering the contracts being given out this offseason 3 years 24 million really wouldn't created a shitstorm.

The Knicks should have never let it gotten to this point anyway.

Fox318

lol

Oh nooo

Dolan needs to pay luxary tax.

We are talking about something 2 years down the road. There are moves they can make in the future. You telling me no team is gonna want an expiring contract.

Joe Johnson was traded.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
what teams in the east have a competent FO?

Celtics
Heat
Hawks
Pacers (with Bird at least)
Sixers (maybe)

I can't think of any others.

Celtics just gave out the worst contract this entire offseason. Honestly Ainge is more lucky and daring (fortune favors the bold) than competent.

Sixers lol no.

Celtics
Heat
Hawks
Sixers (maybe)

WE JUST SIGNED KWAME BROWN...

nuff said bro....nuff said.

You guys keep saying this but how were they fucked if the kept Lin?

Personally I don't care but you know dudes would have been like "OMG DAT CONTRACTSZ OVERPAAAAID A OVERRATEDPLAYER LOLKNICKS".

Wrong or right, that would've happened.

Pimpwerx

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...er-return-miami-heat-hopes-avoid-back-surgery

This doesn't sound like a good idea. At all. It doesn't even help the Heat for him to retire and I think an amnesty only helps Arison's wallet when the luxury tax hits. He can't even walk straight and thinks rest can help his broken back!?

Coming back without back surgery? WTF?!? I don't want to see anymore of old man Miller hobbling up the court next season. If we can get one healthy season of Miller, I'd forgive the entire contract. PEACE.

It's just so hard to soldier on with this team. Sometimes, it's like "why bother"...we're fucked until someone can be our Steinbrenner and want nothing more than to win. A cable magnate owner? He doesn't care about winning; he only cares about enriching his network's value.

Apparently not even that. I think he's just a giant ten year old.

Omega

Banned

Celtics
Heat
Hawks
Sixers (maybe)

There aren't many competent teams in the West either. Not sure why you just singled out the East.

It's pretty much just Spurs, Lakers and maybe Dallas. After Cuban blew the team up thinking he was going to get Deron and Dwight, I have to question him.

Memphis is making their way up, but not quite there yet.

Edit - OKC and Denver slipped my mind. They're also up there.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Celtics
Heat
Hawks
Sixers (maybe)

no one in the east got away unscathed this FA. This whole FA has been all about teams making emotional deals or organizations being scared they wont be able to throw money away after this year.

SamuraiX-

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
RT @thepete2011 Are you surprised the Warriors haven't used the amnesty on Biedrins?>> Already used it last year on Charlie Bell.

I still nominate this as the worst use of an amnesty clause since its implementation.

And I doubt anybody ever tops it.

I still nominate this as the worst use of an amnesty clause since its implementation.

And I doubt anybody ever tops it.

Everyday I worry that we will be the team that takes on that contract because "m-maybe he just needs a change of scenery yo....y-yeah...".

I'm glad they have Black Falcon because any Iggy trade would have brought Beanz back.

Pimpwerx

Celtics
Heat
Hawks
Sixers (maybe)

Take the Hawks off that list, since they just brought Larry Drew back. That team will go nowhere under that guy. That team underachieved severely, and not just because of bad BBIQ. PEACE.

He is rich via his family.

Not surprising he manages his teams like a spoiled child.

Yeah, I remember reading an article about his life, his dad was a control freak who ran everything until he was ancient, so he's one of those people who didn't have to be an adult until he was like 40.

masud

Banned
Personally I don't care but you know dudes would have been like "OMG DAT CONTRACTSZ OVERPAAAAID A OVERRATEDPLAYER LOLKNICKS".

But that always happens anyway. For example anytime the Knicks are mentioned it becomes comicview in here. It doesn't actually hurt the team.

SUPREME1

Banned
I've been constipated for a few days and was getting a little anxious about not having dropped a proper deuce in that time. So I bought one of those little cartons of milk in the lobby snack shop along with a tasty cookie for breakfast.

I'm also lactose intolerant.

Let's just say my bowels are now clear of all obstructions.

giga

I've been constipated for a few days and was getting a little anxious about not having dropped a proper deuce in that time. So I bought one of those little cartons of milk in the lobby snack shop along with a tasty cookie for breakfast.

I'm also lactose intolerant.

Let's just say my bowels are now clear of all obstructions.
Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom