• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1397802_o.gif

DMczaf

"Houston Rockets ‏@HoustonRockets
I like it. RT @FakeClyde: Good idea by the Rockets Twitter account to do this. Getting this publicity should get them to 100K followers.

WTF are they really trolling Rockets fans or trying to play it off now like it's not a big deal.

Shit isn't cool, wtf is going on with my team.

At least you still have the Astros.

squicken

That's why I think it's a bad idea to throw away everything when the only thing that'll convince him to stay his having his bird rights. IMO only way you throw it all away is if you'll have the pieces available to convince him to stay besides his bird rights. Like if OKC had the balls they should try to move Ibaka and Harden since a Westbrook/Durant/Dwight combo sounds way more dangerous than what they have now and they have the depth to withstand losing those 2 guys.

Agreed, but I'd move Westbrook but I guess that's not possible since he and Durant are super-bros. They'll never do it but grabbing Howard for anything but KD is a good move

Pimpwerx

So had a hilarious discussion with someone tonight about the '12 versus '92 team argument. I said I don't think this '12 team has a chance, but I suggested that a proper Dream Team from today, assembled the way the original one was, would consistently win.

I suggested a roster that looked more like this:

Westbrook/Rose
Wade/Kobe
Bron/Durant
Bosh/Aldridge
Dwight/Bynum

I think that squad matches up very well with any in history, including the original Dream Team. My question is this, "Is it outlandish to suggest this team could give the original a serious challenge?" You may feel one way or another about it, but is it such an outlandish notion that that '12 team would beat the '92 team? Would you find the argument offensive, even?

I'll give a brief explanation for why I do think this lineup could consistently beat the '92 team. I first assume that athletes have gotten bigger, faster and stronger in ever sport. I think sports science, scouting, training, conditioning and coaching have improved in the last 20 years.

PG: Stock and Magic are HOFers, but I don't think either has a prayer of guarding Russ or Rose. Spo pretty much kitchen-sinked Westbrook in the Finals, and he torched everyone. Playing the more team-oriented Olympic game, I think he'd be the tip of the spear for the '12 offense against that defense, just driving at will. OTOH, I think he and Rose do a great job on Stockton, but get posted up a lot by Magic. There could be a shift on defense to account for Magic's size.

SG: *ahem* A wash between MJ+Clyde and Wade+Kobe. MJ is the best player on both teams, but there's only 1 ball. He'd get his on Wade or Kobe, but both those guys would get theirs on Clyde. I don't see Clyde doing much against either Wade or Kobe either, so I consider this a wash.

SF: Bron+Durant is about as potent a tandem as there is in sports. Pippen can't handle one of them, much less both of them the full game. Whenever Mullin checks into the game, it's Christmas in July. Defense isn't an issue, as Pippen's offensive game wasn't that good. I think this is the biggest mismatch of the 2 teams.

PF: Bosh+Aldridge would pair 2 stretch 4s against Karl and Chuck. That's an interesting matchup. Karl and Chuck are better on the boards, and will do some work in the post, but Bosh and LMA are also pretty good in the post, while having the ability to hit from the perimeter. Plus, Bosh and LMA are 2-5 inches taller and better getting to the rim. I want to say a wash, but a slight edge to the '92 team here.

C: Robinson and Ewing vs Dwight and Bynum? I give the slight edge to the modern team here because of size in Bynum's case and athleticism in Dwight's.

Is this such an offensive claim? I'll let you decide. Like I said, I had a hilarious chat tonight, and thought I'd bring the debate here. People are less likely to get butthurt on a forum. PEACE.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude, obviously they wouldn't break a huge blockbuster trade by following Chris Duhon's twitter.

Why would they follow 4 random magic players. This shit isn't funny. They should know how pissed off fans are. Clearly now we know it wasn't hacked. They never follow random scrubs like Duhon, just superstars and their own players.

This organization is full of complete douches and tards now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Neither do you.

Care to step outside?

Rockets twitter now following Hedo...

"Hidayet Türkoğlu ‏ @hidoturkoglu15"

Wow, what a fucking joke. Sadly some twitter Rockets fans don't see there now being trolled by their own team.

Pimpwerx

AxpfWtlCAAEVOUC.jpg

@daldridgetnt
RT @Malean_G @clutchfans Look at who the rockets started following http://pic.twitter.com/K2Fx2Hgg>> Obv, first thing I checked was if they follow me..

Hmm.... PEACE.

Pippen is right, they would beat THIS team by 25. There are no bigs outside Tyson and Love.

If Wade/Bosh/Dwight and stuff played, then not by 25.

hey it's scottie pippen this is pretty cool.

edit: holy shit anthony davis playing in the fucking olympics before his first season starts, holy hell he must feel amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom