• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jeremy Lin's Departure Teaches Knicks Fans Important Lesson About Getting Excited By The Knicks

NEW YORK—Following the Knicks' decision Tuesday not to match the Houston Rockets' three-year, $25-million offer for point guard Jeremy Lin, depressed New York fans learned a valuable lesson about ever feeling even the slightest bit of excitement for their team. "Goddammit," longtime fan Erik Reid, 52, said upon hearing the Knicks had opted to acquire Raymond Felton from Portland in lieu of re-signing Lin, the team's sole bright spot in an otherwise forgettable 2011-2012 season.

"I guess it makes sense when you think about the Ewing-Riley team of the '90s, the entire Isiah Thomas era, spending $100 million on Amar'e Stoudemire, LeBron James choosing Miami over New York, and basically every single management decision under James Dolan. Christ, I really should know better by now." As of press time, Reid had spent several minutes staring wistfully at his Knicks season ticket-renewal form before begrudgingly filling it out and putting it in the mail.

masud

Banned
what teams in the east have a competent FO?

Celtics
Heat
Hawks
Pacers (with Bird at least)
Sixers (maybe)

I can't think of any others.

One trade (collusion) doesn’t' make you good. You don't remember the C's before that? And lol at the Sixers and Hawks, come on son...

Let the Feltsanity era begin.

RaymondFeltonSquirrel.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I've been constipated for a few days and was getting a little anxious about not having dropped a proper deuce in that time. So I bought one of those little cartons of milk in the lobby snack shop along with a tasty cookie for breakfast.

I'm also lactose intolerant.

Let's just say my bowels are now clear of all obstructions.

Lakers fan.

masud

Banned
http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/41211/marco-belinelli-nearing-a-decision.html

Both the Los Angeles Clippers and Marco Belinelli were interested in a deal but the Clippers had just their Bi-Annual Exception to offer. The Clippers, with the lobbying of Chris Paul, made overtures to the New Orleans Hornets but the Hornets refused to take on Ryan Gomes via sign and trade.

Now that the Clippers have gone with Grant Hill, Marco is looking at other teams. The Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have interest.

If he takes the vets min sure.

One trade (collusion) doesn’t' make you good. You don't remember the C's before that? And lol at the Sixers and Hawks, come on son...

Since the big 3, Ainge has also drafted fairly well and extended Rondo to a very team friendly contract. I think he's earned some respect.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think the Bulls Management team just pays beat writers a couple hundred each to include their names in reports. Just to make it look like, to their fans, that they're trying.
Ding Ding Ding.

I see it in you, Seph. Your eyes have seen the truth! Tear off the shackles!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dolan is just fucking Morey and Rocket fans as a whole. "Fuck you for structuring the deal like an asshole, Linsanity stays."

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Dolan is just fucking Morey and Rocket fans as a whole. "Fuck you for structuring the deal like an asshole, Linsanity stays."
Nah, I've accepted he's gone. People need to just move on now.

Felton better fucking realize what's going on right now.

EDIT: and by people I mean certain members of Knicks-GAF.

Wait, are people still saying Carmelo is fat? Dude shed a bunch of weight compared to last season, just look at him now compared to 4 months ago.

Alrix

Nah, I've accepted he's gone. People need to just move on now.

Felton better fucking realize what's going on right now.

EDIT: and by people I mean certain members of Knicks-GAF.

Ray is gonna get fucking massacred by fans and media if he doesn't produce. Even more so if Lin plays well in Houston.

SamuraiX-

So is Kawhi going to become one of the best wing players in the NBA or something?

I've been wondering if he would've been this good if he went to the Pacers.

Is it the Spurs FO again seeing something more special in him than any of us could have imagined or is it the Spurs coaching and training staff developing him so well in such a short amount of time?

charsace

Why do people keep saying the Knicks don't want to pay the tax. That isn't it. Dolan is the problem. He feels like Lin and his agent betrayed him, and by extension the Knicks. Whenever money is concerned, paying it isn't a problem for the Knicks, its Dolan. If he thinks you betrayed him he will be your enemy until redeem yourself in your eyes. Dolan made Woody change his agent. Dolan still supports IT and hired Woody because IT recommended him.

One thing that people ignore is CAA. A lot of guys are a part of that one group and I don't think people realize this. There is something shady about them. Stephen A Smith, World Wide Wes, Isiah, Grunwald, Calipari, Woodson, Lebron, Carmelo, Paul, Wade, Bosh, recently Dolan and a whole bunch of other guys have strong ties to CAA.

I've been wondering if he would've been this good if he went to the Pacers.

Is it the Spurs FO again seeing something more special in him than any of us could have imagined or is it the Spurs coaching and training staff developing him so well in such a short amount of time?

I mean his skillset was always that of a fantastic roleplayer....most lottery teams are looking for more than that obviously so he's in a great situation.

charsace

Rockets could have sign and trade Lin for Lowry if they planned to go after Lin all along. The Rockets are some real cocksuckers.

pilonv1

As a Warriors fan, I wholeheartedly agree. Jeremy Lin wouldn't have been cut if they did this in the first place...

Maybe. But if they amnestied Biedrins they would have had more money to throw at DeAndre Jordan. Then there's no Bogut trade, Klay doesn't get time to develop and probably no Harrison Barnes.

I didn't agree with it at the time but in hindsight it's not that bad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I understand Knicks fans being upset but blaming the Rockets is silly.

Knicks chose to pay Kidd + Felton + Novak more money than Lin. That was their prerogative.

charsace

I understand Knicks fans being upset but blaming the Rockets is silly.

Knicks chose to pay Kidd + Felton + Novak more money than Lin. That was their prerogative.

Dolan would have matched if he didn't throw a temper tantrum over Lin doing a second offer sheet with the Rockets. It isn't the money, its Dolan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom