• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This. Rose isn't like any of today's stars, like at all. I mean, does he even have a friend in the NBA?
He's worked out with KD and YNB in the past. YNB seems to be a friend of many other NBA stars, though. He's hung out with Boozer and Howard together in the past, as well.

In all seriousness, though, Rose is a great kid with tremendous heart and skill. It's really frustrating that his talent will likely be wasted by that Bulls organization. He wants to make Chicago proud so hard, but I don't know if he'll succeed.

He's worked out with KD and YNB in the past. YNB seems to be a friend of many other NBA stars, though. He's hung out with Boozer and Howard together in the past, as well.

In all seriousness, though, Rose is a great kid with tremendous heart and skill. It's really frustrating that his talent will likely be wasted by that Bulls organization. He wants to make Chicago proud so hard, but I don't know if he'll succeed.

We'll get Love and everything will be okay

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That is a very scary prospect.

Luckily Kobe and Nash will be a year older.

I don't know how well Love and D12 would work together...

On O they would be fine..even great

On D Love doesn't make them better..

KingGondo

Banned
Just saw that OKC hired Sebastian Pruiti as a video analyst. Good stuff, his analysis on Grantland and NBA Playbook is fantastic.

Next two steps:

1. Hire Coach Nick
2. Plan the parade

Just saw that OKC hired Sebastian Pruiti as a video analyst. Good stuff, his analysis on Grantland and NBA Playbook is fantastic.

Next two steps:

1. Hire Coach Nick
2. Plan the parade

I guess he's better than other guys, but Pruiti always seems to miss the forest for the trees. He's spent years arguing that Bargnani is a good defender while arguing that help defense doesn't matter. He often seems to forget that basketball is a team sport and not a series of one-on-one matchups. I guess he's a good fit for the Thunder though.

Triple U

Banned
Kevin Love plays defense now?

He would be better than this guy.

pau-gasol-gif.gif

fertygo

Pau lock down Dwight, Duncan and KG several time before, maybe the chance for it is 30/100 or whatever, but Love just as bad as Boozer.

Triple U

Banned
He was calling double dribble. Stop it.
You think this is ok or something?
Gasol's length is tremenoudsly important and matters a lot of the time.

Except when he's getting put on posters. Gasol had that one year in like 2010 or 2011 where his nuts dropped a wee bit but last year he was still getting punked down low.

Love allows .85 PPP and is scored on in isolation 40%

Gasol, .88 PPP and 41.6%.

Those numbers are pretty negligible and both are bad(even if they are in Love's favor) so it really comes down to a choice. I would take 6-10/260LBs and solid over, 7FT/250LBs old and charmin soft.

Honestly, Kevin would probably be an upgrade in most every facet of PF. I mean you have Dwight, you can let Soft Gasol go..

just realized that bynum 'oh snap' gif was from when grifffin dunked on gasol.

lolololol

It was twice in the same game.

Omega

Banned
kevin love is perhaps the worst defender at the power forward position.

call Pau soft all you want, it really doesn't matter. watch a basketball game once in a while and you'll see

oh, and rebounding has nothing to do with defense. being a good rebounder means..you're a good rebounder. i know you might be confused since DPOYs are only given out to the person with the prettiest RPG/BPG stats, but in the real world that's not what makes someone a good defender or not

Triple U

Banned

call Pau soft all you want, it really doesn't matter. watch a basketball game once in a while and you'll see

oh, and rebounding has nothing to do with defense. being a good rebounder means..you're a good rebounder. i know you might be confused since DPOYs are only given out to the person with the prettiest RPG/BPG stats, but in the real world that's not what makes someone a good defender or not

Sigh...

Amare, JJ Hickson, Jason Thompson, Bargnani, Lee, Boozer, Faried, Bass, Humphries, and possibly BJ Mullens are starting PFs in the NBA, Love is a below average defender, but he's nowhere close to the worst defending starting PF. Other than Josh Smith and LeBron, the best defender starting at PF right now might be Boris Diaw, it's an incredibly weak position defensively.

Doomsayer

Amare, JJ Hickson, Jason Thompson, Bargnani, Lee, Boozer, Faried, Bass, Humphries, and possibly BJ Mullens are starting PFs in the NBA, Love is a below average defender, but he's nowhere close to the worst defending starting PF. Other than Josh Smith and LeBron, the best defender starting at PF right now might be Boris Diaw, it's an incredibly weak position defensively.

Does take into account Duncan? Or are we calling him a C again? Same with Garnett... I know they moved him to the 5 this year, but he made a career out of locking down the 4 or 5 position.

I also feel that Millsap is a pretty solid defender despite his height. Z-Bo can be solid, when he has fucks to give.

Other than that... you're absolutely right. How about Varejao?

I thought Love improved on defense last year. When it comes to some bigs, you can't know how good/bad they are on D before you get a few decent defenders around them. Plus, Love had to use all his energy on offense.

Everyone here used to talk about how Bosh was the worst defense PF or close to it before he joined Miami. Now, no one would dare make that claim.

Love has far better instincts than guys like Lee and Amar'e.

SamuraiX-

What's the consensus here about who's the worst defender at the PF position between: Amar'e, Boozer, and Griff?

To me they're all legitimately and equally terrible.

This is just so hilarious coming from a Knicks fan.

T Dollarz

What's the consensus here about who's the worst defender at the PF position between: Amar'e, Boozer, and Griff?

This is just so hilarious coming from a Knicks fan.

As someone who has to watch Boozer meander around the paint every game, I'll say baby Carlos.

Does take into account Duncan? Or are we calling him a C again? Same with Garnett... I know they moved him to the 5 this year, but he made a career out of locking down the 4 or 5 position.

I also feel that Millsap is a pretty solid defender despite his height. Z-Bo can be solid, when he has fucks to give.

I was leaving out some guys who most consider PFs because they're starting at center (like KG or Duncan or LMA or Davis), but it's still a pretty weak position defensively.

Millsap is OK defensively. His one-on-one defense is pretty good and he's athletic, rebounds, and plays hard, but the most important things for a big man defensively are defending PnR and protecting the rim (at least, that's what I think) and he's bad at both.

Griffin is bad defensively, but I think he made some improvements last year to where he's not on those guys' abysmal level. Would probably still go with Amar'e as the worst of those three and Hickson as the worst overall for PF.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Love isn't a good defensive PF, but he has time to become good. Pau is average.

As of today Pau is better and has been since Love entered the league.
Yeah, I don't think Pau is a really good defender or anything but Love is el garbage on defense.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I thought.bosh did well defensively as well this year

T Dollarz

Just played '86 Celtics vs '08 Celtics. Truly a great matchup.

Playing with still capable Allen/Pierce/Garnett is so fucking fun.
But god damn, Bird and McHale carved through my D like it was nothing.

Went right down to the wire, tie game with 7 seconds left, and of course Larry Legend drills the buzzer beater game winning 18 footer. He is now public enemy #2 along with Gary Payton in my season.

Top Bottom