• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Alien 3 and 4 both had potential and some interesting concepts, Fincher wasn't allowed to do what he do. 4.......dialogue was on some straight to video shit as was the acting....Super Ripley =l.....

Alos Aleins is't the action classic some nerds make it out to be. It's good but Alien fo lyfe.

But Aliens has Paul Reiser getting killed real good. I think that puts it over the top.

3rdman

I missed all of the game yesterday. So from what I gather LeBron went off, and the Celtics didn't bother to show up. Is that a correct statement?

Yes, LeBron blew up and Boston had an off night offensively but to say that strictly would be to minimize Miami's effort. Defensively this was the first game where Bosh played extended minutes and it really strengthened their interior defense.

Nobody is focused on it but Miami played solid defense yesterday.

Tom Penny

Yes, LeBron blew up and Boston had an off night offensively but to say that strictly would be to minimize Miami's effort. Defensively this was the first game where Bosh played extended minutes and it really strengthened their interior defense.

Miami's D was better but you have to hit shots. The bottom line is it's hard to make a run when a player is taking like 50% of the teams shots at an 80-90% clip for a very long period of the game. The Celtics had one decent chance it was with about a minute left in the 3rd down 11. Pierce had a wide open 3 and clanked it. Could have to cut it to 8 get a stop and a bucket and your in business. Instead Miami was up 13 going into the 4th.

andthebeatgoeson

Good to hear about Bosh. I'm just tired of the Lebron hate (glad I'm not emotionally invested in him), so I'm rooting for him to get to the finals. But OKC is looking beastly, so it might not matter.

Why are there no Black people in the OKC arena? Not that they should import Lil Wayne but there has to be one black person in OKC with some money and connections.

TylerD

But Aliens has Paul Reiser getting killed real good. I think that puts it over the top.

My roommate recently bought the Alien Anthology and we have watched through Aliens. I had no idea that "nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" was from Aliens. Alien and Aliens hold up very well today.

Smokey

My roommate recently bought the Alien Anthology and we have watched through Aliens. I had no idea that "nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" was from Aliens. Alien and Aliens hold up very well today.

Alien Blu-ray is one of if not the best transfer I have ever seen.

Btw Heat favored by 7.5 over Boston tomorrow..hmm

I didn't think Alien 3 was all that bad actually but damn the cast sucks aside from the black preacher dude and the med officer. And Alien Resurrection just reaffirmed how bad an actress Winona Ryder is, even the basketball part + Ron Pearlman couldn't save it

I didn't think Alien 3 was all that bad actually but damn the cast sucks aside from the black preacher dude and the med officer. And Alien Resurrection just reaffirmed how bad an actress Winona Ryder is, even the basketball part + Ron Pearlman couldn't save it

The non special edition version (theatrical release) of Alien 3 is a mess. Special edition is alright, the fact that Fincher had handcuffs on the whole production kept it from joining the ranks the first two.

charsace

There are people saying OK hasn't paid their dues? This is like he dumbest shit I've ever heard. What dues are they supposed to pay besides winning? Are they required to lose for years and stew in mediocrity before they win a title? I would love to see them win so that all the experience nonsense gets thrown out.

Owzers

There are people saying OK hasn't paid their dues? This is like he dumbest shit I've ever heard. What dues are they supposed to pay besides winning? Are they required to lose for years and stew in mediocrity before they win a title? I would love to see them win so that all the experience nonsense gets thrown out.

Durant hasn't even left OKC to join Dwight and Deron in Brooklyn yet! Then again that wouldn't help OKC....

Anyway, i am leaning towards the heat winning tmw, i don't have confidence in the truth.

Seriously plus they've already had experience with doing well in the playoffs and not getting it done in later rounds.It's not like these dudes are rookies.

Durant hasn't even left OKC to join Dwight and Deron in Brooklyn yet! Then again that wouldn't help OKC....

Anyway, i am leaning towards the heat winning tmw, i don't have confidence in the truth.

Not everyone has the fortune to be on a lottery champ team.

I don't care one way or another, but OKC has been blessed with their draft picks.

effzee

Good to hear about Bosh. I'm just tired of the Lebron hate (glad I'm not emotionally invested in him), so I'm rooting for him to get to the finals. But OKC is looking beastly, so it might not matter.

Why are there no Black people in the OKC arena? Not that they should import Lil Wayne but there has to be one black person in OKC with some money and connections.

I saw some black guys in the crowd. Could have been player relatives.

Why was Wayne barred from going to the game? Bad image? Didn't have a ticket?

benjipwns

Banned
Simmons annihilated by his daughter:
That departure went a little better than Wednesday's exit from Staples Center. After coming apart at that stoplight, my daughter only cried for another minute, finally redirecting her anger toward me. You know, because that's what daughters do.

"You don't even care about the Kings," she hissed. "You only care about your stupid Boston teams."

Dallasbasketball.com has learned that the Mavs are working on taking a significant step that would allow Odom's return to the Lakers this summer, opening up multiple avenues.

A highly-placed league insider tells us the Mavs are already pursuing a revision to Odom's contract that would move his deadline to buy out his last year at $2.4 million from June 29, 2012 to some time in July, a contractual change that is permitted by the league with mutual agreement from both player and team.

He could be traded back to LA (doubt it) or traded somewhere else, cut, then come back to LA. Right now he can't come back til december.

Canuck76

Banned
Just saw the highlights of last night. Dang. When this kid decides to ball he's the best in the basketball.

Just from the highlights i see Lebron waaay more passionate than we've seen him. He's taking people to the post and finishing. He's demanding the ball and popping swag 3's. He's telling people what to do and demanding picks. Probably should have watched last night.

That being said we'll have to see what happens in Gm7. I still remember that magical Gm4(?) 3pt heave against Orlando and thinking there was no way James could be stopped. He was.

I'm going with Celtics game 7. Lebron will have an epic game but i just think Boston will be tougher and want it more.

It's funny to see how quickly the national media has changed the narrative regarding the Boston-Miami series. Not even 24 hours ago, the talking heads were telling me that the Celtics were too mentally tough for the Heat and last night would be the end of the Miami big 3. Now the Celtics look "old, slow, and worn down" again and they're gonna get run out of the gym tomorrow against the Heat.

They made a couple of playoff runs (including the WCF last year) and got bounced.

Say what you want about the shady process that landed them in OKC and that their main guys are still young, but this team has paid their dues.

effzee

It's funny to see how quickly the national media has changed the narrative regarding the Boston-Miami series. Not even 24 hours ago, the talking heads were telling me that the Celtics were too mentally tough for the Heat and last night would be the end of the Miami big 3. Now the Celtics look "old, slow, and worn down" again and they're gonna get run out of the gym tomorrow against the Heat.

Its always the case with the 24/7 Sports media now.

All they do is make up stories and talking points to discuss till death.

TylerD

I would say they have paid their dues just on an abbreviated schedule. The run through the playoffs this year is pretty crazy.

Durant rookie year with Sonics was 20-62

2008-2009 1st year: 23-59 including starting 1-13 (Firing PJ Carlisimo) and going 3-29 through the first 32 games. They finished the last 50 going 20-30. They went from not being remotely competitive to being very competitive in most games.

2009-2010 2nd year: 50-32 playoff birth as an 8 seed (The West was so good). 1 Pau Gasol block out away from extending the series to 7 games against the eventual champ Lakers in the first round of the playoffs.

2010-2011 3rd year: 55-27, 4th seed in the playoffs. Beat Denver 4-1, Fought like hell to beat Memphis in 7 including a bat shit crazy 3 overtime game 6. Lost to Dallas 4-1 in Western Conference finals after giving up multiple 4th quarter leads.

2011-2012 4th year: abbreviated season 47-19 2nd seed playoffs, swept defending champ Dallas 4-0, beat Lakers 4-1, backside sweep of 20 win streak Spurs to win West finals 4-2. Finals birth.

KingGondo

Banned
I would say they have paid their dues just on an abbreviated schedule. The run through the playoffs this year is pretty crazy.

Durant rookie year with Sonics was 20-62

2008-2009 1st year: 23-59 including starting 1-13 (Firing PJ Carlisimo) and going 3-29 through the first 32 games. They finished the last 50 going 20-30. They went from not being remotely competitive to being very competitive in most games.

2009-2010 2nd year: 50-32 playoff birth as an 8 seed (The West was so good). 1 Pau Gasol block out away from extending the series to 7 games against the eventual champ Lakers in the first round of the playoffs.

2010-2011 3rd year: 55-27, 4th seed in the playoffs. Beat Denver 4-1, Fought like hell to beat Memphis in 7 including a bat shit crazy 3 overtime game 6. Lost to Dallas 4-1 in Western Conference finals after giving up multiple 4th quarter leads.

2011-2012 4th year: abbreviated season 47-19 2nd seed playoffs, swept defending champ Dallas 4-0, beat Lakers 4-1, backside sweep of 20 win streak Spurs to win West finals 4-2. Finals birth.
Yep. It's been quite the journey.

And for people implying OKC got "lucky" with their draft picks--the only pick that applies to is the #2 they used to draft Durant.

Westbrook was drafted at #4 when he was projected as a late top 10 pick. Ibaka was drafted in the early 20s and sat overseas. And Harden was picked at #3 when lots of people wanted us to take Rubio.

For the most part, the rest was savvy roster moves by Presti. Jeff Green (drafted #5 with KD) and Krstic (recruited while playing in Russia) were flipped for Perkins. Guys like Fisher and Mohammed were valued for their experience, and Sefolosha was acquired with an earlier-acquired draft pick.

How many people would be turned off, or not as interested, in the NBA finals if its OKC vs Celtics?

i would still watch it, but i wouldn't rush home for it

How many people would be turned off, or not as interested, in the NBA finals if its OKC vs Celtics?

i would still watch it, but i wouldn't rush home for it

I wouldn't have the same interest for three reasons.

1)I don't trust the Celtics to give me a good, long series against the Thunder.

2)Don't get to see Lebron vs Durant

3)Don't get to see the Heat finally succeed/fail once again

I noticed how they were flip-flopping every game after being wrong.
Next game, the Celtics will win after Lebron will choke for not performing like the previous game.

Yep. It's been quite the journey.

And for people implying OKC got "lucky" with their draft picks--the only pick that applies to is the #2 they used to draft Durant.

Westbrook was drafted at #4 when he was projected as a late top 10 pick. Ibaka was drafted in the early 20s and sat overseas. And Harden was picked at #3 when lots of people wanted us to take Rubio.

For the most part, the rest was savvy roster moves by Presti. Jeff Green (drafted #5 with KD) and Krstic (recruited while playing in Russia) were flipped for Perkins. Guys like Fisher and Mohammed were valued for their experience, and Sefolosha was acquired with an earlier-acquired draft pick.

You just outlined exactly how they've made really fortunate draft selections....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom