• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

dvdjamm

21396.jpg

Sharp

It's really not worth trolling the Knicks in the offseason, honestly. They always do it so much more brilliantly to themselves. The entirety of last season provides a pretty great example.

Fall gaming began with Madden 13.

Madden 13
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass
Resident Evil 6
NBA 2k13
Halo 4
Black Ops 2 + Elite

Gamefly: Dishonored, Ass Creed 3

Trade Ins: BATTLEFIELD 3. Not interested in armored kill whatsoever, hate vehicular combat in BF. Game is shit compared to Bad Company 2.

SHOWS: THE WALKING DEAD

Probably the most gaming I'll ever do since I was like 12 playing a bunch of Square Enix games on the PS1 or when Halo 2 dropped on xbox. The 2 week span of Halo 4 drops followed by Blops 2 is going to be dangerous for my health.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No draft in madden is the biggest failure in years

No draft in madden is the biggest failure in years

I'm pissed they took it out. WTF was the reason? I'm guessing they didn't feel like dealing with draft logic....but now I am stuck with rebuilding the shitty Dolphins as they are and not being able to fulfill my fantasy of Andrew Luck on the Dolphins

Blackace

The fact that the game actually functions similarly to real life football for the first time maybe ever kinda helps me forgive them tho

It's a function they have in there for 10 years plus there is no reason for item to be gone
I'm pissed they took it out. WTF was the reason? I'm guessing they didn't feel like dealing with draft logic....but now I am stuck with rebuilding the shitty Dolphins as they are and not being able to fulfill my fantasy of Andrew Luck on the Dolphins

I simmed my first season

It's a function they have in there for 10 years plus there is no reason for item to be gone

I simmed my first season

Did you at least scout guys? I kind of want to do that and rebuild the team

I tried trading everything for Luck and they won't trade him at all :( they take away fantasy draft and then have trade logic make sense...what

Vyer

There's no....draft!?!

As a franchise/single player guy only, I'm starting to doubt whether Madden is for me this year.

There's no....draft!?!

As a franchise/single player guy only, I'm starting to doubt whether Madden is for me this year.

They made the online franchise godlike so that's good. I just don't know why they had to mess up the single player experience...I do not understand the reason for taking it out

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I read an older article from Time that talked about the Pacers shitty attendance and why that was so, since they had a winning record. I only bring it up because it shat on Danny Granger for being a no nonsense player and blamed his lack of charisma for not drawing fans to games. I keep hearing this argument in regards to ballers that go about their business without techs, clown antics and foolishness.
lets complain about showboating and swag and a lack of class, then bitch about the Spurs, Pacers, and Grizzlies of the league. You cant win with these people, they want to have it both ways.
Pacers attendance issues don't have anything to do with Granger. It does have to do with the absolutely disgusting and uninteresting brand of basketball. Even to casual fans, that team is just plan unpleasant to watch.

Blackace

Did you at least scout guys? I kind of want to do that and rebuild the team

I tried trading everything for Luck and they won't trade him at all :( they take away fantasy draft and then have trade logic make sense...what

You scout draftees as your season goes along.. But you can't import NCAA players into it nor edit real players..

There's no....draft!?!

100% with you.. However, it is the best playing Madden in years, so doing a franchise is still fun so far..

Truphenom

Fall gaming began with Madden 13.

Madden 13
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass
Resident Evil 6
NBA 2k13
Halo 4
Black Ops 2 + Elite

Gamefly: Dishonored, Ass Creed 3

Trade Ins: BATTLEFIELD 3. Not interested in armored kill whatsoever, hate vehicular combat in BF. Game is shit compared to Bad Company 2.

SHOWS: THE WALKING DEAD

Probably the most gaming I'll ever do since I was like 12 playing a bunch of Square Enix games on the PS1 or when Halo 2 dropped on xbox. The 2 week span of Halo 4 drops followed by Blops 2 is going to be dangerous for my health.

Minus Blops and RE6 all this is true for me plus i'm looking forward to wwe13. Madden is my first football game since the dreamcast, been a lot of fun so far even though idk what i'm doing.

Nori Chan

hey guys i think youre trolling sucks but deep down inside it rages me so hard but i keep a straight face to show that i am untrollable

yes that is now a new word: untrollable

WJD

First time posting in here, longish time lurker - I've had an on-and-off interest with basketball for a fair few years but only over the past season or so have I developed a more substantial interest and I think I've finally settled on a team too.

My main question is, which of the league pass packages represents the best value for someone who is going into their first full season as a fan and may not be able to watch a fair few games (especially west coast) due to time zones?

http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe

Also, are there any team-specific packages available like in NFL? Thanks.

First time posting in here, longish time lurker - I've had an on-and-off interest with basketball for a fair few years but only over the past season or so have I developed a more substantial interest and I think I've finally settled on a team too.

My main question is, which of the league pass packages represents the best value for someone who is going into their first full season as a fan and may not be able to watch a fair few games (especially west coast) due to time zones?

I'm from the UK so international league pass is me, thankfully all the games are catalogued all season round so don't worry about west coast times.

I had the playoff package last season which also included the last couple weeks of reg season, I thought it was good value for money and watched a tone of games.

SUPREME1

Banned

If you're not doing Lakers, you're doing it wrong. That said, I once signed up for League Pass Online... which I was the last time. Just wasn't worth it for me. Most of the games I wanted to watch online were during work hours... or were blacked out iirc.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They offer (at least in the States) a broadband package where you pick a couple teams (5, I think) and just get those game. So if you just want to follow your team and a few others, you could do that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They offer (at least in the States) a broadband package where you pick a couple teams (5, I think) and just get those game. So if you just want to follow your team and a few others, you could do that.
This is what I did last year and it worked great.

They I'd knowing what teams are going to be blacked out.

diehard

Fleer
I'm from the UK so international league pass is me, thankfully all the games are catalogued all season round so don't worry about west coast times.

I had the playoff package last season which also included the last couple weeks of reg season, I thought it was good value for money and watched a tone of games.

did you pick a team yet?

WJD

Cheers, it's very tempting but it's also a pretty big chunk of money. I guess I've got another month or so to think it over.

If you're not doing Lakers, you're doing it wrong.

:)

charsace

oh god she looks awful now

She looks pretty damn good for her age and a woman that has had more than one kid.

The games I'm looking forward to are:

Halo 4
Assassin's Creed 3 (Didn't play any of the other games after 2)
Project Zomboid (if its done)
Jet Set Radio
Starbound
FTL

And there are a few others, but I don't know if they are coming out this year.

She looks pretty damn good for her age and a woman that has had more than one kid.

The games I'm looking forward to are:

Halo 4
Assassin's Creed 3 (Didn't play any of the other games after 2)
Project Zomboid (if its done)
Jet Set Radio
Starbound
FTL

And there are a few others, but I don't know if they are coming out this year.

Brotherhood was pretty good. Maybe give it a rent if you're not afraid of series fatigue.

Top Bottom