• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

This whole lin thing make absolutely no sense to me.

He's not a superstar but he's a decent point guard thats probably 10-20 pg in the league. Thats probably worth 3-8 million right there. Would I waste cap money to sign him? Hell no. But for New York there is no cap money. Signing him or not does no hurt the health of the team at all. They're over the cap with or without him and can't sign anyone with or without him. Heck his contract is actually perfectly placed where they can use his third year as a perfect expiring for trade or just let him go and have a ton of cap space in 2016 where a lot of their players are expiring.

So everyone is complaining about this "poison pill" 3rd year at 15 million a year costing the knicks like 45 million after luxury tax. One when have the knicks ever worried about the luxury tax. Two they must have pretty shitty marketers if they can't find a way to make 45 million off of Lin. Heck they'll probably lose well over 45 million in stock value from not signing him alone. The kid made you 200+ million plus helped broker the MSG deal last year.

This makes no sense to me? Its like all pro and no cons. Plus if he actually does become they real thing and becomes a top 5 pg. Its like hitting the lottery while they're paying you to play it.

Personally I hate the Knick as a Connecticut native that move to NYC and hates all New York teams. ( I hate MA teams too) My wife though is pissed as hell and is bugging me none stop about why the Knicks aren't signing him since I'm supposed to be the sports guru.

Maybe there's some clause somewhere where it doesn't make sense for the Knicks to sign him but WTF? CAn anyone explain this?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dolan would have matched if he didn't throw a temper tantrum over Lin doing a second offer sheet with the Rockets. It isn't the money, its Dolan.

Yeah this makes more sense. Dolan has never given a shit about overpaying anybody and now he suddenly cares about salary.

Alrix

He's not a superstar but he's a decent point guard thats probably 10-20 pg in the league. Thats probably worth 3-8 million right there. Would I waste cap money to sign him? Hell no. But for New York there is no cap money. Signing him or not does no hurt the health of the team at all. They're over the cap with or without him and can't sign anyone with or without him. Heck his contract is actually perfectly placed where they can use his third year as a perfect expiring for trade or just let him go and have a ton of cap space in 2016 where a lot of their players are expiring.

So everyone is complaining about this "poison pill" 3rd year at 15 million a year costing the knicks like 45 million after luxury tax. One when have the knicks ever worried about the luxury tax. Two they must have pretty shitty marketers if they can't find a way to make 45 million off of Lin. Heck they'll probably lose well over 45 million in stock value from not signing him alone. The kid made you 200+ million plus helped broker the MSG deal last year.

This makes no sense to me? Its like all pro and no cons. Plus if he actually does become they real thing and becomes a top 5 pg. Its like hitting the lottery while they're paying you to play it.

Personally I hate the Knick as a Connecticut native that move to NYC and hates all New York teams. ( I hate MA teams too) My wife though is pissed as hell and is bugging me none stop about why the Knicks aren't signing him since I'm supposed to be the sports guru.

Maybe there's some clause somewhere where it doesn't make sense for the Knicks to sign him but WTF? CAn anyone explain this?

MSG's stock dropped 64 cents a pop on monday, totaling 49 mil. There's Lins contract plus the luxury tax right there. lol

our amazing owner felt insulted and like any teenager, decided to delete lin from his facebook friends list

Felton is going to get booed unmercifully this season. Watching Knicks games are going to be great.

yep, though unfairly. it wasnt his decision but now his job just got a whole lot harder

People thought they would keep one of the two pgs they had. Instead they dumped both guys and went after a guy that they chose to cut over Johnny fucking Flynn. The rockets are a real clown organization.

If Lin is as good as a bunch of people are making him out to be then isn't this a great move by the rockets? They get a top 10 pick and superstar Jeremy Lin?

People thought they would keep one of the two pgs they had. Instead they dumped both guys and went after a guy that they chose to cut over Johnny fucking Flynn. The rockets are a real clown organization.

I understand you're just kinda pissed on a bad day, but that dorsn't even make sense. Why are they clowns for just using cap space instead of giving up trade assets to get Lin?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets could have sign and trade Lin for Lowry if they planned to go after Lin all along. The Rockets are some real cocksuckers.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I am not sold on Lin like that... but he would have paid for himself in one year... Houston is going to once again have a starting player on the All Star regardless if he played a game that year or not..

pilonv1

I am not sold on Lin like that... but he would have paid for himself in one year... Houston is going to once again have a starting player on the All Star regardless if he played a game that year or not..

If he's an All-Star in the west this season it's by fan vote only.

giga

Kobe calling out Stern.

Speaking at an appearance at the town hall in Manchester not long after the Americans reached British soil via an overnight flight following Monday night's exhibition victory over Brazil in Washington, D.C., Bryant branded Stern's proposal to restrict the NBA's Olympic involvement to players aged 23 and younger as "stupid."

"It's a stupid idea," Bryant told local reporters at the reception to welcome them to Manchester in advance of Thursday night's exhibition game here against Team Great Britain. "It should be a (player's) choice."

Asked how much he and his Team USA teammates have talked about Stern's proposal since getting together in Vegas on July 5, Bryant said: "Our discussion is this: Basically it's just a dumb idea and we (discuss) it that way. ... We just discuss it like that (and) kind of voice our opinions through you (media) guys."

The Los Angeles Times quoted Bryant as saying: "I think that's the wrong way to look at things. If I'm an owner, I would want my player to play (internationally) because I understand that they're going to be playing anyway, going to be playing pickup basketball in the summertime, and I'm not going to be able to know where they are. They could be playing against a bunch of bums -- no, really -- guys that feel like they have something to prove and all of a sudden, a (star player) goes to the rim and a guy takes them out and now he's hurt.

"Here you're playing against the best guys, you have treatment around the clock, your (NBA) coaching staff can always come sit in the stands and view practice. To me, playing on an Olympic basketball team is actually better if you're an owner."

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/...d-stern-olympic-age-limit-concept-stupid-idea

Omega

Banned
Knicks fb wall is fun.

https://www.facebook.com/NYKnicks/posts/10151292927924616

https://www.facebook.com/NYKnicks/posts/261130530666168

XShb+

q9YE+

Please tell me you are just showcasing your amazing photoshop skills.

I refuse to believe these are real..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kobe makes a fair point. Better to have your star player practicing with the best players in the world against elite competition in games that matter then messing around with no name guys and without a proper medical staff.

RBH

I feel the same way about this whole situation.

fertygo

Lilard can be ROY, he have the tools to shine in this PG-centric league nowadays, n big chance he got biggest play-time among other rook.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Lillard gonna get minutes this year.. his backup is Nolan Smith.

Blazers aren't gonna win this year, might as well just play up-tempo and lose with style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom