• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Artest kept them in the game now?

Shit, I could've sworn you guys told me for years that it was Pau's toughness and grit on the boards that won them the game and not the fact that Boston was gimped in the frontcourt or because of some horrendous officiating that leads to shooting 40 fts when your team couldn't even take it inside most of the game.

But now that you want to sound like you got a point to make with Artest, WHY THE FUCK NOT

They shot 24FTs that fourth quarter... That shit was... yeah...

But anyway, Kobe gets no respect from the refs, man.

And yet Kobe gets a pass for those three shit games he put up? And whatever the fuck it was he did in '08?

If you are going trot out CONSISTENCY, you can't be ball-washing Kobe at the same time.

WHERE AM I BALLWASHING KOBE?

SHOW ME.

I already said, Artest is the only fucker that showed up in Game 7.

Put it like this, reilo.

What happens in that 2010 series if the Lakers have 1992 Jerome Kersey instead of Lamar?

benjipwns

Banned
And yet Kobe gets a pass for those three shit games he put up? And whatever the fuck it was he did in '08?

If you are going trot out CONSISTENCY, you can't be ball-washing Kobe at the same time.
Kobe's somewhat consistent in the Finals:
2000: .367
2001: .415
2002: .514
2004: .381
2008: .405
2009: .430
2010: .405

I can't put Clyde's prime over Kobe's, but I will say that it is a lot closer than a lot of people, mainly Lakers fans, like to believe.

we need a d-league

I agree with Dy. On both accounts.

Bryant's post-game response after USA defeated Dominican Republic in Las Vegas on Thursday night: "So what, he knows I'm a bad mother[expletive]. I'm not really tripping. The fact is, they have Ewing and Robinson and those big guys, it's tough. If you're asking me, 'Can you beat them one game?' Hell yeah, we can beat them in one game. You didn't ask me if we could beat them in a 7-game series. In one game, we can beat them. No question about it."

Little better of a quote there for Kobe.

Branduil

Artest kept them in the game now?

Shit, I could've sworn you guys told me for years that it was Pau's toughness and grit on the boards that won them the game and not the fact that Boston was gimped in the frontcourt or because of some horrendous officiating that leads to shooting 40 fts when your team couldn't even take it inside most of the game.

But now that you want to sound like you got a point to make with Artest, WHY THE FUCK NOT

Unlike his team, DY never tanks it.

8 for 20 isn't terrible. Had 6 asts and 4 steals as well.

Game 1: 30/7/6 (10-22, 45%)
Game 2: 21/5/6 (8-20, 40%)
Game 3: 29/7/4 (10-29, 34.5%)
Game 4: 33/6/2 (10-22, 45%)
Game 5: 38/5/4 (13-27, 48%)
Game 6: 26/11/3 (9-19, 46.4%)
Game 7: 23/15/2 (6-24, 25%)

He had two awful games in that series. Of course people will remember the last one but look at it as a whole. Two terrible games (games 3 and 7), four really good games (games 1, 4, 5, and 6), one mediocre game (game 2). That's not the disastrous series that the revisionists want to make it out to be.

reilo

WHERE AM I BALLWASHING KOBE?

SHOW ME.

I already said, Artest is the only fucker that showed up in Game 7.

Put it like this, reilo.

What happens in that 2010 series if the Lakers have 1992 Jerome Kersey instead of Lamar?

YOU WON THE SERIES.

Goddamn. How are you overlooking this fact? Lakers-fans: win a Finals in 7 games? NOT GOOD ENOUGH. If only players X Y and Z played better it would have been a sweep! Sweep or bust, bitches.

reilo

8 for 20 isn't terrible. Had 6 asts and 4 steals as well.

Game 1: 30/7/6 (10-22, 45%)
Game 2: 21/5/6 (8-20, 40%)
Game 3: 29/7/4 (10-29, 34.5%)
Game 4: 33/6/2 (10-22, 45%)
Game 5: 38/5/4 (13-27, 48%)
Game 6: 26/11/3 (9-19, 46.4%)
Game 7: 23/15/2 (6-24, 25%)

He had two awful games in that series. Of course people will remember the last one but look at it as a whole. Two terrible games (games 3 and 7), four really good games (games 1, 4, 5, and 6), one mediocre game (game 2). That's not the disastrous series that the revisionists want to make it out to be.

5 turnovers, 5 fouls, only 3FTA, 2-7 on 3s that game, 21 points on 20 shots. I call that a "bad" game. Especially for a "Top 2 MAYBE 3 player on the '92 Olympics!" player.

But move that goalpoast.

Branduil

Little better of a quote there for Kobe.

LOL I like how Kobe makes sure everyone knows how much of a hardcore badass he is in an attempt to cover up his meek walk-back of his comments.

"YEAH I'M LIKE TOTALLY THE BALLINGEST BALLER EVEN JORDAN KNOWS THAT. Oh and I never said we win a series against the dream team justonegamebecauseyouknowanythingispossibleyoucan'tcontrolwhattheballdo PEACE"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
at least heat fans don't slutshame mario chalmers for not being an all-star

what are you even saying at this point, pimp?

The shit with this thread always comes back to Kobe somehow. No where did I give Kobe a pass on any of his failures (sorry, my d00d, but I'm not Konex). Kobe has fucked up plenty in the past ( and if you check my post history, he gets called out on that shit a lot) but this notion that you can count on Lamar Odom the same way the Blazers could count on Kersey is fucking absurd.

5 turnovers, 5 fouls, only 3FTA, 2-7 on 3s that game. I call that a "bad" game. Especially for a "Top 2 MAYBE 3 player on the '92 Olympics!" player.

But move that goalpoast.

Lol at putting "5 fouls" in a list of bad statistics, come on. Grasping at straws. It wasn't a good game but it wasn't disastrous. 8 for 20 with 6 assists, 4 steals, 5 TOs isn't some black mark on his record.

thekad

Banned
They will throw anyone under the bus to preserve Kobe. Glad they aren't old enough to trash Worthy and Kareem on Magic's behalf

They have to downplay Kareem to make Magic look better than the top 10 player he already is.

Being a Lakers fan is a delicate balancing act.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lol at putting "5 fouls" in a list of bad statistics, come on. Grasping at straws. It wasn't a good game but it wasn't disastrous. 8 for 20 with 6 assists, 4 steals, 5 TOs isn't some black mark on his record.

Compared to Finals games of other guys? It damn sure isn't "good"

reilo

89ORtg, 21 points on 20 shots.

Whenever you can have a similar ORtg as Derek Fisher, you gotta get praised dawg.

Good game Kobe!

linsivvi

The shit with this thread always comes back to Kobe somehow. No where did I give Kobe a pass on any of his failures (sorry, my d00d, but I'm not Konex). Kobe has fucked up plenty in the past ( and if you check my post history, he gets called out on that shit a lot) but this notion that you can count on Lamar Odom the same way the Blazers could count on Kersey is fucking absurd.

The amount of trolling in the past few pages is ridiculous. Just take it easy man. Don't take the bait.

Did I say it was a good game? He delivered in games 1, 4, 5 and 6. Two terrible games in 3 and 7, and ok fine a "bad" game in 2. Look who he had on that team, the worst starting point guard in the league, a moping LO, and a bipolar Pau.

reilo

You (and other Lakers fans) have a bad habit of bringing up the failures of Kobe's teammates whenever the subject of Kobe stinking it up is brought up.

Shit game 7? What about Lamar! Where was Pau that series! If we only had Jerome Kersey!

... and yet you still won the chip and can't be satisfied. Most entitled fanbase? Yeah, no kidding.

Look at this shit, look at it:

Did I say it was a good game? He delivered in games 1, 4, 5 and 6. Two terrible games in 3 and 7, and ok fine a "bad" game in 2. Look who he had on that team, the worst starting point guard in the league, a moping LO, and a bipolar Pau.

What did I just say? Hell, I'll quote myself within the same post! I am a bad motherfucker, like Kobe:

me said:
You (and other Lakers fans) have a bad habit of bringing up the failures of Kobe's teammates whenever the subject of Kobe stinking it up is brought up.

benjipwns

Banned
How many times will you guys be roped into the same Kobe conversation?

It's the same thing over and over.
7BA2c.png

Shit game 7? What about Lamar! Where was Pau that series! If we only had Jerome Kersey!

... and yet you still won the chip and can't be satisfied. Most entitled fanbase? Yeah, no kidding.

Maybe if people weren't constantly trying to downplay his achievements and legacy that wouldn't be the case.

KOBE SHOT 6/24 THAT GAME.

HE FUCKED UP.

reilo

Maybe if people weren't constantly trying to downplay his achievements and legacy that wouldn't be the case.

Maybe if you and others didn't claim that he was as good as Michael and others, we wouldn't have to.

I have to say to say though, Oldbe's unfiltered, extremely arrogant comments are kind of cool nowadays since everyone is either super PC or whining about not wanting to play on their 50 win team.

linsivvi

How many times will you guys be roped into the same Kobe conversation?

It's the same thing over and over.

It always happens when Kobe age takes the bait and then drag us into the mess.

It's like how darkside will show up when people say Ryan Anderson sucks or Syphon Filter will appear when we talk about how the Knicks got rip off in the Melo trade.

So...Ryan Anderson sucks!

Omega

Banned
I don't know if I'm a bit late but I've been reading through the thread and..

Pippen would shit on Kobe. Sometimes I think people don't realize how good Pippen actually was..

Branduil

I have to say to say though, Oldbe's unfiltered, extremely arrogant comments are kind of cool nowadays since everyone is either super PC or whining about not wanting to play on their 50 win team.

Kobe would never act like today's entitled stars, demanding a trade to the team of their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom