• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

I don't care about the added bells and whistles. Adding Bieber doesn't take away anything substantial, unless the game ships buggy with broken netcode.

If it does ship broken like many expect, then these twitter updates, authentic Beiber mo-cap, clown suits, pregame handstands are going to look like a misappropriation of resources.

Except that you pretty much know what's going to happen already :(

Why should we believe in them after 3-4 years of the same shit...and if they did improve it I think they would be talking about that nonstop

watching a trailblazers/lakers game from last season....was Raymond Felton well liked when he was in New York?
cause man, this guy has the style of play that is fucking baffling to watch. that wild, risky stupid basketball that has you shaking your head even when dude doesnt fail.

C'mon son. Dwight, Chandler, Bynum, Hibbert and Jefferson are the only true centers there.

Centers' defense is a lot more important than their offense and guys like Duncan and Davis play like centers on defense so I don't really get the "he's not a center" thing that gets applied to everyone who is not a hulking monster. I know the 90s was all about post scorers and giant guys at centers, but a lot of the centers of every other era were thin and quick guys who mostly about defense.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
watching a trailblazers/lakers game from last season....was Raymond Felton well liked when he was in New York?
cause man, this guy has the style of play that is fucking baffling to watch. that wild, risky stupid basketball that has you shaking your head even when dude doesnt fail.

He was liked because Amare was playing out of his mind and Felton could get him the ball. But ever since D'Antoni unraveled all the shit that Larry Brown hid away and left it in a puddle on the floor, Failton has been dead.

chizmiz

Banned
Amare was playing out of his mind

The truth comes out 18 months after, I guess. No non-Knicks fan would have said that at the time, out of trolling instincts.

Felton was great for the Knicks. Very clutch, & a better offensive option than Gallo and Chandler.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The truth comes out 18 months after, I guess. No non-Knicks fan would have said that at the time, out of trolling instincts.

Felton was great for the Knicks. Very clutch, & a better offensive option than Gallo and Chandler.

lol this entire post is full of fallacies

DY_nasty

Don't even start.

Felton was not clutch. Ever. And Amare playing on a MVP(of the East) for half a season was still not more impressive than his time on the Suns.

Felton was never - at any time - a better option than Gallo either.

chizmiz

Banned
Don't even start.

Felton was not clutch. Ever. And Amare playing on a MVP(of the East) for half a season was still not more impressive than his time on the Suns.

Felton was never - at any time - a better option than Gallo either.

Everyone laughed at Knicks fans when we would say that Amare was an MVP candidate.

And yes he was a better option. Gallo will give you 15 points in a half and zero the next.

WTF are you talking about. Outside of a few good games, he would take tons of horrible shots. And part of his problem was that he wouldn't run the damn offence, and would take it upon himself to take some fucked up shot.

DY_nasty

Everyone laughed at Knicks fans when we would say that Amare was an MVP candidate.

And yes he was a better option. Gallo will give you 15 points in a half and zero the next.

And Felton was still arguably the dumbest 17/7 point guard of the decade. Definitely top 5. You didn't know if you were getting an alley oop or a pass into the 3rd row with him. He was allowed to be erratic. That's pretty much it - and I told everyone that Felton had the potential to be an 17/7 type of player IF his coach was okay with him proving that he was one of the most retarded point guards in the league.

Gallo wouldn't absolutely kill his own team or leave them all stunned with fuckery every other game.

chizmiz

Banned
WTF are you talking about. Outside of a few good games, he would take tons of horrible shots. And part of his problem was that he wouldn't run the damn offence, and would take it upon himself to take some fucked up shot.

Seems like you only watched late february. December & january, he was not like that at all. WTF all you want

chizmiz

Banned
Gallo wouldn't absolutely kill his own team or leave them all stunned with fuckery every other game.

Oh man, you don't know... Gallo could pull a better disappearing act than a Bobcats rookie after the draft. So fucking annoying to have him stand around for 3 games, clank 4 long range bricks, then get so fucking hot for a while and everyone would forgive him b/c we're scarred by Starks.

Ray had balls. The team needed that kind of attitude.

Blackace

Gallo was splitting time with Wilson Chandler during an important time of development for him..

At the time, noone laughed at STAT's dominance

DY_nasty

A disappearing act is a lot better than actively fucking your own team.
Oh c'mon. There are logs, but it's not worth the effort b/c you all fully know that Knicks get clowned daily. Everyone said he would give up 50 on defense when he scored 30+ for a while.

And the Knicks defense WAS trash - even while they were playing the easiest opening schedule in the league and barely staying above .500.

Blackace

Oh c'mon. There are logs, but it's not worth the effort b/c you all fully know that Knicks get clowned daily. Everyone said he would give up 50 on defense when he scored 30+ for a while.

His D wasn't any better at that time..

There are logs, and have not seen them ALL but I do remember people giving him his props until he just stopped being good..

"NY Amare was almost as good as Suns Amare for half a season a year and a half ago."

Amare-Braids.jpg

Yeah. That's the kind of stuff that was written. No MVP talk.

Amar'e only got MVP talk because the media is extremely stupid and massively overrates players that are on TV frequently and players that don't play defense. Zach Randolph and LaMarcus Aldridge had better seasons by every measure and they weren't even in consideration for the award.

giri

Not true. I know many of us had Amare as an early season MVP Candidate, up until the all star break.

His last half of that year was abysmal when he started getting knee pains because he had to carry so much of the load and big minutes, how ever.

Seems like you only watched late february. December & january, he was not like that at all. WTF all you want

I watched all season.

From the start where he was a tub of out of shape lard till he was traded for marshmello.

Your not the first to look at his time with the knicks through rose colored glasses. I remember the horrible bounce passes that missed everyone. I remember him taking asshole 3's rather then setting up the offence like a pg should.

giri

Oh man, you don't know... Gallo could pull a better disappearing act than a Bobcats rookie after the draft. So fucking annoying to have him stand around for 3 games, clank 4 long range bricks, then get so fucking hot for a while and everyone would forgive him b/c we're scarred by Starks.

Ray had balls. The team needed that kind of attitude.

Also... a fair criticism of Gallo.

He doesn't seem to demand the ball / attention on defense enough. I love his game. Great player to have on any team. But i'm not sure he's even 1B good at the moment.

DY_nasty

I watched all season.

From the start where he was a tub of out of shape lard till he was traded for marshmello.

Your not the first to look at his time with the knicks through rose colored glasses. I remember the horrible bounce passes that missed everyone. I remember him taking asshole 3's rather then setting up the offence like a pg should.

he made chauncey's asshole 3s look conservative

Blackace

just from the pics and all...

but despite the outside looking like shit the inside has an epicness to it

probably cheaper than MGS tickets too, right? I wish the Raps could get a team that encroached on their turf and forced management to think about what it would mean in the long term to take a "fuck the fans theyll take what we give 'em" Toronto Maple Leaf approach.

I wonder why it took so long for someone to bite the simple black color scheme. I wonder if Al Davis would have sued them if his crazy ass were still alive.

Top Bottom