• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

The Knicks have signed free agent guard Oscar Bellfield, center Henry Sims and forwards John Shurna and Mychel Thompson.

Bellfield, 6-2, 190-pounds, played four seasons at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, finishing his collegiate career as the Mountain West Conference’s all-time assists leader with 582. As a senior, he averaged 9.8 points, 5.4 assists and 2.3 rebounds over 32.0 minutes in 35 games.

Sims, 6-10, 245-pounds, played four seasons at Georgetown University, averaging 11.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.36 blocks over 27.5 minutes in 33 games as a senior.

Shurna, 6-9, 220-pounds, played four seasons at Northwestern University, setting the school’s all-time scoring mark with 2,038 points. He led the Big 10 in scoring as a senior with 20.0 points on 44-percent shooting from downtown, 5.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.67 blocks over 37.3 minutes in 33 games.

Thompson, 6-6, 211-pounds, appeared in five games (three starts) for the Cleveland Cavaliers last season, averaging 3.6 points, 1.4 assists and 1.0 rebounds over 19.0 minutes. He began the season playing for the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League following a four-year playing career at Pepperdine University. He was a member of the Knicks Summer League entry in Las Vegas this summer, averaging 5.6 points and 3.4 rebounds over 20.0 minutes in five games.
Sims and Shurna are intriguing prospects, Sims they MIGHT have a small shot at the 15th roster spot. But all will probably goto the NBDL.

giri

So according to multiple sources.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

He does have a point, if Harden hits free agency then someone is going to poison pill a max contract offer for him.

I don't see how they can do that at all.

My understanding is max/max is the most you can pay every year. say that's 100mil over the 4 years. that basically means you pay him 23m/24m/25m/26m because that's the max you can pay each year.

you can't just go 1m/1m/1m/97m

AFAIK anyway, you can't structure max contracts like that at all.

My understanding is max/max is the most you can pay every year. say that's 100mil over the 4 years. that basically means you pay him 23m/24m/25m/26m because that's the max you can pay each year.

I'm pretty sure you can't, although it would be very interesting to pay one player 97 million dollars for one season

DAT luxury tax

Nelo Ice

Banned

Hmm didn't think about that lol. If that's the case he'll get a max or a poison pill offer slightly less than the max? If that contract isn't possible either then I'm sure poison pill offers will come into play if OKC lets him get to FA though even the max alone is going to hurt with all those luxury tax penalties.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Looks nice thus far, any idea at this point what the gameplay will be like?

Hope funding picks up, have you guys considered kickstarter? If you made a thread I know some gaffers would probably help out myself included.

No, but I think we all agree that I should be immortalized in Raging's game somehow.

Thanks man, cant spill the beans on combat yet, but it should be pretty fun when done.

We have a shitload of meetings planned, being in the bay area helps with that stuff, so not planning on KS just yet

giri

Hmm didn't think about that lol. If that's the case he'll get a max or a poison pill offer slightly less than the max? If that contract isn't possible either then I'm sure poison pill offers will come into play if OKC lets him get to FA though even the max alone is going to hurt with all those luxury tax penalties.

you can't "psoison pill" a max contract in anyway. because no matter what, the most you can offer that year is the "max". so the only way to do something similar to the lin contract is if harden wanted to take less money for 3 years, then go straight up to the max. But that's silly, he can get max all the way through.

Harden is getting a max contract from someone. It doesn't really matter from who, and OKC will instantly match it. I don't know why they're bothering to posture about it at all. Because as soon as he signs that offer sheet, OKC are stuck.

The only reason Harden wouldn't be on a max contract is if he thought taking less would let them get better role players and give them a better chance at winning. But seeing the stupid money they gave ibaka probably ejected that thought out the door.

benjipwns

Banned
I might be wrong, but there's no such thing as a poison pill contract for a player like Harden.

The thing Houston gave to Lin and Asik was that way because they were second year players. Harden isn't.

The other "poison pill" part kicks in when you trade a player before his rookie contract ends but after he signed an extension, which Harden obviously hasn't.

Nobody will be able to offer Harden more money than OKC unless I'm missing something.
Ok, what does this mean?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Alborz Mountain is a veritable cornucopia for campers like yourself
are there buildings where only a parachute has access to it?
if there are....
faints.gif

Do you have multiple sources?
no, just dudes on twitter.

I watched that double OT track meet between OKC and the Wolves from earlier this year. awesome game. The Wolves seem like they need a really good 3 and they could be serious business in the West and not just a first round playoff team.(they'll be that this year) Rubio is sick, JJ Barea is good, K-Love is the fuckin man, their good at the 5 position and the bench is solid.

Nori Chan

i just like areas where its impossible access besides parachuting there.

get to climbing motherfucker

plus who ever has the AC 130 can paratroop where it ever it is on the map. so basically if you can parachute to it so can other people

fuck man if i was on PC i'd take your tags so quickly |:

get to climbing motherfucker

plus who ever has the AC 130 can paratroop where it ever it is on the map. so basically if you can parachute to it so can other people

fuck man if i was on PC i'd take your tags so quickly |:

what's stopping you.
get off the that sissy console shit.

Death Valley has a huge tower and Alborz has a ton of high mountains next to the radar station.

you're getting me all wet bruh

Nelo Ice

Banned
All the cool kids are on PC. Can't wait for Borderlands 2 next week. Apparently GMG is already sending out keys for people who have ordered today so hopefully keys for earlier orders should be coming through anytime now.

I got accused of having wallhacks, got called a 'faggot' and was told I was a 'nigger'. Who needs Xbox Live when Counter Strike is a light to the bigot moths?

I joined a room mid- white privilege discussion and then someone changed their name to "privilege checking jew" to belittle the guy droppping truth bombs on the teens shooting racist, sexist and homophobic slurs at everyone.

....so who is up for some counter strike this weekend?

Nori Chan

I got accused of having wallhacks, got called a 'faggot' and was told I was a 'nigger'. Who needs Xbox Live when Counter Strike is a light to the bigot moths?

I joined a room mid- white privilege discussion and then someone changed their name to "privilege checking jew" to belittle the guy droppping truth bombs on the teens shooting racist, sexist and homophobic slurs at everyone.

....so who is up for some counter strike this weekend?

achievements on the 360 version of CS is buuuuulllsshiiiit. Kill 10000 enemies, and play 5000 rounds of Demo and Gun game

fuck you valve

Nelo Ice

Banned
And superior control scheme and better online functionality...

And infinite maps, mods etc. Not to mention if you want comfy couch there's comfy couch mode and you can plug in a 360 controller. Also I'd probably be up for some CS especially since I'm getting used to my buy binds.

SUPREME1

Banned
Tough as a hockey player?

Lmao. Didn't he miss games because of bruised thumb or pinky a few seasons back? What about that elbow "injury" you tried to milk Bron.

giri

is BF3 worth it? i got a free copy with my GTX670 but have not bothered to install it.

But i mean, if it really does just have douche bags camping i'm not sure i could be bothered with it......

is BF3 worth it? i got a free copy with my GTX670 but have not bothered to install it.

But i mean, if it really does just have douche bags camping i'm not sure i could be bothered with it......

snipers are very easy to spot.
just look for lens reflections and spot them on your team map for all your teammates to see.

Top Bottom