• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Are you watching the Bulls game, kabro? Kirk is such a gamechanger for the Bulls. Noah, Deng, Rip, and even Boozer look like superstars out there now that they have a real point guard.

You didn't watch the Indy or Boston series last year, then. Lebron posted 2 of those 3 up. He had to, because Bosh was injured and Wade was playing like ass. You realize Lebron is as big as most PFs, right? PEACE.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall him posting up those guys at all. I remember him posting up the likes of Harden and that ilk.

Yes, I know he's more than big enough to play PF in the NBA. I just don't recall him posting up actual PFs, only SFs and 2 guards.

Are you watching the Bulls game, kabro? Kirk is such a gamechanger for the Bulls. Noah, Deng, Rip, and even Boozer look like superstars out there now that they have a real point guard.

8FxEa.gif

Hollinger is predicting Spurs 1 seed and Denver 2 seed? lololol.

Why does he do this every season? I like Denver, but without an injury they won't finish above LAL or OKC.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Hollinger is predicting Spurs 1 seed and Denver 2 seed? lololol.

Why does he do this every season? I like Denver, but without an injury they won't finish above LAL or OKC.

I'll be greatful if the Spurs make the 8th seed. All the west coast teams got better...well not the suns...but last season was a fluke.

I'll be greatful if the Spurs make the 8th seed. All the west coast teams got better...well not the suns...but last season was a fluke.

That's a bit extreme. I can conceive of the Spurs being the 1 seed (without injuries) but not Denver the 2 seed.

Also, don't think Memphis got better.

That's a bit extreme. I can conceive of the Spurs being the 1 seed (without injuries) but not Denver the 2 seed.

Also, don't think Memphis got better.

Healthy Z-bo is a lot better than injured Z-bo.

And Mayo was pretty irrelevant in the last two years. If Arthur comes back strong or if Selby has a good year, their bench will be better than it was while their starting lineup is much better than before.

dude dropped 63 against one of the best teams ever in the playoffs before he was even close to his prime.

I don't think it's too farfetch'd to say he could have dropped 100 on a shitty Raptors team like Kobe did.
no doubt.
Jeffrey averaged 30 a game on 48% from the field during his wars with the Bad Boys. against a team that would double and triple team him all day and hook him up with a stiff arm, elbow or a body shot whenever possible.

Healthy Z-bo is a lot better than injured Z-bo.

And Mayo was pretty irrelevant in the last two years. If Arthur comes back strong or if Selby has a good year, their bench will be better than it was while their starting lineup is much better than before.

I forgot Zbo was hurt, you're right.

But you're underselling OJ Mayo's defense. He had a big impact on that end. But I concede the point since I forgot about that injury.

Zep

Banned
Al Jefferson isn't bigger than Lebron. Jefferson used to be heavier before the knee injury. He isn't anymore.

Jefferson would put on a clinic if Lebron guarded him in the post.

In the ECF, whenever he guarded KG in the post, he was biting on every first move made. What do you think would happen against an even more skilled post player?! Lebron against any decent 4 would get eaten alive.

Flash

wow cuban sounds like a complete fool in his response to the d-will stuff...

and seriously, skipping out on the meeting to tape that dumb ass reality show? smh

Nelo Ice

Banned
wow cuban sounds like a complete fool in his response to the d-will stuff...

and seriously, skipping out on the meeting to tape that dumb ass reality show? smh

When you have a shot at signing a franchise player to take over the franchise after Dirk is gone and you can tape a reality show instead you gotta do it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When you have a shot at signing a franchise player to take over the franchise after Dirk is gone and you can tape a reality show instead you gotta do it.

Honestly though

what would Dwill have done if they couldn't have signed a 3rd big name? they wouldn't have even been better than the Spurs. He was right to fold it up.

charsace

Jefferson would put on a clinic if Lebron guarded him in the post.

In the ECF, whenever he guarded KG in the post, he was biting on every first move made. What do you think would happen against an even more skilled post player?! Lebron against any decent 4 would get eaten alive.

Give Lebron an off season to work on post defense.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Honestly though

what would Dwill have done if they couldn't have signed a 3rd big name? they wouldn't have even been better than the Spurs. He was right to fold it up.

Well like I said getting him would have at least given them a franchise guy after Dirk was gone to build around versus hoping to get one in the draft or through free agency. As for winning now at least it would help give dirk hope to get at least 1 or 2 more runs for a chip even if they really weren't going to be in position to chip.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well like I said getting him would have at least given them a franchise guy after Dirk was gone to build around versus hoping to get one in the draft or through free agency. As for winning now at least it would help give dirk hope to get at least 1 or 2 more runs for a chip even if they really weren't going to be in position to chip.

Why waste the money? Deron is going to be officially "over the hill" in two seasons anyway. There's no point in putting together all that just to get slapped around by OKC. If they had landed Deron, they might have been as good as the Spurs. This is even before the Laker Lizard formed.

If Cuban's gonna be all political and "we tried" then he's got every right to let Dirk chuck himself into the sunset rafters. Dallas can afford to middle for a while. Perennially shitty teams with wavering fan bases can't.
Anything is better than that half hearted first round fodder Cubes put together.

Cut Dirk and Marion loose and tank. It's best for everyone.

That's what they should do, but I think Dirk and Cuban are just too loyal to each other.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why waste the money? Deron is going to be officially "over the hill" in two seasons anyway. There's no point in putting together all that just to get slapped around by OKC. If they had landed Deron, they might have been as good as the Spurs. This is even before the Laker Lizard formed.

If Cuban's gonna be all political and "we tried" then he's got every right to let Dirk chuck himself into the sunset rafters. Dallas can afford to middle for a while. Perennially shitty teams with wavering fan bases can't.

Well that makes sense now that you say that. Just figured they should go after the superstar while they can versus hoping for one to fall into their hands.

linsivvi

I'm not convinced that Deron isn't already over the hill last season already.

T-Mac is gonna have a run at Starbury's goat status now. He wants that statue.

...and yet he will never be considered one of the great scorers, like Kobe is.

He will never explode for 65+, much less 70 or 80. Heck, has he even cracked 60 yet?

He doesn't have the offesnsive repertoire to hit those peaks. His physical dominance can only take him so far on offense... and he's reached that.

Like Phil said, he's gotta develop the skills if he wants to reach that next level.

Lebrons a great scorer. I really don't know how anybody can challenge that. For a career he has hovered around 30PPG and has never shot below 47%(with the exception of his rookie season.)

You can say it isn't pretty or whatever but still. Don't be silly. Also when Kobe was busting out 60+ he was in his prime, playing on about a 30-win caliber squad with no fucks to give. Thats perspective that you simply cannot ignore.

Edit: Lebron is top 3 on the all-time list of PPG. Behind Wilt and Jordan. Not a great scorer lmao.

Lebron can play four positions on defense, but not offense. He can't play a traditional SG role at all.

He can post up a bit against smaller dudes, but not real 4s, either. He won't be posting up KG or Pau or even David West.

What can't he do that a "traditional" SG could?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
On the other hand, this Nets' team looks pretty mediocre and moves to terrible when Iso and Wallace decline.
Maybe Dwill is closer to Starbury than he is to Zeke

There are few PGs who really are/were good to be the best player and a playmaker and a leader all rolled into one

If Dwill has that makeup his supporting cast is fairly good...

Vahagn

Ice out his big man.

8/10

Shadow: you are seriously not understanding the difference between prolific scorer and efficient scorer. The 3 most prolific scorers in the games history are Wilt, MJ, Kobe in that order. AI is a more prolific scorer than Lebron is.

Now you can choose to value efficient scoring ability over prolific scoring ability all you want, and that's definitely a great way to go. But don't pretend that Lebron is MJ/Kobe good as a prolific scorer, that's just silly. Lebron is closer to Bird, if he gets 60, it will be a career high, probably won't happen more than once or twice in his career, and he will always get you 28/8/7 before he ever reaches 35/5/5 which are MJ/Kobe numbers.

That's the height of the 2 guard position. Not a forward, don't need 8-10 boards a game. Not a PG, don't need 8-10 assists a game. A shooting/scoring guard - the prime role is put the ball in the basket, stop the other teams best player. Jordan and Kobe mastered that - plus led their teams. Jordan's better because he led better, won more, defended better, scored more efficiently. But most of that is due to his crazy physical superiority over Kobe and everyone else not named Lebron.

8/10
Shadow: you are seriously not understanding the difference between prolific scorer and efficient scorer. The 3 most prolific scorers in the games history are Wilt, MJ, Kobe in that order. AI is a more prolific scorer than Lebron is.

Now you can choose to value efficient scoring ability over prolific scoring ability all you want, and that's definitely a great way to go. But don't pretend that Lebron is MJ/Kobe good as a prolific scorer, that's just silly. Lebron is closer to Bird, if he gets 60, it will be a career high, probably won't happen more than once or twice in his career, and he will always get you 28/8/7 before he ever reaches 35/5/5 which are MJ/Kobe numbers.

So the difference between an efficient scorer and a prolific scorer is the number of shots jacked up? Ok

Because you had me until you dropped AI

8/10

That's the height of the 2 guard position. Not a forward, don't need 8-10 boards a game. Not a PG, don't need 8-10 assists a game. A shooting/scoring guard - the prime role is put the ball in the basket, stop the other teams best player. Jordan and Kobe mastered that - plus led their teams. Jordan's better because he led better, won more, defended better, scored more efficiently. But most of that is due to his crazy physical superiority over Kobe and everyone else not named Lebron.

LOL

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So the difference between an efficient scorer and a prolific scorer is the number of shots jacked up? Ok

Kobe has had a 125 40+ point games.. 26 50+ point games and 5 60+ point games in his career...

it's not even close..

AI, King, Wilkins some of the greatest scorers even in the NBA fact..

He is silly.. but LBJ is not a better scorer than Kobe.

He is a better basketball player imo.. but not a better scorer or even close

I never contested that LBJ was a better scorer. This is exactly what I said:

Lebrons a great scorer. I really don't know how anybody can challenge that. For a career he has hovered around 30PPG and has never shot below 47%(with the exception of his rookie season.)

You can say it isn't pretty or whatever but still. Don't be silly. Also when Kobe was busting out 60+ he was in his prime, playing on about a 30-win caliber squad with no fucks to give. Thats perspective that you simply cannot ignore.

Edit: Lebron is top 3 on the all-time list of PPG. Behind Wilt and Jordan. Not a great scorer lmao.

How he somehow misconstrues that to post the bs he just posted is LOL worthy.

Kobe has had a 125 40+ point games.. 26 50+ point games and 5 60+ point games in his career...

it's not even close..

AI, King, Wilkins some of the greatest scorers even in the NBA fact..

I am not arguing who is the better scorer, just how he defined it

But most of that is due to his crazy physical superiority over Kobe and everyone else not named Lebron.
or because Jordan was a smarter basketball player. Kobe was a hell of an athlete himself, he just jacked up a shot whenever, even when he was playing with the most dominant big of the last 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom