• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

80% is the thing that should please you the most.. a big man who can shoot high 70s is steal these days.. shit a SF who shoots high 70s is becoming rare..

Saw some video of him in practice a couple days before the SL and he hit like 20 in a row from the top of the key.

Right now, his post game skillset is minimal but squared up he's pretty sharp. He needs to put on some weight but his activity so far shows that he invites contact.

Slightly interested in Pat Ewing as a coach...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"LAS VEGAS – Rockets owner Leslie Alexander was willing to gamble. The odds, however, were not good.

The Rockets had cleared the roster of their point guards, hoping to pull off a long shot to acquire Jeremy Lin. They had also reworked the roster, hoping to put together an equally unlikely deal for a centerpiece star. One gamble paid off. And while he pursues the other, he no longer considered the stakes as great.

On Tuesday, the Knicks announced that they would not match the Rockets’ offer to Lin, sending him back to Houston. And after a week of summer league, Alexander still wants that blockbuster deal, but no longer considers it as crucial to the team’s long-term outlook.

“I thought it was more important two months ago than today,” Alexander said of the pursuit of a trade for a franchise star. “After you watch Jeremy Lamb play, and you watch Terrence Jones play and (Donatas) Motiejunas play and Royce White play, and (Chandler) Parsons is really good, we add Jeremy Lin and it (the major trade) is important, but it’s not as ultra-important as I thought it was. “

The Rockets might be betting on a long shot as they continue to seek a trade for the star they lack, primarily talking with the Magic about center Dwight Howard. But particularly after their good fortune in his pursuit of Lin this week, Alexander was willing to gamble again.

“I wish I had a set team like when I had Dream (Olajuwon) and all the set players, so I have to take risks to get where I want to go,” Alexander said. “We have to take risks.”

He already has the Rockets back in the spotlight that left when Yao Ming retired. Alexander said the benefits to the business of basketball are nice, but far from the motivation, instead citing how they might help the Rockets rebuild.

“I love it,” Alexander said. “I think it’s great for the city of Houston. It’s great for the fans. I think a team needs to have that attention to attract free agents and do what we have to do to win. It helps. It always helps (the business), but the real reason is it helps to attract free agents. They’ll want to play with Jeremy, but also they want to be someplace they will be on TV, they can market themselves, all that stuff.”

The addition of Lin should immediately bring attention. ESPN will broadcast his introductory press conference.CNN will cover it. Alexander, however, was happy just to have Lin running the point on his dramatically rebuilt team.

“I think he’s going to be a great addition for the team,” Alexander said. “I think he’s going to be a great player in the league – very good to great.

“It was very risky and very hard to do. It worked out in our favor, thank God. We changed the team completely from last year. It’s almost a whole new team. You can see in summer league how good the young guys are. I think the future is really, really good.” "

Has he finally decided enough... tank and rebuild or is this just bs mind game tricks.

Cnn? for real lol I'm sorry, but lol

Lore kind of assaulted a girl, can't defend that really. Even if she was trying to get free drinks out of him, he had no right to grab her ass. Deserved to get more than turned down. His "hey it's Spain, this is the perfect place to assault women!" is kind of creepy.

Jonm1010

Banned
he has been agressive.. which is good. The refs kinda suck in Summer League..
Yeah that is true. He needs to ut on some weight though or he's gonna get beat up bad in the NBA.
It's inexcusable that he went almost 20 spots ahead of Marquis Teague,

Proof that nepotism can take you very far.

I just think people will probably end up looking back in a few years and ask why the fuck we didn't take quite a few guys that went after rivers.

I already wish we had taken Leonard instead.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
After thinking about it some more. Yeah, Lore probably crossed the line. Should have just said no, and ignored her, if possible. Don't sink down to her level.

After thinking about it some more. Yeah, Lore probably crossed the line. Should have just said no, and ignored her, if possible. Don't sink down to her level.

Sinking to her level in that situation would seem to be asking her to pick up the next round. Unless she was groping him beforehand, grabbing anyone like that is just wrong. I'm not going to read his entire journal entry sized posts to see what is what. Maybe I don't have all the facts.

squicken

"LAS
Has he finally decided enough... tank and rebuild or is this just bs mind game tricks.

Cnn? for real lol I'm sorry, but lol

Sounds like he's willing to tank. I mean if he's willing to not get Howard at all costs then they have a 50 loss roster. Could be fun to watch, but with Lamb and Lin, I'm not exactly sure who would be playing perimeter defense

dream

God, Joakim Noah should kick this "Gary McPhee's" ass for completely jacking his size, look, and shooting form.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sounds like he's willing to tank. I mean if he's willing to not get Howard at all costs then they have a 50 loss roster. Could be fun to watch, but with Lamb and Lin, I'm not exactly sure who would be playing perimeter defense

Simply no defense of course, the amount of points they will give up will be insane. Can't wait to see how Asik defends the paint with starter mins lol Dude will foul out in the first quarter just trying to defend the rim.

This team will be exciting to watch on the offense side though. I just really want Kmart gone, he does not belong anymore. Someone has to want him :(

The 3rd Knick to claim Jeremy Lin's contract is ridiculous is...

SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. — Steve Novak hoped Linsanity would return to New York, but he agrees that Houston’s back-loaded, poison pill contract offer was “ridiculous.”

“It can be looked at as a ridiculous contract in the sense that it’s a $5 [million], a $5 [million] and a $15 [million over the first three years],” Novak told SNY.tv Wednesday at the Steve Novak Basketball Camp at Sleepy Hollow High School.

“It is kind of ridiculous in terms of the structure. I don’t think in terms of Jeremy’s value that it’s ridiculous. I think everybody knows that. He’s very valuable….I wasn’t there when Carmelo said it but ‘ridiculous contract,’ I think probably means more the fact that there’s a max offer being offered in the third year when the first two was a five.”

Now that Lin is gone to Houston, Novak said he’s “shocked.”

“I think more than anything, most people are shocked,” he said. “I don’t think anybody saw the possibility of Jeremy being anywhere else.”

Novak remained in text contact with Lin recently and hoped he would return to play the point.

“There’s no doubt it’s disappointing,” Novak said. “And when I say disappointing, that comes from me really wanting Jeremy to be my teammate. So hopefully it’s the best thing for Jeremy. He knows, I think everybody knows, I wanted him to be back, and I wanted him to be out there doing what he was doing last year for us.”

Like Lin, Novak has also played in Houston, but he said it will never compare to playing at Madison Square Garden.

“I think being in the Garden, it’s just special,” he said. “To me it’s religion, the fans and the atmosphere and the history, it’s not even really comparable.”

Lin himself wanted to return to New York, as he told Sports Illustrated.

“Honestly, I preferred New York,” Lin told SI. “I love the New York fans to death. That’s the biggest reason why I wanted to return to New York.”

He added, “But my main goal in free agency was to go to a team that had plans for me and wanted me.”
Jesus, what a selfish thug Steve Novak is. I mean you can't win anything with that guy, he obviously wanted the spotlight to himself and pushed Lin out of NY. He saw all the hype Lin got and was like "WTF? This is MY TIME. I am NOVAKAINE, I gots to get this dude off the team."

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sinking to her level in that situation would seem to be asking her to pick up the next round. Unless she was groping him beforehand, grabbing anyone like that is just wrong. I'm not going to read his entire journal entry sized posts to see what is what. Maybe I don't have all the facts.
Didn't he say in one of the posts that she was "all over him"? I interpreted that as she was physically all over him, maybe groping him, etc. Either way, still a tasteless move, definitely.

dream

What the goddamn motherfuck is this shit?

forfuckssake.png

Matrix

Matrix

"With the additions of Kidd, Felton and Marcus Camby and the re-signings of Novak and J.R. Smith, Novak agrees the Knicks are built to win now."

LOL win what?

Vyer

Does Felton know how to pass to a spot up shooter? Novaks probably scared shitless his one skill might be ignored.

RBH

Potential Dark Knight Rises spoiler in the "In Memory Of.. stickers on the backs of cars'' thread, of all fucking places. :/

Just giving a heads-up.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Jamison had a 2-yr,$8 m offer to play for his hometown CHA. But agent Makhtar N'Diaye's reminder about will to win pushed AJ to choose LAL.

At least there's someone on the Lakers now who cares about winning.

squicken

Simply no defense of course, the amount of points they will give up will be insane. Can't wait to see how Asik defends the paint with starter mins lol Dude will foul out in the first quarter just trying to defend the rim.

This team will be exciting to watch on the offense side though. I just really want Kmart gone, he does not belong anymore. Someone has to want him :(

So Asik's backups will be the PFs? Yeah KMart has to go. Don't know how but he can't be in the way when he's not part of the future.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Nuggets sign restricted free agent center JaVale McGee to a four-year, $44 million contract, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

I'm surprised Darko's not getting offered multi-year deals paying double figure millions per year at this point.

Matrix

I'm pretty sure Lin declined Novak's sexual advances and Novak is pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm_rffJUXCg

20 to 28 seconds in, to this day I have NO IDEA what Novak was thinking. But look, if you can't agree the structure is kinda ridiculous then you're not being honest.

I think the whole thing is absurd. I'm actually already tired of it from both teams and media lol I mean the fact that CNN is covering Lin it is just stupid. Still Dolan could have matched that, it's simply his fault not matter how crazy the structure is considering all the shit Dolan has done and the players he has payed. It's his stupid ass that told Lin to go out and get as much as he could basically.

" Potential Dark Knight Rises spoiler in the "In Memory Of.. stickers on the backs of cars'' thread, of all fucking places. :/

Just giving a heads-up. "

I have already had basically the whole movie spoiled for me by some piece of shit junior member who went into the no spoiler thread and committed account suicide just to get off. Ive been in a shitty mood for two days cause of that.

Puddles

Banned
I don't understand the way the Knicks FO looks at the luxury tax.

You shouldn't think of it as potentially $43 million just for Lin. You should think of it as $29 million in tax for the entire roster.

Matrix

So Asik's backups will be the PFs? Yeah KMart has to go. Don't know how but he can't be in the way when he's not part of the future.

Guess so lol I honestly have no clue what Morey is doing to be honest esp with the rookies playing well and this Howard shit dragging on. I mean what are we doing with Lee? Clearly he's either going to be eventually sign and traded or kept around if we get Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom