• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kobe would never act like today's entitled stars, demanding a trade to the team of their choice.

Kobe is a gentleman and a scholar, sir. Hey, did you hear how Fisher fucked over the Jazz that one year?

Will there ever be a "Meanwhile in Houston" gif?

Meanwhile in Houston

DHLUV.jpg

Sanjuro

Best thing about Kobe...he sucks.

Worst thing about Kobe...he is vastly underrated.

I would never want Kobe on my team...unless I played on an NBA team.

etc. etc.

benjipwns

Banned
See guys, DY gets it? Why can't the rest of you?!

Seriously though, it seems every two months this same argument is started.

Are we going to have to start staring out Kobes name like ***** ****?
Almost exactly a week ago Heavy was talking about Kobe's no fear killer instinct.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have to say to say though, Oldbe's unfiltered, extremely arrogant comments are kind of cool nowadays since everyone is either super PC or whining about not wanting to play on their 50 win team.

Its a shame because Kobe is still my favorite player in the league.

Seems like this thread always makes me shit on my most liked players though... Kobe, Rose, Lin...

thekad

Banned
Who's bringing The King into it? Everyone already knows he's better than Kobe ever was.

I'm just saying I'd rather go through the Kobegaf cycle than the Lebrongaf cycle

I don't know if I'm a bit late but I've been reading through the thread and..

Pippen would shit on Kobe. Sometimes I think people don't realize how good Pippen actually was..

Pippen said that the Dream Team would beat the 2012 Team by at least 25.

Dream Team beat Croatia by 32 in a Gold Medal game where

1) Toni Kukoc was the best player on the team

2) they didn't pull away till late

So Pip thinks that the 2012 team is only 7 points better than that Croatian squad?

LOL

Not saying Dream Team would lose (because they wouldn't) but that shit is laughable...25 points...next Pip will be saying LeBron is better than Jeffrey...oh wait.

linsivvi

Pippen said that the Dream Team would beat the 2012 Team by at least 25.

Dream Team beat Croatia by 32 in a Gold Medal game where

1) Toni Kukoc was the best player on the team

2) they didn't pull away till late

So Pip thinks that the 2012 team is only 7 points better than that Croatian squad?

LOL

Not saying Dream Team would lose (because they wouldn't) but that shit is laughable...25 points...next Pip will be saying LeBron is better than Jeffrey...oh wait.

Pippen has lost his mind ever since he lost the MVP award to Justin Bieber.

Bucher said:
Timeline filled w/Dream Team first 5 suggestions. Problem: 3/4s of the suggestions don't adhere to parameters I had to meet choosing mine

Parameters: pick only from '92 and '12 squads. Pick based on the player's ability at that time, in '92 or '12. Career arc meaningless.

My 5, for those who missed it on SportsCenter today: 5. David Robinson, 4. Charles Barkley, 3. Kobe, 2. LeBron, 1. MJ.

If I'm interpreting this right, Ric Bucher thinks that 2012 Kobe was better than 1992 Malone, 1992 Robinson, 2012 Durant, 1992 Barkley, 2012 CP3, 92 Ewing, and 92 Pippen. Is that what this Kobe debate is about?

benjipwns

Banned
If I'm interpreting this right, Ric Bucher thinks that 2012 Kobe was better than 1992 Malone, 1992 Robinson, 2012 Durant, 1992 Barkley, 2012 CP3, 92 Ewing, and 92 Pippen. Is that what this Kobe debate is about?
Bucher doesn't think that, his sources have confirmed it for him.

IWTMB is Jeremy Lamb going to be any good, I've got a gut feeling he'll be in Magic white very soon

Yes as long as his teams runs offense and has their SG run around screens and cut a lot since he's amazing at both. Making him the main scorer is a bad idea, but he should be a good complementary player.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Oh.... you, your'e reaching Brandi level cuteness here.

Unfortunately, some of the hate that has been spewed (especially towards Shaq) by some Lakers-fans is nothing short of embarrassing.

Yes as long as his teams runs offense and has their SG run around screens and cut a lot since he's amazing at both. Making him the main scorer is a bad idea, but he should be a good complementary player.

Watching some of his college highlights he seems like an SG variation of Durant; why can't he be a main scorer, motor?

Watching some of his college highlights he seems like an SG variation of Durant; why can't he be a main scorer, motor?

I don't think he's quick enough to beat a lot of people off the dribble. Maybe he is, but I think he's more going to be a very good player and your team will be really good if he's the third best player and pretty bad if he's the 1st or 2nd best player.

Im a few pages late on this debate but what the fuck did a prime Barkley, Pippen, Malone, Robinson, Stockton do that puts them over a prime Kobe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom