• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
Hey knicks GAF, remember how Felton would not pass the ball to a wide open Gallo and would instead take some ridiculous shot? Replace Gallo with Novak for a look to the future.

I honestly don't think he'll do that as the 4th option. He used to pass to Amar'e a lot, because he knew Amar'e was the only one who had a better chance of scoring than he did (and he was right) But this is a much different team, I'm confident (hopeful) that he'll be able to see that.

Pimpwerx

This may have been discussed and I've never been a CJ Watson fan, but how did the Nets get him for two years at the veteran minimum? The contracts being thrown around are outrageous and he's a decent back up.

He probably hurt his value in the postseason. He didn't really look good then. Still, I wish we'd have gotten him for the vet min, just as a spare. PEACE.

I honestly don't think he'll do that as the 4th option. He used to pass to Amar'e a lot, because he knew Amar'e was the only one who had a better chance of scoring than he did (and he was right) But this is a much different team, I'm confident (hopeful) that he'll be able to see that.

Felton is surrounded by a bunch of veterans and coach that isn't passive aggressive.

cant wait for this trainwreck of a season to start. melo and amare better step the fuck up

hope lin has a good future in the NBA. i just have a feeling hes gonna explode in houston and were gonna feel even shittier than we do now :|

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Not going to lie. As a Tri state resident I loved seein the Knicks totally stink up the place over the past decade and a half because I could talk a bunch of shit to my friends. When Lin started catchin fire, I caught myself really enjoying their games and making it a point to watch their games whenever possible. I noticed how the team was just clicking together for a good amount of time and I loved seeing the role players having a great time out there.

Then melo came back

I am now happily hating the Knicks again and will probably go on to throw VERY minimal support behind Brooklyn.

SUPREME1

Banned
Why is everyone raiLINg against MSG? Are the fans faiLINg to see that it was just a business move and nothing personal? Get a grip people, your squad will be back styLINg on opponents soon enough.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He's too busy getting DUI's to mentor Lin.

I think the Felton signing and what it implied "drove him to drink"

Lin was good, those people are idiots. At least now people will start pimping Lin now that he's not a Knick.

Shump did save Lin's butt a few times... more than a few times... his coming out party game happened partly because Shump played ballhawk defense on Deron. Also both those great Toronto game wins happened because Shump made Calderon a TO machine. But knowing the Knicks they will trade him for Grant Hill next year.

I laugh at this faux anger from Knicks fans, like they won't boo Lin if he completely stunk it up. This is the same town that A Rod gets booed in, a fucking first ballot HOFer. Think about that.

Fox318

Why is everyone raiLINg against MSG? Are the fans faiLINg to see that it was just a business move and nothing personal? Get a grip people, your squad will be back styLINg on opponents soon enough.

Dolan doesn't make business moves.

Start the tank now, put some extra cupcakes in feltons locker. Maybe we can get Shabazz.

I laugh at this faux anger from Knicks fans, like they won't boo Lin if he completely stunk it up.

At Lin yes but I think everybody knows the upside to Lin.

giga

Couldn't Lin have theoretically not signed that offer sheet or renegotiated it to increase the third year?

Or did he do it because he thought they would match up to a billion dollars?

It's just so hard to soldier on with this team. Sometimes, it's like "why bother"...we're fucked until someone can be our Steinbrenner and want nothing more than to win. A cable magnate owner? He doesn't care about winning; he only cares about enriching his network's value.

Let's just start the season so I can just move on.

Not anymore. I once was as I grew up as a Knicks fan as I spent my first 15 years of my life in NY.

But seriously are you a Knicks fan? How the fuck are any Knicks fans okay with losing Lin?

Cause he was a bum anyway and he was expensive and they're getting Chris Paul and Melo will give up competitive eating once Felton sons him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...er-return-miami-heat-hopes-avoid-back-surgery

HIALEAH, Fla. -- Mike Miller has decided against retirement and plans to return to the NBA champion Miami Heat next season.

Miller says he expects that he can avoid back surgery. He has been consulting with Miami neurosurgeon Dr. Barth Green throughout this offseason and believes the back problems he dealt with this past season can be minimized through rest and rehabilitation.

This doesn't sound like a good idea. At all. It doesn't even help the Heat for him to retire and I think an amnesty only helps Arison's wallet when the luxury tax hits. He can't even walk straight and thinks rest can help his broken back!?

JoeFu

Banned
I've lived in Orlando for about 10 years. Have had season tickets for almost every year (till they jacked up the prices).

Whats your point?

probably something stupid like

knicks_shirt.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I laugh at this faux anger from Knicks fans, like they won't boo Lin if he completely stunk it up. This is the same town that A Rod gets booed in, a fucking first ballot HOFer. Think about that.

Alex Rodriguez has had multiple 200 million dollar contracts and is the highest paid player in baseball.

Jeremy Lin would be the 4th highest paid player on his own team. He'd be barely making more money than freakin Steve Novak for the next 2 years.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
what happened to the Jazz, bro?

Thats never changing brother ... Jazz fan Fo' lyfe.

Just that I have events here in the Tri state area for work and I will bring clients to Nets games now before going to MsG which I used to last year during Linsanity.

Alex Rodriguez has had multiple 200 million dollar contracts and is the highest paid player in baseball.

Jeremy Lin would be the 4th highest paid player on his own team. He'd be barely making more money than freakin Steve Novak for the next 2 years.

YOU'RE NOT A KNICKS FAN. GET OVER IT. ENJOY THE MAGIC.

YOU'RE NOT A KNICKS FAN. GET OVER IT. ENJOY THE MAGIC.

I am a knicks fan, since 1988 and can tell you this is bull shit.

Do you watch the games because the way your acting I would say no. Felton aint going to do shit for this broken offense, Kid is a mess, Melo is a cancer, and Amare is cosplaying Billy Idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom