• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
God this rumored deal makes no sense at all for Orlando. It's beyond stupid. Anderson Varejao are you kidding me? We had a better Anderson at PF (and really both guys are the not really centers but not really PF either mold) last season for basically the same money and happens to be 6 years younger too and is not constantly injured.

Please Henny just wait. And wait some more. Pulling a trigger on one of these stupid deals just to placate Lakers fans is stupid.

Sharp

I can't believe JaVale got $11 million a year for three good games.

Well, actually I can, but that's still terrible. The Nuggets will be near last in defense as long as they have him.
Colorado sports fans are weird, they come to games even if the team sucks so long as it's entertaining. So they may not care.

LuchaShaq

Banned
God this rumored deal makes no sense at all for Orlando. It's beyond stupid. Anderson Varejao are you kidding me? We had a better Anderson at PF (and really both guys are the not really centers but not really PF either mold) last season for basically the same money and happens to be 6 years younger too and is not constantly injured.

Please Henny just wait. And wait some more. Pulling a trigger on one of these stupid deals just to placate Lakers fans is stupid.

Varejao is garbage and a decent 4th big man not someone to help rebuild a team.

I've yet to see anything from the LAL/CLE deal that isn't massively trumped by any combination of houston youngins/picks or honestly even the Nets shit sandwhich.

Varejao is garbage and a decent 4th big man not someone to help rebuild a team.

I've yet to see anything from the LAL/CLE deal that isn't massively trumped by any combination of houston youngins/picks or honestly even the Nets shit sandwhich.

I don't either. Their GM seems like he's a bigger moron than the last one.

If Dwight suits up for ORL it's going to a massive circus and distraction. The only reason I can think of that HOU deal not being taken is because it was never offered. Morey must have offered too few players or picks or wasn't willing to take enough shit contracts for Henny's liking.

If it's the latter, I have to assume that Asik and Lin make that even less likely.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JRudolphSports
Sources: Dwight Howard is ready to join Lakers. If traded to Los Angeles Howard will re-sign long-term with team after 2012-13 season.

welp I guess thats that. I should prepare myself for Anderson Varejao future.

squicken

http://i.imgur.com/mtGhT.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

This is too funny. The Lakers and Orlando need a third party for the trade b/c Richardson fucked Nash's wife. Could you imagine a potential Howard to LA trade falling apart b/c the guy they traded for 10 minutes ago doesn't want to play with the guy who made a cuckold of him?

I think Andy V is really good player and incredibly underrated, but he's still basically a defense and rebounds only big man who is injury-prone and can't block shots that well.

JRudolphSports
Sources: Dwight Howard is ready to join Lakers. If traded to Los Angeles Howard will re-sign long-term with team after 2012-13 season.

Aww shit

Btw almost got spoiled on TDKR on facebook...Thank god the fucker at least had the decency to leave spaces before

Omega

Banned
JRudolphSports

It was all part of his master plan

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I really hope the Nets mesh together well... I think they could shock some people...

IM GOING IN DRY SON

dwight-laker-hat.jpg

I can't believe JaVale got $11 million a year for three good games.

Well, actually I can, but that's still terrible. The Nuggets will be near last in defense as long as they have him.

What?

Dude was tied for the top BPG this postseason and second in the regular season. He also was a top ten rebounder in the post season.

There are far worse....

Edit: Denver was a top 5 defense last postseason.

If it helps, Varejao was close to making the allstar team and out rebounded Dwight on the Offensive end every time the cavs played the magic.

I really hope the Nets mesh together well... I think they could shock some people...

I have them penciled in at around #2 in the East. If Brook Lopez is finally over his historically bad case of mono, then maybe they can upset The Heat. I doubt it, but they have a better chance than any other EC team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Still holding out hope that the 3rd team involved is the Rockets. I don't believe Morey is done yet.

Being involved in a trade with Dwight and Bynum and getting neither feels so stupid but it is what it is.

Still holding out hope that the 3rd team involved is the Rockets. I don't believe Morey is done yet.

Being involved in a trade with Dwight and Bynum and getting neither feels so stupid but it is what it is.

Well do you want nothing... or something? They want to trade howard, and free up some cap not lose howard.. and still have some high cap player.

giga

Dwight can say what he wants. He said the same about the Nyets. Until there's a pic of him holding the jersey with Mitch, I don't believe shit.

Pimpwerx

If that trade happens, then LOL at people who said GMs were mad about superteams forming. That lockout was all about a cash grab. No one cares about competitive balance. It's never really existed in the NBA anyway.

I don't mind Dwight going to LA or BK. Anyone that grabs him is gonna have to compromise their bench, meaning they compromise their chances on the season. PEACE.

SamuraiX-

JRudolphSports

Yeah, let's trust the REALGM COLUMNIST, even though nobody else is saying shit about this right now.

If that trade happens, then LOL at people who said GMs were mad about superteams forming. That lockout was all about a cash grab. No one cares about competitive balance. It's never really existed in the NBA anyway.

I don't mind Dwight going to LA or BK. Anyone that grabs him is gonna have to compromise their bench, meaning they compromise their chances on the season. PEACE.

LA compromise their bench? HA! What bunch fool?

Blackace

I have them penciled in at around #2 in the East. If Brook Lopez is finally over his historically bad case of mono, then maybe they can upset The Heat. I doubt it, but they have a better chance than any other EC team.

I don't think they can beat the heat now.. but if things look good maybe they too can get a ring chaser or two next season..

Their starting 5 is really underrated.. they have a quality player at every position when you think about it...

I've never actually felt irony as a feeling before but I could literally feel it when I read this post.

Well, now teams are forced to form a "Super Team" in order to compete with the one super team.

Joke's on you! The Lakers don't even have a bench

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yeah, let's trust the REALGM COLUMNIST, even though nobody else is saying shit about this right now.

I was just going to post this. It's just another rumor in a long line of absurd bs rumors that have been going for what seems like a decade.

And I could care less if "Rudolph" says that. Dwight has mental issues and can change his mind 5 mins from now. His ego and small brain have gotten even worse.

squicken

I just took that to mean Dwight was willing to go to LA now. Not that Orlando was willing to trade him there. I just really don't think HOU is going to build around Bynum. They may end up with him but it's not going to be along with a lot of picks or players going out

Blackace

only way Morey gets in the trade is if he is getting AB I figure...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just took that to mean Dwight was willing to go to LA now. Not that Orlando was willing to trade him there. I just really don't think HOU is going to build around Bynum. They may end up with him but it's not going to be along with a lot of picks or players going out

If Rockets destroy their team or get rid of these rookies for Bydumb... fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom