• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Keep moving those goalposts lol

I'm not at all. You shoot it better - but how effective is it?

Same shit with teams that go all in on offensive rebounding while not being effective in it. Your corner 3s are a byproduct of shitty offense AND at the same time one of the few things your team does well offensively. Its a sign of being fundamentally broken. Yes, the Wizards do it well but its almost entirely because the rest of their game is so screwed.

I'm not at all. You shoot it better - but how effective is it?

lol

Dude, just stop.

You said that a Denver 3 is better than a Washington 3. We shoot it at a better percentage. Overall offensive production? Yea, they are a much better team than us right now, they're a high seeded team in the West that does a LOT of things better than Washington, and are more productive offensively.

But John Wall is great at getting guys good looks this year for sure.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol

Dude, just stop.

You said that a Denver 3 is better than a Washington 3. We shoot it at a better percentage. Overall offensive production? Yea, they are a much better team than us right now, they're a high seeded team in the West that does a LOT of things better than Washington, and are more productive offensively.

But John Wall is great at getting guys good looks this year for sure.

No. I did not.

There's a huge difference between a Denver corner 3 and a Washington corner 3.

And this was discussing the effectiveness of the corner 3 altogether because people think that its the same shot for all teams and all offensive schemes. It is not. And you're proving that you don't understand the difference either. Your argument is essentially saying that a team shoots a higher FT% must be better at getting to the FT line. That's not the case at all.
smh. Denver is loaded with like four good playmakers, Washington has one and used Jordan Crawful as a primary ball handler for a huge chunk of the season

Your going off base too. The Denver thing is only to illustrate the difference and ridiculousness of saying that corner 3s somehow make Washington's offense not terrible simply because they shoot a higher percentage.

imout.gif

No. I did not.

And this was discussing the effectiveness of the corner 3 altogether because people think that its the same shot for all teams and all offensive schemes. It is not. And you're proving that you don't understand the difference either. Your argument is essentially saying that a team shoots a higher FT% must be better at getting to the FT line. That's not the case at all.

Your going off base too. The Denver thing is only to illustrate the difference and ridiculousness of saying that corner 3s somehow make Washington's offense not terrible simply because they shoot a higher percentage.

their offensive rtg for March was a respectable middle of the pack. Wall doesnt even need to do what he did this month to keep it that way next year, he just needs to hit jumpshots at a league average to keep defenses honest.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I can't make a corner 3 for the life of me...but head-on or left/right of center? No problem.

I always found it fascinating how it many players consider it the easiest 3 to make.

Is Dwight even worth the money?

He seems like such an idiot on and off the court. I guess we don't have any other option, but I don't see him ever winning a ring as the feature player on a team.
My opinion, no he isn't. I'd prefer to just have to rebuild our team outright in 2014. We got rid of Bynum (thanks Knux!) and that was worth getting Dwight alone.

Kobe, Pau, Meta, the bench, they can all be out by 2014. To me that's better than having Dwight there with a max contract as the Alpha dog when he couldn't handle it in Orlando. Dude is no Shaq. No Duncan. He is a small Ewing without the offense. I'd have taken Zo 10 out of 10 times since Zo had heart.

thekad

Banned
Someone's gonna pay more than 2mil a year for Korver. He'll be taking a large paycut if he went to Miami, plus they already have Ray, Miller, and Jones in the same role.

No doubt.

Speaking of the Heat...

A winner with the Lakers, a winner with the Heat.

Certain franchise is just beyond saving....

He came so damn close. Lost game 6 by 2 and then got John Starks-d in game 7...

the fact that he built teams that 'challenged' Jordan is pretty amazing (in the early early 90s)

I can't make a corner 3 for the life of me...but head-on or left/right of center? No problem.

I always found it fascinating how it many players consider it the easiest 3 to make.
I was always the same way... when I played in elementary school. Haven't played competitively since then, but I remember every shot being easier when I could line it up with the backboard.

my favorite shots are left corner 3 and left wing. i just can't square up the same way from the right wing/side for some reason.

My favorite spot was the 3 pointer on the right wing

Not sure why

Know what was frustrating, having a basketball hoop at home and becoming so accustomed to it, getting so good at making 3-pointers that you started to think you're pretty good. Then you go to the park or something and the basket is a bit higher so instead of hitting nothing but net at home, you hit nothing at all at the park :(

Westlo

Know what was frustrating, having a basketball hoop at home and becoming so accustomed to it, getting so good at making 3-pointers that you started to think you're pretty good. Then you go to the park or something and the basket is a bit higher so instead of hitting nothing but net at home, you hit nothing at all at the park :(

Well yeah the park is a bit different from this

jumboinflatablebasketballhoop_2.jpg

So fun question:

Who has hurt their legacy / reputation the most on this Laker squad?

-Kobe Bryant
-Dwight Howard
-Mike D'antoni
-Pau Gasol

I'll go with Dwight but its interesting to hear what others think.

The other thing to mention is that you have dumb ass coaches with dumb ass minute allotements. The Spurs big 3 is pretty old, esp in terms of pro basketball played, but Pop actually have a system that lets them blow out shit teams and manages minutes. And the Spurs have had a lot of injuries this year too. Leonard has missed a few weeks of games, there was the Duncan knee scare (he's just gotten back to where he was from that), TP missing games due to the ankle injury, and of course Manu is Manu.

I guess my point is, you have an old ass Laker team who has two players that play international ball, one off major back surgery, one is damn near 40, and shit coaches that are trying to kill them by playing them a lot of minutes in meaningless games (although to be fair, the Lakers depth was always shit. Then again, you guys did sink a lot of money into a core of players older than 32)

Is this a joke? 3 of the lakers too 8 players have played less than half a season or less thn 13 spurs. Spurs have 9 players over 57 games so far with only Leonard below of those that matter. Lakers have 5, one being Meeks and the other Howard who was 50% most of the year.

They had to play heavy minutes. If Parker, Leonard, Manu and green all got hurt and missed 6 weeks while Duncan played hobbled, the spurs would struggle too. It's not just being injured, it's being injured at the same time. Lets see the spurs play a Duhon-Morris pg rotation with Duncan out.

Another fun one:

Kobe Bryant

Bad teammate, or worst teammate?

Text "KOBESUCKS" to 555-fukdaLakers to respond!

*looks at calendar, sees first round of playoffs start in a few weeks or so*

Guess we are about a month away from the annual 'where did Crimson go.., oh, Spurs just got eliminated in the first round' celebration.

exarkun

hahahah JT is coming at Lakers age with a vengeance.

Its like kicking a sweet puppy, why do it. Instead, we should pop bottles with Brandi.

thekad

Banned
Joakim Noah, Loul Deng, Rip Hamilton, and Kirk Hinrich have been going through injuries all year. Oh yeah and the 2011 MVP hasn't played a single game. Yet the Lakers aren't any better than the Bulls are.

So basically Boozer is better than Kobe.

Jeff-DSA

Joakim Noah, Loul Deng, Rip Hamilton, and Kirk Hinrich have been going through injuries all year. Oh yeah and the 2011 MVP hasn't played a single game. Yet the Lakers aren't any better than the Bulls are.

The math here checks out.

"I didn't try to collar him," Gibson said. "I just fouled him. It wasn't intentionally. "I just tried to make a play on the ball, but I fouled him. When he fell, it looked like I collared him. I was really trying to grab him, just not hold him up. Nobody was intentionally trying to hurt anybody out there. When he said those comments, I was really shocked. But it's part of the game, I guess."

James singled out Gibson and Hinrich, who wrapped him up on a drive to the basket in the first quarter.

Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge, speaking on WEEI Radio on Thursday, disagreed. "I think the referees got the calls right. I don't think it was a hard foul," Ainge said. "I think the one involving LeBron against Carlos Boozer [in which LeBron lowered his shoulder into the Bulls' forward 10 seconds after Gibson's foul), that was flagrant. I think the officials got it right.

"I think that it's almost embarrassing that LeBron would complain about officiating."

Shots fired, and rightfully so.

bionic77

My opinion, no he isn't. I'd prefer to just have to rebuild our team outright in 2014. We got rid of Bynum (thanks Knux!) and that was worth getting Dwight alone.

Kobe, Pau, Meta, the bench, they can all be out by 2014. To me that's better than having Dwight there with a max contract as the Alpha dog when he couldn't handle it in Orlando. Dude is no Shaq. No Duncan. He is a small Ewing without the offense. I'd have taken Zo 10 out of 10 times since Zo had heart.
Yeah it is a tough decision about Dwight. I don't know if Kobe comes back for pocket change when his deal is up. I loved Pau in the past, but he seems like he is done. MWP is benefiting from this offense, but he is not an elite player anymore.

Even a smart owner like OG Buss would have his hands full figuring out what to do with Dwight and the team. A dumbass like his son is going to do whatever is worst for the franchise. If he wants to let Dwight walk then we need to sign him up for the max. If he thinks Dwight is the future then we should trade him or let him walk and get the cap space and hope to net another FA in the future. We need to treat Jim like George Costanza.

boozeface can defend centers okay whereas kobe let marquis daniels have the best game of his career since dubya was in the whitehouse

Guess we are about a month away from the annual 'where did Crimson go.., oh, Spurs just got eliminated in the first round' celebration.
im changing my tune.
the spurs only have the real legitimate shot of beating miami in 7 games.
im alright with timmy getting #5.
anything not to see wade's bitchass face get another ring.

Top Bottom