• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Nori Chan

Wait a second.

If the bobcats sign Tmac, and of his first round curse is still happening.

Would that mean Bobcats won't get the first pick?

Always the bridesmaid, dy, never the bride.

How many consecutive seasons can you "tank so hard" without making fan indifference a permanent thing?
at least the fans of some of the other loser franchises have some memories to fall back on. We had the most exciting scorer in the game for a stretch. What does anyone associate with the Bobcats other than an owner who runs the franchise like a kid on a patio with a magnifying glass.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
How many consecutive seasons can you "tank so hard" without making fan indifference a permanent thing?

The casual fan doesn't pay close enough attention to be thrown off for ever. In Charlotte, people will just turn their attention to UNC, the Panthers, whatever, and when the Bobcats are putting a decent product out there, they will show up again.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
at least the fans of some of the other loser franchises have some memories to fall back on. What does anyone associate with the Bobcats other than an owner who runs the franchise like a kid on a patio with a magnifying glass.
My reasons for being a Bobcats fan go no further than having a great time at pretty good arena for ridiculously cheap ticket prices.

But

There's a difference between generally sucking and tanking with a purpose. Portland tanked with a purpose last year. Miami tanked with a purpose to get Beasley. Seattle tanked hard as fuck. It goes beyond simply being bad - it means that you pawn off any player you can for a draft pick and throwing every other player with a contract away for whatever you can get.

Boston tanked for Oden too. No one remembers it though because when you suck, no one gives a fuck. Even though they didn't get a top pick that year despite a clear tankjob, they tanked hard enough, long enough to build up enough assets to actually make things happen. That is one of the few "good" ways to put together a team outside of drafting a GOAT.

I'm consistently elated that my team has opted for a complete blowup instead of dragging out the inevitable 1st round cannon fodder purgatory that envelopes teams for decades at a time.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
No one remembers it though because when you suck, no one gives a fuck.

It really boils down to this. The casual fans aren't paying attention. Give the people something that isn't a total catastrophe, and the arena starts to fill up again. Ask Glen Taylor.

giri

I'm consistently elated that my team has opted for a complete blowup instead of dragging out the inevitable 1st round cannon fodder purgatory that envelopes teams for decades at a time.

I have a bad feeling this is exactly where the suns are at right now :| We're probably JUST good enough to be a 7th - 10th seed for 2 or 3 years.

Which is hopefully enough time for sarver to sell the team and someone who wants to win to take over.

DY_nasty

I have a bad feeling this is exactly where the suns are at right now :| We're probably JUST good enough to be a 7th - 10th seed for 2 or 3 years.

Which is hopefully enough time for sarver to sell the team and someone who wants to win to take over.

At least you're not a Pacers fan.

chizmiz

Banned
At least you're not a Pacers fan.

I know I'm glad I'm not.

Anyway, here's Melo riding Felton

CARMELO-ELEPHANT.jpg

DY_nasty

Game of the year. Been telling everyone in IRC, nobody gave a shit, LS was too busy not playing his Vita, and DY was playing Persona 4 Arena - stylin on hoes

I may get it. After its 30 bucks or something.

chizmiz

Banned
Not sure if I would give it GotY over Xenoblade...But it's damn good so far. The atmosphere of fear it creates is amazing.

Yeah, there's the atmosphere, and I mean, it says something. The game has a purpose, telling you the story of a man going down the hellish drain of war. None of that hero bullshit. Believe me when I say IT ONLY GETS BETTER WITH EACH PASSING CHAPTER. I loved the different endings too, altho I have a favorite.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Only game that has me truly excited is boarderlands 2

Nelo Ice

Banned
Only game that has me truly excited is boarderlands 2

Yep can't wait to play that. Still find it nuts I got the game and season pass for like $44 before launch lol. Also picked up Spec Ops for $10(sold the 2 bioshocks) from the Amazon sale. On like chapter 7 or so.

DY_nasty

I played like 15 hours of Borderlands, but never finished it. Should I?
Once you know what quests to do and not to do in order to advance things at a rate to keep the game competitive, then its great.

I'm replaying BL1 on 360 right now. Lvl 30 Siren. Probably my 5th or 6th run... still a blast.

I need bros though.

Resident Evil 6 and Hitman Absolution are my only surefire buys in the Fall. Might do Far Cry 3 or one of Tekken Tag of DOA5 depending on how they pan out.

Oh yeah and I'll probably be a dope and waste money on Broken Ass 2K13 if they add some more gimmicks to My Player

Wow
Awesome

But really it is best MP

Yeah I figured as much, shame I can't convince anyone else to get it

giri

my BL1 file got corrupted....so that was the end of that. I was pretty deep into it too.

Probably just another of the many games bugs. I got 3 game/save ending bugs inside 10minutes of each characters life, the first 3 characters i started. I never started again.

It's why i won't be dropping a dime on it till the steam sales. The PC release last time was one of the biggest/buggiest pieces of shit I've ever seen.

And yes, they wrote, apparently, a lovely letter to the PC community saying how they've reformed and the game will be great out of the box.

I'll believe it when i pay half price for it.

my BL1 file got corrupted....so that was the end of that. I was pretty deep into it too.

There's tools that can fix this.

Borderlands was great, Lvl 69 Hunter that set everything on fire or shot it in the face.

Spec Ops was a fantastic single player game. Syphon, I had the same thoughts you did going in, and it takes those thoughts and force feeds them to you. Slowly. Painfully.

Buy List:
Resident Evil 6 (x2)
BLOPS II
Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed 3
Halo 4
Torchlight II

Maybe: 007 Legends, Hitman, Epic Mickey

T Dollarz

Ass Creed II
Borderlands 2
Hitman Absolution
Far Cry 3
Halo 4

Isn't Bioshock Infinite this fall? What about new Transformers?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
FIFA 13
Tokyo Jungle
Jet Set Radio
Ragnarok Odyssey
Persona 4 Golden

my 100% for sure buys for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom