• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jamison is way shakier than Meeks at the moment.

Yeah Jamison hasn't show much of anything but at least you can slot him at the 4 and theres always Sacre/Hill at the backup big spots. Would love to see CDR in case Ebanks/Meeks can't score consistently and he can play both the 2 and 3.

giri

I like shitting on the Lakers too

But D12 is not 100percent yet

Yeah, and it's going to take them a while to gel. Dwight not being ready to receive passes from Nash is just a sign of him not being used to playing with the guy.

Hes a very good coach that had about as much success as he could with a terrible bench.

He's a good defensive coach. I'll give him that.

Head Coach? I don't think so.

Flash

generally good coaches draw up their own plays.

mikebrown.gif

Canuck76

Banned
The Dwight Lakers are like the Bynum Lakers, but with more highlights. Meh. PEACE.

Nah they're already better. With no Bynum to hog the ball in a post up situation they don't have to work on sharing the ball between him and Kobe. Dwight will take whatever Kobe gives him and not randomly shoot frigging threes in a game as well.

Flash

The Dwight Lakers are like the Bynum Lakers, but with more highlights. Meh. PEACE.

Bynum is inconsistent... Dwight will be way more consistent and his presence in the defensive end will be much greater.

Bynum on his best days is probably better than Dwight (especially on the offensive end) but the guy is just too inconsistent... and the fact that he is very temperamental makes me think he won't ever be able to put it together.

Heat should be worried about the Lakers... they have no size to match up with them. Bosh at center... lol. Bosh is very important to their success and if they shut him down the Heat are pretty screwed. Heat without Bosh were barely better than Boston and Indiana in the playoffs.

Zero clue how to manage minutes; played Kobe and Pau huge minutes last year and they suffered during the playoffs as a result.

I really hope someone tells Mike Brown that he needs to sit Nash on the second game of a b2b

Lakers wouldn't have made the playoffs if Mike Brown didn't play them heavy minutes.

Did you see their team at the time? They were barely winning games with Kobe/Bynum/Pau playing 40 minutes against chump teams. Did it hurt them come playoff time? Sure, but they had no choice.

Mike Brown is no different than 90% of the coaches. And every NBA coach would have played Kobe and Pau the same minutes, including Phil.

I think the minutes will be fine this year. I expect Howard around 38, Pau, Kobe,and MWP around 35, and Nash 30-32. We'll see if he needs to sit out b2b or not.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bynum is inconsistent... Dwight will be way more consistent and his presence in the defensive end will be much greater.

Bynum on his best days is probably better than Dwight (especially on the offensive end) but the guy is just too inconsistent... and the fact that he is very temperamental makes me think he won't ever be able to put it together.

Heat should be worried about the Lakers... they have no size to match up with them. Bosh at center... lol. Bosh is very important to their success and if they shut him down the Heat are pretty screwed. Heat without Bosh were barely better than Boston and Indiana in the playoffs.

AB is never better than D12 on D on any day

i'm just glad Dwight is finally cleared to play!

victory against Clippers on wed would be great, would feel better than a win tonight would. and hopefully Hill plays as well.

that was some tense shit with Nash tonight though o_O

Just like the Lakers should be worried about the heat. I really dont think the Lakers will be very good at all again defending the three point and im predicting the heat to be a top 5 shooting team this year. Its part of the reason I picked OKC over the Lakers this year.

Its not about rather bosh goes off or not(and he has no problem going off against howard) its his prescence and ability to stretch the game to the perimeter that helps us. This preseason with all these shooters, have given us the best spacing I've seen this team have. We will really be hard to defend.

The whole Boston and Indiana thing is a false equivalency.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I did a fantasy draft

Jrue won MVP while only averaging 18 and 7

I don't even

Turnovers lost the Lakers the game, not unexpected since they haven't played much together.

From what I saw there's just an unbelievable amount of potential for that offense. The biggest chance for sure is the high post game between Pau and Dwight that just works perfectly. Dwights ability to get position down low and draw double teams OFF of the ball created opportunities for Pau to look 5 years younger. Open lanes for drives and they already play much better together than Pau and Drew ever did, which was always awkward at best. It's already a lot better than the Drew/Pau lakers.

Nash's utilization was a bit less than I expected, but it's almost unforgivable to not simply pass the ball to Dwight when he's on the block and wait to see what happens.

bionic77

There is a lot wrong with this post. We are going to be competitive with the Heat because of our size advantage, but the Heat (assuming Wade is healthy) have an equally big advantage in the backcourt. It will come down to execution in the 4th quarter and which team is healthier.

Secondly, how can anyone compare Bynum to Dwight? I am pretty vocal in not being a fan of Bynum for a few reasons (he is retarded, gets hurt too easily, and never learned how to pass out of a double team or attack it) but no one can seriously compare his game to Dwight. Bynum is better than Dwight in two ways, post game and free throws. In every other way he is noticeably inferior. It is weird how down people are on Dwight when 2 years ago he took the Magic to the finals.

bionic77

Laker starters are going to get run down because that bench is total ass
Benches matter less in the playoffs though.

They do suck serious ass though. I don't remember the last time we had a competent bench. Even the bench mob was garbage, they just had a good nickname.

Emwitus

Benches matter less in the playoffs though.

They do suck serious ass though. I don't remember the last time we had a competent bench. Even the bench mob was garbage, they just had a good nickname.

The older you are, the more the bench is needed in the playoffs. I don't care what people say about rotations. Old man nash/kobe can't give you 38 and be productive at the end of a game.

Lakers have a bad bench but a top tier rotation. You don't need bench depth when you have 4 all-stars as starters. You can literally just run with Nash/scrubs/dwight while Kobe and Pau rest and then just switch them out. You can do this for entire games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom