• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Any trade that involves Bynum or Howard agreeing to an extension will fall apart. Not sure why people keep kicking the tires on that. They've both made it clear they are going to be FAs (even though they'll likely sign with the existing team)

Alrix

So what the hell, CJ Watson got signed for the vets min? I thought he played good in Rose's absence, enough to get a decent contract.

pilonv1

He apparently turned down more lucrative contracts, for some reason.

Prokorov under the payment deals yo

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk

"An In Shape Raymond Felton" "A Young Jason Kidd" "An Unselfish Melo" "A Defensive Minded Amar'e" "A Relevant NY Knicks"

ethered

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Conflicting info out there, but source insists Raymond Felton's deal with New York will pay him approximately $18 million over four years.

Please be true

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Conflicting info out there, but source insists Raymond Felton's deal with New York will pay him approximately $18 million over four years.

bigbabyfood2.gif

Omega

Banned
Cavs are as much of a joke as Dwight as this point.

Complain about superteams
join talks in building another superteam
realize the hypocrisy and end talks
Repeat step 2 once a week

Cavs are as much of a joke as Dwight as this point.

Complain about superteams
join talks in building another superteam
realize the hypocrisy and end talks
Repeat step 2 once a week

Gilbert is trying to combine Kyrie/Bynum to form his own super team. They would have the 4th seed in the east on lock for the next 10 years.

pilonv1

I thought that whatshisface from last year is coming back

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blazers-begin-interviewing-coaches-week-las-vegas-111800336--nba.html

The Oregonian's Jason Quick reported on Monday that new Portland Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey intends to begin interviewing coaching candidates this week during the Las Vegas Summer League.

Yes, you read that right, "begin interviewing."

It seems ridiculous that the Blazers are only just now reaching out to potential coaches, but then again, Olshey has barely been on the job for a month, and he's had quite a bit on his plate already.

Still, Portland's front office should have had this ball rolling before Olshey even came on, shouldn't it have? There have been some top-notch coaching candidates on the market this whole time -- Mike D'Antoni, Stan Van Gundy, Jerry Sloan, Mike Dunleavy -- and the Blazers could have been reaching out to them.

Olshey didn't disclose the list of candidates he plans to interview in Vegas, but the assumption here is that it'll be almost entirely guys who are current NBA assistants, since head coaches don't often coach the summer league teams.

That'd seem to leave us with a relatively short list of highly sought-after NBA assistants, led by the Indiana Pacers' Brian Shaw and the Golden State Warriors' Michael Malone, both of whom were reportedly candidates for the Orlando Magic job. But the Vegas Summer League features 23 NBA teams, so that gives us a whole host of possible coaches Olshey could be talking with this week.

pls no Malone, Olshey

Cloudy

Banned
3yrs for 10 mil seems very cheap for Felton considering the outrageous contracts being given out. Much better on-the court value than Lin. Shit, I'd rather have Felton at 3yrs/10mil than Nash at 3yrs/27mil

pilonv1

3yrs for 10 mil seems very cheap for Felton considering the outrageous contracts being given out. Much better on-the court value than Lin. Shit, I'd rather have Felton at 3yrs/10mil than Nash at 3yrs/27mil

This has to be some sort of bizarre triple reverse konex

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Kogepan

i'd rather go through the D-league and get the pick of the litter for the minimum.

Smokey

you're serious too that's what makes it so lool

You're not going to want Felton once he starts buying the team Krispy Kreme donuts every single day.

You're not going to want Felton once he starts buying the team Krispy Kreme donuts every single day.

too bad there is only one krispy kreme in nyc

......and it's in penn station right under the garden lol

have you watched him play

linsivvi

The only way that is true is if you had 27 million in your bank and you're paying one of them.

LuchaShaq

Banned
God damnit. Dwight needs to stop being a little bitch already.

Dwight is like an emo middle school girl who lashes out crying for attention like threatening suicide with a bottle of pills (whoops they are flintstones chewable vitamins!).

If he truly wanted to be gone he wouldn't have taken the extra year.

OR he is the dumbest player in the NBA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Isola preachin'

I understand this mentality but if the Knicks were in a win-now mentality they might want to start by building their franchise around some superstars who have actually won some playoff games and they would be paying Lin or somebody else instead of banking on 40 year old Kidd and Felton not being a useless fatass.

This move seems like a financial move. Dolan doesn't think the Lin gravy train has enough gravy in it to justify the crazy taxes down the road. But even then it doesn't really make a ton of sense considering what Lin has done for the value of MSG and for the Knicks.

Jacque Vaughn is the front runner for Magic HC, apparently Brian Shaw interviewed poorly :\

Well this is just depressing. Nothing against Vaughn, was just hoping Shaw would get the job.

DCX

DCX
LMAO NY. What on earth is the sentiments to get rid of Lin in favor of Failton??

Money. Isiah would give no fucks and match Lin and Fields in addition to Failton and Thomas. Lin was going get his...enjoy Houston. Felton needs to get that eye of the Tiger and become neoKnicks Felton again.

We still need a SG. James White to the rescue? :(

DCX

linsivvi

I understand this mentality but if the Knicks were in a win-now mentality they might want to start by building their franchise around some superstars who have actually won some playoff games and they would be paying Lin or somebody else instead of banking on 40 year old Kidd and Felton not being a useless fatass.

But the Knicks already have their superstars who have won some playoff games....

They just haven't been winning for the Knicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom