• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

I don't care about the added bells and whistles. Adding Bieber doesn't take away anything substantial, unless the game ships buggy with broken netcode.

If it does ship broken like many expect, then these twitter updates, authentic Beiber mo-cap, clown suits, pregame handstands are going to look like a misappropriation of resources.

Hell, dream team vs '12 olympic team shouldn't have taken much actual work.

Until I see seamless online play and the 2k boards don't explode with bug complaints the first couple weeks of release, I won't hand over any money.

SamuraiX-

I played MyPlayer to death in 2K11 and ran into 3 different file corrupting bugs. 1 of which happened after the patch to "fix" the first two problems.

That's sucks I've been lucky, I love the shit out of myplayer I've had maxed 99 players every year.

I want solid new features and better team mate AI.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I would like the players I draft to actually progress finally.

But whatever.

DY_nasty

Was it 2K10 where training players actually lowered their attributes? That was hilarious.

yeah, kobe edition i think

you could train someone and their ballhandling would drop to 55 or something. or you could try it with your bigs and have shaqs 3 shooting at 99

my issue is that tendencies don't evolve and all rookies develop on the same exact track regardless of their attributes. its dumb.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
My Player sucks

I got drafted to OKC as a backup PF

Then I get the start after KD got hurt

Then I came off the bench as a 6th man and averaged more minutes than all the starters.

I asked for a trade and the fans turn on me but I lead he team to the NBA Finals where we got swept by the Heat.

Apparently OKC cut me in the offseason to sign Melo so I ended up in San Antonio.

New season and I'm still the 6th man that averages 40 minutes a game with 124.ppg 11rpg and 1 assist.

The team runs all the plays through Duncan which I have no problem with. It's that I get benched after scoring that pisses me off.

Jordan sent me a letter to say he's noticing my hard work and I would have my own shoe soon.

not life like at all.

How the hell do you ask to renegotiate a contract?

That's sucks I've been lucky, I love the shit out of myplayer I've had maxed 99 players every year.

I want solid new features and better team mate AI.

MyPlayer was a big reason I ignored the complaints and got 2K11.

Got drafted by Detroit, became a starter and points leader on the team then the league and they refused to pass me the ball because I was spittin' hot fire in the post game interviews. I demanded a trade, got traded but a clone version of my player stayed on The Pistons and skewed my stats like crazy with his 5 ppg having ass.

I started over and got to the playoffs, first round before tipoff the game would freeze without fail, never could play the file again.

I started over once the MyPlayer patch was released, got to a decent level again, tried to save mid game so I could go to class. File never loaded again.

2k12 boycott began that day.

You have to wait till the end of your rookie contract then you can negotiate with a number of teams.

I always sim my first two years then get to work in the third.

I usually get myself too deep with 12 minute quarters and rarely make it beyond my second year before I get bored dominating and try a different position.

MyPlayer was a big reason I ignored the complaints and got 2K11.

Got drafted by Detroit, became a starter and points leader on the team then the league and they refused to pass me the ball because I was spittin' hot fire in the post game interviews. I demanded a trade, got traded but a clone version of my player stayed on The Pistons and skewed my stats like crazy with his 5 ppg having ass.

I started over and got to the playoffs, first round before tipoff the game would freeze without fail, never could play the file again.

I started over once the MyPlayer patch was released, got to a decent level again, tried to save mid game so I could go to class. File never loaded again.

2k12 boycott began that day.

Bloody hell thats some bad luck I really don't blame you.

I just hope they don't remove any more features.

jobber

You have to wait till the end of your rookie contract then you can negotiate with a number of teams.

I always sim my first two years then get to work in the third.

Really? After my first season, I had the option to pick which team I wanted to go to or stay in OKC.

charsace

I need a college hoop game from them. Their college game was usually the more sim game because all the, "we want wild dunks," people bought the NBA game. I've gone through the last College Hoop game's franchise quiet a few times. I miss taking over a in a power conference and building them up into a power team. I miss taking a 2 star player with high potential and turning him into an AA and a top 5 pick.

for online play it actually would be

everytime we play online we have to stop and set plays. EVERY TIME. Can get annoying as fuck when that's all you do is play in franchise/online against others. And it's something that could literally be fixed with a few lines of code.
This was something they had in NBA 2k9. You could save a playbook to your profile. I don't know why they took it out.

jobber

Wow I got stuck with a 3 yr did you go second round?

I may try and tank down the draft, foul out the rookie game and tell the GM's to go to hell.

I don't even know what my contract was. It never told me. Never bothered to look at the nba.com crap to see. I was picked in the top 25 tho.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If there's an awards at the end of the year Zeus Molecules gets least valuable rookie

Why do you need to save a playcall when your game is revolved around isomotion near the free throw line

Hate and trolling, powerful agents against the uninitiated. But I am initiated, so /yawn?

...I've watched the tdkr way to many times now lol

Zeus Molecules

So far in 30 posts all you've contributed is /yawn

Good to see you're just another whiny bitch.

So I'm a bitch now? Heh you can't figure out a funny response to /yawn so you fall back on name calling like a emotional child. Grow up I'm not taking this thread too seriously until training camp and neither should you.

His last album was actually pretty decent.

1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

giri

So I'm a bitch now? Heh you can't figure out a funny response to /yawn so you fall back on name calling like a emotional child. Grow up I'm not taking this thread too seriously until training camp and neither should you.

No, just calling you out on your incredibly self righteous behavior like the people in here have to entertain you, or like we should give a shit.

But you keep going hard junior, i'm sure someone will care about your opinion sooner or later.

DY_nasty

No, just calling you out on your incredibly self righteous behavior like the people in here have to entertain you, or like we should give a shit.

But you keep going hard junior, i'm sure someone will care about your opinion sooner or later.
f u and ur kpop

also, the tyrus illness is legit. i feel bad now.

Zeus Molecules

First this isn't hard at all maybe this would be hard for you idk.

Secondly I don't care what you think its a month until training camp... two pages ago this thread would of been mistaken as a herpes OT.

The guys who are starting at center right now in the NBA are generally pretty good players at this point. Dwight, LMA, KG, Gasol, Duncan, Bosh, Chandler, Bogut, Bynum, Pekovic, Noah, Davis, Hibbert, Jefferson, Gorat, and a lot of other good players. I have to say that other than Bosh, most of those guys actually fit center roles pretty well with strong defense and or post scoring...

T Dollarz

The guys who are starting at center right now in the NBA are generally pretty good players at this point. Dwight, LMA, KG, Gasol, Duncan, Bosh, Chandler, Bogut, Bynum, Pekovic, Noah, Davis, Hibbert, Jefferson, Gorat, and a lot of other good players. I have to say that other than Bosh, most of those guys actually fit center roles pretty well with strong defense and or post scoring...

C'mon son. Dwight, Chandler, Bynum, Hibbert and Jefferson are the only true centers there.

I wouldn't list Gortat, but maybe that's because I have an irrational dislike of him and I have my doubts that Davis can handle his own at the 5 his rookie year.

Point taken though, the amount of quality Cs was higher than I recalled. Cousins could make the leap this year as well. He could have his regular season struggles and I think Miami will be alright.

Bynum - May eat Bosh's soul, probably still not enough to beat Miami
Hibbert - May give him troubles if they actually use Hibbert/West's size advantage. Something that escaped them last playoffs
Noah - Bulls probably won't be very formidable this year
Chandler - Is on the Knicks

C'mon son. Dwight, Chandler, Bynum, Hibbert and Jefferson are the only true centers there.

Bogut, Marc Gasol and Pek are true centers.

LMA, Jefferson and KG are more than decent at the 5 and have played decent minutes there last season.

Noah can play the 5 if Bosh is his opponent, Davis is the only one I would be hesitant of.

Top Bottom