• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so the wife wanted a romantic comedy and opted on the pretty strong Meet Joe Black. A quality offering if I say so myself. That being said though there are a couple hilarious things about that movie and I don't just mean the obvious ragdoll mortal kombat Brad Pitt. At the end of the movie when Death and Anthony H. go over the bridge and death ends his life and allows Brad Pitt to have his old life back isn't Anthonys potato bag body just hanging over a stump like a piece of laundry. Wouldn't that be something you would note if you were all of sudden returned to your body. "Oh I'm back.....WTF is wrong with this guy."

Presumably if Brad Pitt doesn't notice the body won't the gardener stumble upon his well dressed corpse?

Heh I found it funny.

effzee

Who do you guys think will win tonight?

None of the teams will really compete with Miami though I can see the Celtics playing up to a better level against the Heat.

As a homer I am rooting hard for the Sixers but fear the eventual beat down at the hands of the Heat. Still would be great for Doug Collins, the city, and maybe it will help them attract some FA talent :(

At least I will be able to talk shit to my co-workers who are all Knicks fans.

None of the teams will really compete with Miami though I can see the Celtics playing up to a better level against the Heat.

As a homer I am rooting hard for the Sixers but fear the eventual beat down at the hands of the Heat. Still would be great for Doug Collins, the city, and maybe it will help them attract some FA talent :(

At least I will be able to talk shit to my co-workers who are all Knicks fans.

Yea...no. Phili isn't getting any top FA's.

NBA trades in May are a rarity, but the Golden State Warriors are trying to swing one with the Utah Jazz before Wednesday's draft lottery, according to sources briefed on the talks.

The Warriors, sources said, are attempting to complete a deal with the Jazz that ensures Golden State's lottery pick in June will stay in the Bay Area under any circumstances.

After an April coin flip, Golden State has a 72 percent chance of seeing its first-round pick fall within the top seven of Wednesday's lottery, which would allow the Warriors to keep the pick.

But the Warriors, sources say, are prepared to sacrifice a trade asset or two before Wednesday's lottery to make a deal with Utah that would wipe out the stipulations in place for the 28 percent possibility that the pick falls outside of the top seven.
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/st...riors-eye-trade-utah-jazz-secure-lottery-pick

Posted?

Also, Magic > Kobe

I'm getting my shit raked in Act II on nightmare going solo gonna need some help

Went through a timed temple and came out disappointed

Lakers-fans have such a short memory.

Is this the part where I point out how ridiculous the Magic/Kareem Lakers were?

Nine Finals appearances from 1980-91.

But no, please, let me hear why Kobe is GOAT.

EDIT: Lol yup. Kobe > Shaq. Stay salty, Lakers-age. 2004 was such a long time ago.

Kareem was long gone in 1991.

Carry on with your arguing, though.

Omega

Banned
Yeah I know and its why the NBA sucks. Their only hope is to tank repeatedly and hit big on a #1 pick.

Why is basketball the only professional sport where "big city" matters?

In football, hockey and even baseball to a lesser extent, it doesn't even matter.

effzee

Why is basketball the only professional sport where "big city" matters?

In football, hockey and even baseball to a lesser extent, it doesn't even matter.

Not sure why exactly but IMO the NBA is the only league where having the very best player or two directly results in wins. Its extremely star driven even though yes you have to have a good team.

In football you can have the best talent assembled on a single team but the parity is so that it doesn't guarantee much of anything. The stars in the NBA hold all the cards and they can manipulate where they go accordingly. The NFL is set up so that it doesn't matter.

Not sure why exactly but IMO the NBA is the only league where having the very best player or two directly results in wins. Its extremely star driven even though yes you have to have a good team.

In football you can have the best talent assembled on a single team but the parity is so that it doesn't guarantee much of anything. The stars in the NBA hold all the cards and they can manipulate where they go accordingly. The NFL is set up so that it doesn't matter.

You don't know why?

Peyton manning doesn't play defense. He also cannot run or catch for his team. or block.

Albert Pujols doesn't pitch. And Roy Halliday only pitches 20% of the games.

Hockey is hugely dependent on the luck factor and depth.

I don't know why it's complicated. The best basketball players can control like...70% of the game. The best in other sports are usually capped around 20%. It's the nature of so few players playing at once, the large amount of scores (larger the sample size, more likely the right results), and the direct interaction at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom