• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Eraser

Example Players:  Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Serge Ibaka

A player with this skill is known for protecting the rim with emphatic, crowd pleasing blocks.  When an Eraser swats a shot, he boosts the energy of his teammates and decreases the shooting attributes (up to six points) of the player he blocked for up to a minute and a half.

Oh god.

Triple U

Banned
Eraser

Example Players:  Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Serge Ibaka

A player with this skill is known for protecting the rim with emphatic, crowd pleasing blocks.  When an Eraser swats a shot, he boosts the energy of his teammates and decreases the shooting attributes (up to six points) of the player he blocked for up to a minute and a half.

Oh god.

WTF is this shit? COD2k?

DominoKid

Have they said anything about sig skills working in combos?
Microwave + Deadeye is that shit that nobody will like. I can see it now.

Microwave
Example Players: Louis Williams, Eric Gordon, Nick Young
A player with this skill can heat up in a hurry. It takes fewer made shots and good plays for a Microwave to get hot than players without this skill. Once hot, various offensive and defensive attributes are given a boost for a period of time.

Deadeye
Example Players: Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
Late arriving defenders have less impact on this type of shooter than most. When we determine the final outcome of a shot, part of the calculation comes from how well a shooter is defended at both the start and release of the shot. When a Deadeye shoots and the defender is more heavily guarding the Deadeye when he releases the shot than when he started it, we reduce the impact of the release up to 100% depending on how heavily guarded he is at the beginning (the more heavily guarded, the more we reduce). A couple more things to keep in mind:
In order to ensure that closing out on a Deadeye matters, there must be some sort of defense applied at the start of the shot.
The shooter must not be smothered by the defender at both the start and release of the shot or the skill will not trigger.

Have they said anything about sig skills working in combos?
Microwave + Deadeye is that shit that nobody will like. I can see it now.

Microwave
Example Players: Louis Williams, Eric Gordon, Nick Young
A player with this skill can heat up in a hurry. It takes fewer made shots and good plays for a Microwave to get hot than players without this skill. Once hot, various offensive and defensive attributes are given a boost for a period of time.

Deadeye
Late arriving defenders have less impact on this type of shooter than most. When we determine the final outcome of a shot, part of the calculation comes from how well a shooter is defended at both the start and release of the shot. When a Deadeye shoots and the defender is more heavily guarding the Deadeye when he releases the shot than when he started it, we reduce the impact of the release up to 100% depending on how heavily guarded he is at the beginning (the more heavily guarded, the more we reduce). A couple more things to keep in mind:
In order to ensure that closing out on a Deadeye matters, there must be some sort of defense applied at the start of the shot.
The shooter must not be smothered by the defender at both the start and release of the shot or the skill will not trigger.

Dude....

Shot Creator
Example players: Kobe Bryant, Kemba Walker, Dwyane Wade
A player with this skill can hit shots at a higher percentage than most if he creates space for his shot. For this skill to fire off there are a number of rules that must pass:
The shooter must break his defender down to create space, either with iso-moves, triple threat moves or drives into special shots (i.e. step backs, drifters, hop shots, spin jumpers, etc). The space he creates when he starts his shot must be more than the space he had when he started to break his defender down.
The Shot Creator must be closer to his matchup (within 7 feet) when he starts to break him down.
The shot must be taken within 2 seconds of the initial break down.
The shot must be taken in a half-court context (i.e. not in transition and not on a fast break) and must come from 33 feet to the basket or closer.
The shooter must not be smothered by the defender at both the break down and the release of the shot.
If the shooter passes all of these rules, then the shot penalty enforced by the defender on the release of the shot is reduced up to 100%.

Deadeye

Heat Retention
Example Players: Kobe Bryant, Deron Williams, Stephen Curry
Players with this skill retain their hot streaks through various game breaks, and they have the ability to maintain their hot streaks through bad plays longer than most players. Typically, when a timeout occurs or the end of a quarter hits, players that are hot will have automatic cool downs that bring them back to normal. Heat Retention players stay hot through these breaks and only bad plays such as missed shots and turnovers can bring this player back to normal. Even then, it takes twice as many missed shots and turnovers for a Heat Retention guy to return to normal.

Closer
Example Players: Derrick Rose, Jason Terry, Kobe Bryant
This player raises his game in clutch moments. For the last 40% of a fourth quarter and all overtimes, a Closer receives the following perks:
Attribute boosts of up to 12 attribute points
A widened “Excellent Release” free throw release window, thus making it easier to knock down clutch free throws
Energy boosts during timeouts so that he retains more energy through breaks during clutch moments
Shot chance percentage boost of up to 5% for “moving” shots, such as drifters and step back shots.

Mamba is gonna be on some Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl shit.

You can use upto 5 of these skills at a time, some may be locked for certain positions, brick wall for example.

If crew games or pick up games are back they are going to a totally unbalanced cluster fuck.

These are more like perks in COD.

You can use upto 5 of these skills at a time, some may be locked for certain positions, brick wall for example.

If crew games or pick up games are back they are going to a totally unbalanced cluster fuck.

5 per user? That's odd. These should be MyCareer only for obvious cheese reasons.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I can see you being able to turn off perks online.. I would hope

I can see you being able to turn off perks online.. I would hope

It just seems to me that top teir players are going to become untouchable.

They seem to be building the game around these individual skills, in an onlince association you build a cheese team from the bottom up. Have one superstar and all these other players with op skills.

Gonna be a heck of a demo.

Urgh... just had a though, rookie showcase game with you're newly created PF against Anthony Davis and his blocking, I'll be -6 off my shooting rather quickly.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You know how LS tries too hard to be funny? Compared to you he's Louie CK. Youtube link and all, yet all you can come up with is "x has an std".

lol why you dropping LS' name so much?

Looks like Matt Barnes is staying in LA.

The Los Angeles Clippers are closing in on a deal with free-agent forward Matt Barnes and could complete the deal by the end of the week, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

2k13s on some ridiculous shit. i want these perks to not be a shallow gimmick, but I know they will be. EA, get yo shit together and put out a decent basketball game. make these 2k dudes sweat a bit.

Emwitus

Looks like Matt Barnes is staying in LA.

The Los Angeles Clippers are closing in on a deal with free-agent forward Matt Barnes and could complete the deal by the end of the week, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Good for him. If you can't step up in the playoffs though, whats the point? Guy's a legitimate choker.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, Lebron left CAA and Leon Rose as his agent, which means that Wade, Bosh and Lebron aren't under the same umbrella anymore.

Lebron is now represented by his child hood friend -- one of the Rs in LRMR -- and his agent only gets paid on any new contract Lebron signs.

Lebron has an opt-out for 2014. Let the circus begin.

Ira Winderman said:
Remember, LeBron has opt out in 2014 offseason. A new agent (agency) would only start collecting on new contract.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/13/lebron-james-changing-agents/

So, Lebron left CAA and Leon Rose as his agent, which means that Wade, Bosh and Lebron aren't under the same umbrella anymore.

Lebron is now represented by his child hood friend -- one of the Rs in LRMR -- and his agent only gets paid on any new contract Lebron signs.

Lebron has an opt-out for 2014. Let the circus begin.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/13/lebron-james-changing-agents/

The only players on LAL's roster will be Nash and Dwight....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Brooklyn Nets have signed forward Andray Blatche.

Blatche played in 26 games for the Washington Wizards in 2011-12, making 13 starts. The 6-11 forward averaged 8.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in 24.1 minutes per game. As a starter, Blatche posted averages of 11.5 points and 7.4 rebounds in 31.0 minutes per game. Due to a calf injury, Blatche was forced to miss the last 40 games of the season.

Blatche was waived by the Wizards in July using their amnesty provision.

Josh Childress and the Brooklyn Nets have agreed upon a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, according to a source.

Childress was waived by the Suns in July using their amnesty provision.

NETS ARE BACK

DWill - CJ Watson
Joe Johnson - Marshon - Stackhouse LOL
Wallace - Teletovic - Bogans
Humphries - Blatche - Reggie Evans
Bropez

Does Brooklyn have someone in mind for back up C? Am I forgetting someone?

Bropez as your only viable C all year sounds like famous last words.

Top Bottom