• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pissed off at other shit so sorry about that but still

If you are going to post optimistically...come with more than just random posts like LIL KYRIE and WAITERS.

Maybe it's because my franchise hasn't given me much to be hype about....meh.

Jdez15

Banned
What optimism? You freaking clowns are giving the Knicks fans a hard time when their present situation is their worst it's gonna be for the next five years, and would probably be your peak during the same time period.

You like it, you think Cleveland's cool? I mean, I never heard, etc.

Lol the Knicks are never going to win a championship during the Melo era. Get over it and stop taking your hate out on low market teams fans you idiot.

Gabyskra

Banned
Their cap is fucked all 3 years wether they get Lin or not. This is a pure money vs. talent dilemma since Felton sucks/is fat and Kidd is old/a scumbag who drives drunk.

It's not like not matching on Lin takes Amare off their books.

It's not because you're over the cap that you don't have some leverage to make deals. Getting Lin now in such a way could have meant losing out on Paul next summer or who the fuck knows. Not saying it will happen, just saying that this line of thinking does not apply to all teams.

It's not because you're over the cap that you don't have some leverage to make deals. Getting Lin now in such a way could have meant losing out on Paul next summer or who the fuck knows. Not saying it will happen, just saying that this line of thinking does not apply to all teams.

lol knicks are not getting cp3.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I am pissed off at other shit so sorry about that but still

If you are going to post optimistically...come with more than just random posts like LIL KYRIE and WAITERS.

Maybe it's because my franchise hasn't given me much to be hype about....meh.

naw, i feel the same

the lack of creativty and "ur just mad cuz we'r FREE" shit is eye roll nonstop

giga

Nah bro we're not getting him unless we can convince someone to do a sign a trade for cp3 in exchange for amare.

RBH

Why is Babyskra melting down in the middle of July

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

I just wanted any excuse to shoehorn this gif into a post.

Knicks are finishing somewhere in the 1-5 seed.

Knicks will finish 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th overall in the East and then sign Chris Paul the following offseason BWAHAHA you fucking fools. There's no other word to describe it.

masud

Banned
Why are Knicks fans mad their team isn't overpaying an overrated player? Your FO makes a smart business move for a change, and you get angry. You guys deserve Isaiah Thomas. PEACE.

I guess it's smart for them, but why should I give a fuck? After decades of making moves that fuck over them and their fan's I should be happy that the Knicks decided to look out for just themselves for a change? Look I understand why management may care about Lin's salary, even why other players on the team might, but why should I as a fan? Bottom line is that Lin's contract wouldn't hurt our ability to make moves just Dolans wallet. Fuck Dolans wallet. Look I'm just tired of my team giving away young talent and assets to 'win now' and then not winning shit. It's been decades of this shit.

Oh my...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Paul?

WHAT?!?!

LuchaShaq

Banned

They have zero shot at Paul next year lin or not. Can't s/t to over the cap teams (not that they would have assets besides shump if his knee is ok which is still a backup sg), and no shot at capspace lin or not.

Not matching Lin is like a 400 lb person getting a diet coke with their 4 bigmacs and bucket of fries.

Knicks will be fine. 7-10 seed and a first round knockout once Shumps comes back.

DCX

fixt

DCX

DCX
They have zero shot at Paul next year lin or not. Can't s/t to over the cap teams (not that they would have assets besides shump if his knee is ok which is still a backup sg), and no shot at capspace lin or not.

Not matching Lin is like a 400 lb person getting a diet coke with their 4 bigmacs and bucket of fries.

fixt

matching Lin is paying 29 million to eat this meal.

DCX

DY_nasty

biyombo catching anything is amazing
I love Taylor's game so much.

;_;
i was ready to hate the guy. looks aite
matching Lin is paying 29 million to eat this meal.

DCX

you wont have any cap flexibility anyways, may well keep the talent you got and stay in the luxury - and its funny because Lin has no doubt already paid for his entire contract.

its being cheap for no reason

Gabyskra

Banned
Getting trolled by Neocavs, delusional CP3 fantasys. This is a bad showing Gaby...

Dude, just get a bunch of benzodiazepin and end your day. Want to talk about the way you show your true self? You're psychotic, every two months you take out your depressed avatar like a sad puppy, sucking up to the trolls. Or about the typical high school lack of comprehension skills that you seem to share with juniorcavs? I'm not saying the Knicks are getting CP3, if it's not about summer 2013, it's about summer 2014. Two years ago, we didn't have a single player of the present day roster. Things change fast in the NBA. Knicks will be in the playoffs for the next few years, we know that, so chill.

Dude, just get a bunch of benzodiazepin and end your day. Want to talk about the way you show your true self? You're psychotic, every two months you take out your depressed avatar like a sad puppy, sucking up to the trolls. Or about the typical high school lack of comprehension skills that you seem to share with juniorcavs? I'm not saying the Knicks are getting CP3, if it's not about summer 2013, it's about summer 2014. Two years ago, we didn't have a single player of the present day roster. Things change fast in the NBA. Knicks will be in the playoffs for the next few years, we know that, so chill.

Knicks have sucked for almost half a century. The more things change, the more they stay the same eh?

KevinRo

Knicks would be stupid to match. It would be dumber than when they failed to make an attempt at securing Lin earlier. Pretty dumb to let him go for nothing.

That J.R. quote is interesting though considering many of the people that made money off of Lin; Landry, Jeffries, Novak, and the Knicks etc are not there anymore.

DCX

DCX
It's 29 mil to eat a dick, but they're eating that dick regardless of price. But if they pay 29 mil they may get some money back from the asian community.

Understandable, but it's a lose, lose situation. LeBron chosing to go to Miami has caused ripples in our " plan " since that fateful day. Everything we have done has been in reaction rather than action except this move with Lin.

This is a line in the sand. Fucked if we do it, and fucked if we don't.

DCX

masud

Banned

Understandable mistake but we actually have a pick next year. Only because we aren't legally allowed to trade it. But best believe who ever we use it on will be traded, along with 8 2nd rounders for that one piece we need to beat Miami.

DY_nasty

kemba spent all offseason dribbling in the mirror and working on igotfouled scream

DCX

DCX
Knicks would be stupid to match. It would be dumber than when they failed to make an attempt at securing Lin earlier. Pretty dumb to let him go for nothing.

That J.R. quote is interesting though considering many of the people that made money off of Lin; Landry, Jeffries, Novak, and the Knicks etc are not there anymore.

he resigned.

DCX

SamuraiX-

i was ready to hate the guy. looks aite

I don't see how anyone can hate the guy.

Solid, fundamental play. Immediately knows his role. Plays to his strengths.

He'll have a solid 10 years in the NBA as a 6th or 7th man off the bench. Maybe even starting SF quality if he can improve on his ball handling and shot creation a bit.

DY_nasty

I don't see how anyone can hate the guy.

Solid, fundamental play. Immediately knows his role. Plays to his strengths.

He'll have a solid 10 years in the NBA as a 6th or 7th man off the bench. Maybe even starting SF quality if he can improve on his ball handling and shot creation a bit.

people have been comparing him to a shorter dudley

i'm okay with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom