• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Damn, MJ only played in 3 game 7s in his career? That blows my mind.

Jordan didn't mess around. He'd bury you before you had a chance to get up. Lots of game 6 close outs for the Bulls in their championship runs. Crazy part is it really didn't matter if it was home or on the road. I think he enjoyed the road daggers more.

LuchaShaq

Banned
wat da fuq is dis shit

What? Never been a celtics fan/hater but they are by far the closest team so 90% of the time I see a game it's there.

Never rooted for lebron until 90% of fans/media lost their god damn minds.

It's not like I'm a heat or celtics fan being wishy washy.

Grew up in Buffalo NY so it's not like I grew up liking any basketball team besides wherever shaq went and 90% of that was because I got a bunch of shaq stuff (shoes/mini hoop/shaq fu game) for xmas before I ever started watching/playing and when I started kids called me shaq because I was tall and fat.

San Antonio fans now know why Cleveland didn't keep Danny Green.

I hate to say this, but that George Hill trade fucked them. They could have played Parker and Hill at the same time and Westbrook can't guard either. When Sefolosha started guarding Tony Parker that was the end of the series.

SamuraiX-

San Antonio fans now know why Cleveland didn't keep Danny Green.

I hate to say this, but that George Hill trade fucked them. They could have played Parker and Hill at the same time and Westbrook can't guard either. When Sefolosha started guarding Tony Parker that was the end of the series.

Parker could still torch anyone on OKC whenever he felt like it. What lost SA the series was going away from what was working in the 2nd half and not continuing to run the offense through Parker.

DMczaf

Damn, MJ only played in 3 game 7s in his career? That blows my mind.

So you're saying Lebron has played in more game 7s than MJ before 28? Time to add it to the list!

lebron-vs-jordan-at-age-27.jpg

PBY

Banned
Trying to find MJ's record when he faced elimination- if I recall, it wasn't very good.

You can't read anything into that stat, but its interesting.

Parker could still torch anyone on OKC whenever he felt like it. What lost SA the series was going away from what was working in the 2nd half and not continuing to run the offense through Parker.

I don't know what series you were watching. Parker couldn't get to the rim and most of the time he couldn't even get around Sefo.

Trying to find MJ's record when he faced elimination- if I recall, it wasn't very good.

Well yea nearly everytime he actually faced elimination he was eliminated. During his championship runs he never really faced elimination though.

Damn boston gets no respect lol.

NBA.com Frontpage:

There are certain favors you ask at great, great risk. Such as: Borrow large sums of money. Help move a piano. Take care of your dog that still hasn't gotten the hang of housetraining.

And root for the Heat.

This may come off sounding like an anti-Celtics story. But it's not. It's just a simple and direct basketball plea, that's all. A request to the basketball gods to give us Miami vs. Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals, especially after what we've all been through since last summer. Don't you think we deserve it?

Look. The Celtics, at this point, are many things: Noble, for sure. Proud. Fighters. Gamely geezers. Gritty, determined, resourceful. All that.

And they're also something else: In the way.

For the sake of Heat lovers and haters, the Celtics need to step aside Saturday so we can witness a big buildup to an event that just might meet the hype. If the Heat win Saturday, basketball wins. Seriously, after watching LeBron James on Thursday, and Kevin Durant the last week, and knowing how quickly the ball will whisk up and down the floor if these two players and teams met, why would you wish for anything else? What's the alternative

So you're saying Lebron has played in more game 7s than MJ before 28? Time to add it to the list!

lebron-vs-jordan-at-age-27.jpg

:-O

Damn boston gets no respect lol.

NBA.com Frontpage:

There are certain favors you ask at great, great risk. Such as: Borrow large sums of money. Help move a piano. Take care of your dog that still hasn't gotten the hang of housetraining.

And root for the Heat.
?
King needs his crown!

something something Game of Thrones.

linsivvi

Well yea nearly everytime he actually faced elimination he was eliminated. During his championship runs he never really faced elimination though.

Nearly everytime?

4-6 in his first 6 seasons, 2-1 since then and 6 championships.

What's LeBron's again?

I can't believe there are Heat fans who would downplay Jordan's accomplishment. After all, he's the best player who's ever played for the Heat.

jordan-jersey-miami-751361.jpg

Nearly everytime?

4-6 in his first 6 seasons, 2-1 since then and 6 championships.

What's LeBron's again?

I can't believe there are Heat fans who would downplay Jordan's accomplishment. After all, he's the best player who's ever played for the Heat.

jordan-jersey-miami-751361.jpg

They turn on Jordan now, then will turn on Kobe in 15 years as well when the next Heat phenom shows up without titles. But true fans know what both did for their franchise.

Generally, when you're in an elimination game, that means your team is either the same or worse than the opponent so it's hard to really have a good record in those games.

Mrbob

The one loss Jordan had in elimination games in the championship run should be asteriked since he had come back mid season as number 45 and wasn't in form. Number 45 lost that year, not number 23.

He had to face some crazy good Boston and Detroit teams earlier in his career.

Vahagn

Oh geez - are we comparing Jordan to Lebron in any way?

Anyway I'm still rooting for the Celtics but obviously the Heat are favorites tonight. Although an OKC/Lebron finals will be fun to watch and the contrast between Kevin Durant's fourth quarter performances against LBJ's will be beautiful.

Thunder win either series unless they do the predictable "it's our first time in the finals were going to choke and let the pressure of the moment get to us" type thing.

Mrbob

I like tapping into the insecurity of Heatles nation (mostly ph33nix). The greatest player of the current era still ring less. Well maybe former greatest player. Looks like the torch might be passing already.

Just bet a friend $20 bucks (or rather 20 dollars worth of amazon credit) that the Heat will win this.

LeBron better keep God mode activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom