• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

giri

I don't know how well Love and D12 would work together...

On O they would be fine..even great

On D Love doesn't make them better..

Howard is exactly what love needs on D.

Love can defend his man ok. Acceptably so. But he can't protect the paint.

giri

Bynum is going to kill someone this year.

Probably himself.

I actually like Philly, though. Should be fun to watch this year.

people have been saying this for years.

They've invariably been wrong.

kevin love is perhaps the worst defender at the power forward position.

call Pau soft all you want, it really doesn't matter. watch a basketball game once in a while and you'll see

oh, and rebounding has nothing to do with defense. being a good rebounder means..you're a good rebounder. i know you might be confused since DPOYs are only given out to the person with the prettiest RPG/BPG stats, but in the real world that's not what makes someone a good defender or not

You're a knicks fan and you're trying to call out some other teams PF for defense?

Mind, Blown.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2012/09/nike-air-max-hyperposite-amare-stoudemire-pe-2/

9fwruojof7s.gif

Cautiously excited about this year. I don't for moment think Cavs will get into the Playoffs, despite how insanely open the East is this year, but I'm enjoying their rebuilding project.

Besides watching the Lakers this year will be immense. Sorry Adam and my Clipper friends, but Steve Nash...

Cautiously excited about this year. I don't for moment think Cavs will get into the Playoffs, despite how insanely open the East is this year, but I'm enjoying their rebuilding project.

Besides watching the Lakers this year will be immense. Sorry Adam and my Clipper friends, but Steve Nash...

I hope the Cavs can continue to build I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress through the season, playoffs would be a bit far though.

Looking forward to seeing a number of teams and situations develop this season.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was excited for the Cavs like everyone else until they drafted Waiters.

But I guess it'll be fun ... like looking into the future to see a washed up, 37 year old Wade holding back a young team but without having to wait until Wade gets traded to Kings.

SamuraiX-

Speaking of which, has there been anymore noise from NeoCavs Age?

I guess Waiters's SL performance was just too much good basketball for them.

Speaking of which, has there been anymore noise from NeoCavs Age?

I guess Waiters's SL performance was just too much good basketball for them.

The Waiters hype prior to summerleague and stunned silence after it says everything anyone needs to know about neocavs and Waiters himself.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gasol is one of the softest players in the game, his length doesn't matter most of the time. Love at least has body, is tough and can rebound.
Rebounding not equal to D

Pau's length combined with AB's made them tough inside

Unless you are trying to tell me AB played so smartly he covered Pau's softness so well

Made a typo in my last post but you can try to pretend that Lakers werent tough inside last year mostly due to their length

Triple U

Banned
Rebounding not equal to D

Pau's length combined with AB's made them tough inside

Unless you are trying to tell me AB played so smartly he covered Pau's softness so well

Made a typo in my last post but you can try to pretend that Lakers werent tough inside last year mostly due to their length
Defensive Rebounding is a huge part of D. Especially for a front court player. Anybody who suggests other-wise really ain't even worth my time.

PG is not doing much for the Lakers D as I have already shown. He still gets punked on the regular. Put in Love and they are about the same, probably even better because that would be one of the best rebounding front courts the league has seen. As I said it comes down to a choice really, and I drop the soft spaniard.

Everytime.

Sorry.

Blackace

Defensive Rebounding is a huge part of D. Especially for a front court player. Anybody who suggests other-wise really ain't even worth my time.

PG is not doing much for the Lakers D as I have already shown. He still gets punked on the regular. Put in Love and they are about the same, probably even better because that would be one of the best rebounding front courts the league has seen. As I said it comes down to a choice really, and I drop the soft spaniard.

Everytime.

Sorry.

Love is an anomaly because he a fantastic rebounder but a poor weak side and post defender
He a decent faceup defender but saying he a good defender because he rebounds proves that that your time ain't worth squat

They would be beast on the glass but Pau for next year at least, makes them better on D

Regardless what country he comes from

Triple U

Banned
Love is an anomaly because he a fantastic rebounder but a poor weak side and post defender
He a decent faceup defender but saying he a good defender because he rebounds proves that that your time ain't worth squat

They would be beast on the glass but Pau for next year at least, makes them better on D

Regardless what country he comes from

I never said he was a good defender because of rebounds.

I never said he was a good defender.

I even said his defensive numbers were bad. Point still stands that his bad defensive numbers were better than Gasol's without a 7fter to back him up.

It doesn't matter what country he comes from, he's tissue paper. If I can flip him for a fringe MVP candidate and top-five scorer, I do it in a heart beat. Put him in Mike browns defense for Pau and they are still roughly the same.

Blackace

I never said he was a good defender because of rebounds.

I never said he was a good defender.

I even said his defensive numbers were bad. Point still stands that his bad defensive numbers were better than Gasol's without a 7fter to back him up.

It doesn't matter what country he comes from, he's tissue paper.

Both play bad D but Gasol is long and plays better team D

And did say that boards were of defense and they are really

I can a number of players who boarded well and played bad D and the other way as well

masud

Banned
Bosh said:
"I just wanna say -- the freakin' Knicks, man. I think they're going to be a good team," Bosh said. "Nobody's really talking about them, and I don't like it. They're flying under the radar right now. I think the Knicks are gonna be a very good team."

He scured.

charsace

Love, Boozer, Lee and Mullens are the worst defensive players who start at the 4. easy. Amare's defensive awareness and perimeter defense are shit, but man to man defense in the post he's good at it and has really good timing as a shot blocker.

Triple U

Banned
Love, Boozer, Lee and Mullens are the worst defensive players who start at the 4. easy. Amare's defensive awareness and perimeter defense are shit, but man to man defense in the post he's good at it and has really good timing as a shot blocker.
You are delusional. No really.

Top Bottom