• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I agree with all these. I think Fournier should have went lotto and I think Wroten can be a starting pg.
I think Wroten is best suited for 6th man like Terry, Nate and so on..

I like Fournier but don't think he was a better prospect than the G taken before him..

people reading too much into summer league

For me it is an on going process from college (int) play to draft workouts to summer league..

charsace

And you base that on his shitty performance in the summer league, or something else?

This is like the people who say Waiters won't be good because of the numbers. Fournier looks good. He plays within himself and the team and will make a good secondary ballhandler/playmaker in the league.

He's not taking bad shots but he's shooting under 40% and he's not doing anything else. He even had 7 fouls against the Knicks.

He'll be good, I have no doubt about that, but his SL is so underwhelming, it's sickening.
Lots of guys have terrible summer leagues, especially the guys that have spots and are playing in the SL for the first time. Durant and Lebron looked horrible too. And people say Tim Duncan was terrible in his first summer league.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
shitty performance? He didn't light the world on fire.. but at 6'7" he is seeing time at PG didn't take ANY bad shots.. needs to stop traveling but all in all has been ok..

Also want to say Zeller has shocked the hell out of me..

Zeller can't.

He's Adam Morrison the Center.

Blackace

Lawrd, Evan Fournier might have played a grand total of ten televised games only in France, and now we have experts here. What can a dunk on Faried do for you?
You don't know what footage people have seen.. a few of us take scouting and following players kind of seriously..
He's not taking bad shots but he's shooting under 40% and he's not doing anything else. He even had 7 fouls against the Knicks.

He'll be good, I have no doubt about that, but his SL is so underwhelming, it's sickening.

I see good player in this SL.. rough but good.

Gabyskra

Banned
You don't know what footage people have seen.. a few of us take scouting and following players kind of seriously..

Oh yeah? Tell me what channel the french league is on in France, and tell me how you got around to getting that footage from the US? Please do.

pilonv1

Also want to say Zeller has shocked the hell out of me..

I'm not shocked as much because he's an "as is" player. I don't think you're going to see him improve in any great manner over his career.

Now Myers Leonard, that dude has some hustle you can't teach and should come on in leaps and bounds over the next few years. I just hope he gets a good coach.

Blackace

Oh yeah? Tell me what channel the french league is on in France, and tell me how you got around to getting that footage from the US? Please do.

well there is this website called youtube.. and there are a ton of draft sites with highlights and games.. so get off your fucking high horse stop pretending like finding info on a Euro player is hard these days..

It's not like when Dirk was drafted.. damn son..

It's not like you can't find the Ligue Nationale de Basketball without living in France..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Adam Morrison was a center he would have been a boarderline all-star

So what you're saying is

Zeller is going to have an incredibly mediocre rookie year, then blow out his knee guarding a Walton in preseason?

y yo?

Blackace

I'm not shocked as much because he's an "as is" player. I don't think you're going to see him improve in any great manner over his career.

Now Myers Leonard, that dude has some hustle you can't teach and should come on in leaps and bounds over the next few years. I just hope he gets a good coach.

I don't know.. Zeller has a nice touch and feel for the ball. Really good hands. These are also things you can't really teach a big man..

Blackace

So what you're saying is

Zeller is going to have an incredibly mediocre rookie year, then blow out his knee guarding a Walton in preseason?

y yo?

I am saying he would been offered 3/25m without ever starting!

charsace

Which is why I laughed when people said he had no motor. He played with idiots on the Illini who were more concerned with making the league than winning. And as is almost always the case those idiots hurt their draft chances. Leonard would get post position a lot and his teammates would chuck dumb shots.

squicken

I really don't want the Rockets to get rid of their rookies and I don't care if its just summer league. These kids are impressive.

Well I feel like if they may have to give up Jones or Lamb, but not both. Donuts can't be traded until August but that seems to not be a problem with how slow it is all going

They've got such a glut at PF . . . don't know. They were fun to watch for these few games for sure. But even w/Asik, they are a 50 loss team. If not Howard they would still need to move some players

Blackace

I really don't want the Rockets to get rid of their rookies and I don't care if its just summer league. These kids are impressive.

The Boston Rockets could be the next baby Bulls

Gabyskra

Banned
well there is this website called youtube.. and there are a ton of draft sites with highlights and games.. so get off your fucking high horse stop pretending like finding info on a Euro player is hard these days..

It's not like when Dirk was drafted.. damn son..

It's not like you can't find the Ligue Nationale de Basketball without living in France..

Dude. There were 58 LNB games on tv during the last season. Fity fucking eight. Do you know how many games Poitiers (Fournier's team) had that were televised? ONE. Just one. Plus the all star game. That's IT. Stop pretending. You read about him, nothing else. You saw a few highlights on youtube, that's not "taking scouting seriously".

Pretending you're watching Pro A ball is really funny since EVEN THEN it would not be enough to see him.

Blackace

Dude. There were 58 LNB games on tv during the last season. Fity fucking eight. Do you know how many games Poitiers (Fournier's team) had that were televised? ONE. Just one. Plus the all star game. That's IT. Stop pretending. You read about him, nothing else. You saw a few highlights on youtube, that's not "taking scouting seriously".

Pretending you're watching Pro A ball is really funny since EVEN THEN it would not be enough to see him.

There is plenty of reel on him. Never said I watched every fucking full game he played. I watched what I could and how much I could.. stop pretending like you know what the fuck I do..

I am not watching Pro A ball on norm but if a player I want to know about is playing Pro A I will dig up some games.. yeah I read about him too.. but you really think you know what people do and how they do..

Gabyskra

Banned
By the way, we don't call it LNB here, we call it Pro A. LNB is more than just Pro A. I played LNB ball.

Sorry, but yeah, i'm sure you dig up tapes of Pro A games. Especially since there was just one. Maybe you have homies in the stands that record games for you back in Poitiers.

Kevtones

Yeah, not reading into Leonard's offense in th SL. Without structure, it's tough to tell. He's at least looked real fluid on his PnRs and been shooting 80% at the stripe.

Blackace

Yeah, not reading into Leonard's offense in th SL. Without structure, it's tough to tell. He's at least looked real fluid on his PnRs and been shooting 80% at the stripe.

80% is the thing that should please you the most.. a big man who can shoot high 70s is steal these days.. shit a SF who shoots high 70s is becoming rare..

pilonv1

I don't know.. Zeller has a nice touch and feel for the ball. Really good hands. These are also things you can't really teach a big man..

Agreed, I just think he's never going to be a strong rebounder/defender due to some physical deficiencies. He could probably develop a nice outside shot, just don't see him ever being beyond a good starter.

Blackace

Agreed, I just think he's never going to be a strong rebounder/defender due to some physical deficiencies. He could probably develop a nice outside shot, just don't see him ever being beyond a good starter.

agreed, it seems like these days you get a good high post center who can't rebound but can score 12-20ppg or a center who can do every else a center should do but score..

JoeFu

Banned
Man... Jae Crowder is awesome. All the stuff he's doing right now in the summer league can easily translate to the real stuff. Really really like him.

John Jenkins is stroking it too. Fun game right now with Dal and Atl.

exarkun

Yo all these rockets rookies + Morris look good and actually give fucks. Its astonishing, and if this is our team next year I'll watch the shit out of it.

I still feel bad for Morris

Brinbe

Man... Jae Crowder is awesome. All the stuff he's doing right now in the summer league can easily translate to the real stuff. Really really like him.

Real big fan of Crowder too. Was praying that he'd drop to us in the 2nd.

pilonv1

agreed, it seems like these days you get a good high post center who can't rebound but can score 12-20ppg or a center who can do every else a center should do but score..

If you could combine Zeller + Leonard you'd have an absolute animal. Oh well...

SamuraiX-

Yeah, I was just thinking about this situation last night. The team is at salary cap. (Yes, they spent all their cap to become a 30 win team.) You have rookie contracts to add to that. Any trades that happen will be with those future extensions in mind. As in, they won't be trading Salmons for a big time player with a contract that would keep them from being able to extend Cousins.

My hope is that the start of the season is a trial period for Evans. If he shows up as the same player he has been for three straight seasons, then I think they pretty much have to trade him mid-season.

As to why the team spent their cap the way they did, I'm not sure. I remember a tidbit attributed to Stern about being wary of teams using revenue sharing as a way to be a non-competitive money maker. As in, don't think you can just not spend any of your salary cap and expect to profit off of the teams that do.

It's the Maloofs and our FO, man. There's no method to the madness - just incompetence and greed.

You're suggestion does sound very MaDOOF-esque though.

squicken

Yo all these rockets rookies + Morris look good and actually give fucks. Its astonishing, and if this is our team next year I'll watch the shit out of it.

I still feel bad for Morris

Besides K Mart and Lowry (not totally their faults) I thought last year's team had good effort. But it was a no hope go nowhere roster. Even if the kids suck, they'll get better. Maybe you get lucky and a couple turn into good players. But if they can get Howard you give some of these guys up. The odds are way long against any of them ever being elite

Looks like he got banned for making fun of a user's appearance.

I know it gets rough in this thread but that guy was super aggressive. Dunno what the deal there is

Crowder has really good form on his jumpshot. I thought his bulky ass would be in the post all the time, but he is more of a jumpshooter lol.. I like him though, I'd like him to be our backup SF for now.

JoeFu

Banned
Crowder has really good form on his jumpshot. I thought his bulky ass would be in the post all the time, but he is more of a jumpshooter lol.. I like him though, I'd like him to be our backup SF for now.

Yeah he shoots a little too much but whatever. Really like him. Bernard James is doing pretty well too.

Jonm1010

Banned
I see Rivers is not playing for NO already. That seems odd.

He's banged up a bit.

There taking precautions.

Thoughim not sure I'm liking what I see from him so far. I know it's a new position for him and all but he looks like he has a looooonnng ways to go.

He's banged up a bit.

Thoughim not sure I'm liking what I see from him so far. I know it's a new position for him and all but he looks like he has a looooonnng ways to go.

It's inexcusable that he went almost 20 spots ahead of Marquis Teague,

Proof that nepotism can take you very far.

Blackace

He's banged up a bit.

he has been agressive.. which is good. The refs kinda suck in Summer League..

Blackace

It's inexcusable that he went almost 20 spots ahead of Marquis Teague,

Proof that nepotism can take you very far.

Only if Teague had a hook up in the NBA.. like a brother playing or something..

It's horrible he went before Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom