• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DWill - CJ Watson
Joe Johnson - Marshon - Stackhouse LOL
Wallace - Teletovic - Bogans
Humphries - Blatche - Reggie Evans
Bropez

Does Brooklyn have someone in mind for back up C? Am I forgetting someone?

Bropez as your only viable C all year sounds like famous last words.

I think they still have Petro too.

lol

DY_nasty

I still have a lot of nostalgia for NBA Live on Super Nintendo and PlayStation. I'd love if it was good again.

That's understandable. Its like loving the Clinton era.

But now the only thing you can possibly get is Hillary. That's not what you want.

Emwitus

Nba-gaf, I needz your help. In a heated argument over the shot attempt rules. In the nba, is it legal to go after your own ball/rebound if you make a legitimate shot attempt but the ball misses rim and board? I heard the rules changed or something. If anyone can get me an official link to the rule, i'd appreciate that. Thanks budz.

charsace

DY_nasty

Live then / Live now

Clinton / Not Bill

Nba-gaf, I needz your help. In a heated argument over the shot attempt rules. In the nba, is it legal to go after your own ball/rebound if you make a legitimate shot attempt but the ball misses rim and board? I heard the rules changed or something. If anyone can get me an official link to the rule, i'd appreciate that. Thanks budz.

The rule change was referring specifically to the FIBA rules and how rebounders/defenders can take the ball directly off the rim.

Its absolutely legal though. Its the majority of offensive rebounding actually.

Their front court defense is gonna be bad. Depending on Blatche to help you make a good run during the regular season is a bad sign.

Front court was gonna be an issue with or without Blatche and I don't think they'll be "depending" on him very much.

Watson/Marshon/Tele/Blatche/Chair are an alright bench offensively. They should be able to keep two of some combo of Joe/Deron/Gerlad/Humphries/Bropez in the game at all times, they're not contending but they can beat most teams most nights.

So turns out that basketball game Im making is gonna run out of funding soon, so ill be out till we get more in, lol

Started posting some concept art though http://www.ragingspaniard.com/2012/09/ball-so-hard.html

Looks nice thus far, any idea at this point what the gameplay will be like?

Hope funding picks up, have you guys considered kickstarter? If you made a thread I know some gaffers would probably help out myself included.

Holy shit.

Is that Moris?

No, but I think we all agree that I should be immortalized in Raging's game somehow.

Smokey

So we are less than a month from 2k13....and I'd like to know if any of yall are interested in doing a league or no? I wouldn't expect a full league like past years, but I'm just curious. A lot of crap gets thrown around about 2k, some of it much deserved, but I can't tell who would be in or out. Or will I just be relegated to embarassing CB3 with Lin every time we play

So we are less than a month from 2k13....and I'd like to know if any of yall are interested in doing a league or no? I wouldn't expect a full league like past years, but I'm just curious. A lot of crap gets thrown around about 2k, some of it much deserved, but I can't tell who would be in or out. Or will I just be relegated to embarassing CB3 with Lin every time we play

i'm out this year

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So TMac is trying out for the knicks and spurs. I guess he can play for a few minutes every few games. I mean the spurs are interested too so something has to be left in the tank....

You can count me in, myself and a few others do leagues all year round.

Would be nice to be part of a full active league. Not from day one though I want a maxed myplayer first.

If the game isn't garbageani I might do it

but don't you guys play on Trey60

Smokey

i'm out this year

okk

You can count me in, myself and a few others do leagues all year round.

Would be nice to be part of a full active league. Not from day one though I want a maxed myplayer first.

noted

If the game isn't garbageani I might do it

but don't you guys play on Trey60

yeah. i know the pc ver is far superior but isn't the game a mess online?
maybe it would be better to revist this after the game is out and can see if stuff is working first (lol)

charsace

ibvowNqB9awu7Q.gif

I'm waiting for xbox 3. You can have your hollow victories for now.

okk

noted

maybe it would be better to revist this after the game is out and can see if stuff is working first (lol)

I don't have Live Gold anymore so I can't play if you guys are on 360

Omega

Banned

the game is a mess on every platform.

anyway, I'd join.

okk

noted

that's the understatement of the century.
2k on pc is a joke.
the only way you can play online is when you put the game in the absolute lowest setting.
and even if you do find a match, 98% of the time, the connection will crash.

exarkun

Bro, I'll jump in only as long as I get a chance to tap dat ass. Yours and viak (cause he sucks at most games).

Will Yao be a cheat code again like last year?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone have that new counter strike for PC?

Its basically the game I have time to play these days.

I have it, though I've been hooked on Gotham City Imposters while I wait for Borderlands 2. Also just saw the LBJ stuff and if he opts out in 2014 while we have cap space...I can live with Mitch pulling another rabbit out of his hat.

Smokey

Anyone have that new counter strike for PC?

Its basically the game I have time to play these days.

I do. Not bad for 15 bones.

oh its out?
alright. i'll go download it

Yes and it's gooddd. Better at what it does than CQ.

I'll check in with the 2k league after game has been out so I can find out if it even works properly this year smh

Bro, I'll jump in only as long as I get a chance to tap dat ass. Yours and viak (cause he sucks at most games).

Will Yao be a cheat code again like last year?

RIP Yao

we had some good times

benjipwns

Banned
NBA Live 13 is effectively delayed indefinitely. While EA Sports may say the game isn't, technically, delayed because it was never given a release date, the publisher today acknowledged many had expected it to release Oct. 2 alongside competitor NBA 2K13, and said it's giving the NBA Live development team more time to shore up a game that left E3 roundly panned and had gone AWOL in the three months since.

The release of that trailer above, however, at least pushes back speculation that the entire project would be scrapped, the fate that befell its predecessor, NBA Elite 11, back in 2010. But EA Sports provided no guidance on when this game would release, whether that would be in the month of October or even 2012. A release on Oct. 2 would seem to be off the table, though.

An EA Sports spokesman also would not comment on rumors that the game would be released as a download-only version over Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Store.

"The team is making steady progress, and we're continuing our work on NBA Live," Andrew Wilson, the executive vice president in charge of the EA Sports label, said in a statement. "We remain focused on rebuilding this franchise for the future."

Another statement from EA Sports acknowledged that customers had been anticipating an Oct. 2 release but "our plan is to release at a later date. We will share more information in the future."
http://kotaku.com/5943075/nba-live-...-this-trailer-suggests-it-hasnt-been-canceled

Nelo Ice

Banned
So according to multiple sources.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Despite what KPerk says OKC & JHarden not close to deal. Sides are talking. JH wants to stay but wants max. Let's see if OKC blinks b4 10/31

It would behoove OKC to sign JH b4 10/31 b/c next summer teams will offer poison pill max contracts that will be hard to match...

He does have a point, if Harden hits free agency then someone is going to poison pill a max contract offer for him.

Top Bottom