• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
this is the worst basketball game ever.

shouldn't both of these teams be accustomed to 1pm games? I don't think having to travel from LA to memphis should have this much of an effect.

methodman

Banned
this is the worst basketball game ever.

shouldn't both of these teams be accustomed to 1pm games? I don't think having to travel from LA to memphis should have this much of an effect.

No way man. A 10 am local start for a west coast team in a game 7? so dumb of the nba.

Neither one of these teams has an offensive flow of any sort. It doesn't even look like they're running sets. And it's been like that the whole damn series. Compare San Antonio's offense to these two teams. Yikes.

Srsly

Banned
Why are the refs letting the Grizzlies get away with murder but the Clippers can't touch them? That last foul on CP3 was obviously a continuation, but the refs called it on the floor. This is garbage reffing

h3ro

Silly Memphis fans... don't they know that the white shirt on the seat means its reserved and not to be sat in?

they're actually sitting in the seats and wearing the shirts lol

PBY

Banned
Silly Memphis fans... don't they know that the white shirt on the seat means its reserved and not to be sat in?

they're actually sitting in the seats and wearing the shirts lol

No worries, they can tune in at 3:30 today and watch how its done!

Omega

Banned
No way man. A 10 am local start for a west coast team in a game 7? so dumb of the nba.

not sure if I'm reading this right..

Memphis, Tennessee is not pacific standard time right.

Clippers have had 3:30 EST games which would be 12:30 EST.

both teams should be accustomed to this.

Because of this game, the words "tough" and "physical" will now be synonymous with shameball.

Can't we give the Spurs a bye in the next round and be done with it?

Vahagn

Watched the games at a sixer's fan's house last night and all I have to say is that when Kobe plays in that balance of scorer/distributer the Lakers are so much better it's not even funny

My god you're stupid. Kobe was doubled all game, everyone on our team was hot, and we still only won by a few points. Just because you want him to be Lebron, doesn't mean it's what's best for this team.

Sure, when both bigs are efficient and establishing low post position. When our outside shooters are hitting shots, and when Kobe's doubles are creating quality shots early in the shot clock for everyone else, he should pass as much as last night. But that NEVER happens.

We lose this game if Kobe is passive and Blake and Artest miss a few more open shots...which based in their percentages is perfectly normal. Also, Kobe is rarely doubled all game and passing to perimeter players to shoot contested shots is just insane.

Kobe's best game of the series was game 2. 38 points...took over in crunch time to win a close game....shot the ball really efficiently.

My god you're stupid. Kobe was doubled all game, everyone on our team was hot, and we still only won by a few points. Just because you want him to be Lebron, doesn't mean it's what's best for this team.

Sure, when both bigs are efficient and establishing low post position. When our outside shooters are hitting shots, and when Kobe's doubles are creating quality shots early in the shot clock for everyone else, he should pass as much as last night. But that NEVER happens.

We lose this game if Kobe is passive and Blake and Artest miss a few more open shots...which based in their percentages is perfectly normal. Also, Kobe is rarely doubled all game and passing to perimeter players to shoot contested shots is just insane.

Kobe's best game of the series was game 2. 38 points...took over in crunch time to win a close game....shot the ball really efficiently.

I think what he means is Kobe didn't try to force his shots, which he does against doubles a lot, when the other guys had it going.

But I kept saying all season on here that playoff Kobe isn't as selfish as regular season Kobe. If he sees the other guys doing their thing, he's going to feed them. And he did. I agree, game 2 was his best game, but he played a very smart game last night. It's not just that he passed because he was doubled. He intentionally got in certain spots to draw the double to create open space for teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom