• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Jeff-DSA

im changing my tune.
the spurs only have the real legitimate shot of beating miami in 7 games.
im alright with timmy getting #5.
anything not to see wade's bitchass face get another ring.

Wade's face is like a tree. If you cut it open, you'll find a new growth ring for every year.

bionic77

im changing my tune.
the spurs have only the real legitimate shot of beating miami in 7 games.
I don't see it.

The Heat are too stacked and I can't see Timmy playing enough minutes in a 7 game series to swing things. TP should be able to get his during that series but not enough to win it. Maybe if Manu was still alive, but honestly even then I think the Heat have just too much talent.

The Thunder are one player away from beating the Heat and the Grizzliers are an entire backcourt away. No one else is really close.

im changing my tune.
the spurs only have the real legitimate shot of beating miami in 7 games.

Exactly. I ain't even mad at Bron anymore. Dude is legit. He's proven all of his doubters wrong and I applaud him for it. He's been at the bottom in terms of PR and worked his way back due to shutting up and playing at a top level.

Wade on the other hand. He is the NBA version of Mitt Romney. Can't not say something stupid. Is a fake. Doesn't deserve to be where he's at. Bitch ass. I'd rather see LeBron win 6 than Wade win 2 legit rings. Herpes ass (not you kado).

I don't see it.

The Heat are too stacked and I can't see Timmy playing enough minutes in a 7 game series to swing things. TP should be able to get his during that series but not enough to win it. Maybe if Manu was still alive, but honestly even then I think the Heat have just too much talent.

The Thunder are one player away from beating the Heat and the Grizzliers are an entire backcourt away. No one else is really close.

Spurs have a very good shot at beating miami,they have what miami is weak against. Spurs are my west team,i'm getting my emwitus on.

bionic77

hey now, i didn't make the rules, but im pretty sure you can change your tune as much as you want when you have antoni as your coach, just ask knicks-age.
God I fucking hate Pringles.

Losing is bad, but a bad coach and management is even worse because they suck away all hope.

:lol Remember how much Kobex used to shit all over PJ back when he was winning titles?

Imaginary conversation in my head.

bio: Konex what do you have to say about the hate you used to lay on Phil back when he was saving the Lakers franchise and your boy Kobe's reputation?

Kobex: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because of where the team is, or because you think I was wrong. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible mistake. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Remoseful? Apologetic? Those are just bullshit words. So you go on and tell everyone how I was wrong about Phil, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

bionic77

I wonder if they could trade Martin for Harden. That would probably put them over the edge.
That might work. But they would also need to somehow get a brain for Westbrook.

And if they were smart they could find a way to trade Perkins for someone (would have to be dumber than Jim Buss) to slow down/foul the shit out of Lebron and another role player.

We're not beating Miami this year guys, trust me.

I'd really like to, and I still believe we're the only team that has a reasonable shot, but they're repeating. Its happening.

Its a race for 2nd place tbqh

Wade's face is like a tree. If you cut it open, you'll find a new growth ring for every year.

lol

Joakim Noah, Loul Deng, Rip Hamilton, and Kirk Hinrich have been going through injuries all year. Oh yeah and the 2011 MVP hasn't played a single game. Yet the Lakers aren't any better than the Bulls are.

So basically Boozer is better than Kobe.

Their 4 best players after Rose have played 60+ games. Lakers have bad major injuries.

It's comparable to the wolves who have been devastated. Most people thought they'd make the playoffs but they're not.

thekad

Banned
Their 4 best players after Rose have played 60+ games. Lakers have bad major injuries.

It's comparable to the wolves who have been devastated. Most people thought they'd make the playoffs but they're not.
After Rose? Yeah, their best player and the 2011 MVP hasn't played a single game. Dwight and Kobe have played more games then Deng and Noah.

Try to have some perspective dude. "After Rose" lawl

I don't see it.

The Spurs have a ton of third/fourth option guys in their perimeter players and great number two options in Splitter and Duncan. They match up fine with Miami in terms of sheer scoring ability. the test will be on the defensive end, like it was last year for them against OKC.

How many more wins do you think the Lakers would have if they were as healthy as say...the Spurs have been?

Guesstimate.

you're the king of wii u fandom

Speaking of the Wii U

I figured I'd ask straight-out, so during the Q&A with Rein, I did. "Will UE4 run on the Wii U?"

"Hahaha no." Rein said, with expert comedic timing. The room erupted with laughter. As the laughs died down, Rein continued: "I mean, sorry, it's not really a correct answer. We're not… we have Unreal Engine 3 for the Wii U. Right?

deandrethunderdunk.gif

that excuse holds up for the L's Lakers took against top WC teams. it dont hold weight when your squad gets styled on by Aaron Afflalo, Evan Turner, Trevor Ariza, Jose Calderon,Luis Scola, and CJ Miles

bionic77

The Spurs have a ton of third/fourth option guys in their perimeter players and great number two options in Splitter and Duncan. They match up fine with Miami in terms of sheer scoring ability. the test will be on the defensive end, like it was last year for them against OKC.
I strongly disagree. Miami is just a lot more talented. Miami also has a ton of 3rd and 4th option guys as well, I mean they have fucking Ray Allen coming off the bench to rain 3s against tired starters and reserves. And Miami has 3 legit All Stars in Bron, Wade and Bosh. You can't say that about the Spurs anymore. Even Bosh has played really well this year and I feel is a huge part of why they are so much better, somehow that has flown completely under the radar though.

I just don't see it from the Spurs. Memphis has the right combo of big men, but not enough to surround them.

After Rose? Yeah, their best player and the 2011 MVP hasn't played a single game. Dwight and Kobe have played more games then Deng and Noah.

Try to have some perspective dude. "After Rose" lawl

Dwight was at 50% most of those games and kobe is old. Lakers had a rotation of Duhon and Morris for 1/4 the season and played games without pau, Howard, or hill at the same time. Bulls never had that. When bellinelli logs minutes at power forward like Kobe did, let me know. Bulls are a very deep team, too. And they play out east. They're record would be worse than lakers out west.

But lol at you taking the position of Rose being the MVP in 2011 as if you believed it at the time.

thekad

Banned
Dwight was at 50% most of those games and kobe is old. Lakers had a rotation of Duhon and Morris for 1/4 the season and played games without pau, Howard, or hill at the same time. Bulls never had that. When bellinelli logs minutes at power forward like Kobe did, let me know. Bulls are a very deep team, too. And they play out east. They're record would be worse than lakers out west.

But lol at you taking the position of Rose being the MVP in 2011 as if you believed it at the time.

Hey dummy, the Bulls had Nate Robinson starting as their PG and who the fuck is Jimmy Butler as their SF.

The Bulls aren't deep at all; they let Asik, Watson, Brewer, AND Korver go.

Noah has been playing hurt as has Deng all season.

And their best player hasn't played a game.

But yeah, Kobe needs more help.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So fun question:

Who has hurt their legacy / reputation the most on this Laker squad?

-Kobe Bryant
-Dwight Howard
-Mike D'antoni
-Pau Gasol

I'll go with Dwight but its interesting to hear what others think.

Its Dwight. Easily.

Kobe is above the concept of criticism. Nobody will ever blame Vino for anything.

lol, Marquis Teague was getting minutes at one point of the season. their backcourt was ravaged for huge chunks of the season.

bionic77

Hey dummy, the Bulls had Nate Robinson starting as their PG and who the fuck is Jimmy Butler as their SF.

The Bulls aren't deep at all; they let Asik, Watson, Brewer, AND Korver go.

Noah has been playing hurt as has Deng all season.

And their best player hasn't played a game.

But yeah, Kobe needs more help.
The Bulls also have one of the best coaches in the league.

The Lakers? We might have been better off with Mike Brown. :lol

We are so fucked...

effzee

Shots fired, and rightfully so.

Yeah because KG and Pierce aren't crying every night. The whole league is so fucking hypocritical. There at least 2-3 guys on each team who flop, cry, and complain all the time yet when Lebron complain about 2-3 hard fouls which he felt were not basketball plays oh then its embarrassing.

I don't see it.

I think realistically the Heat can beat all these teams but it depends on when the Heat decide to play. They won't be able to out rebound any of these teams so they will have to play some great team defense. And even during the streak we saw how poor that D was usually for 2.5 quarters until they would go on their runs. Won't work in the playoffs.

Don't think the Heat winning the championship is as much of a given as some people think. I can see OKC, SA, and maybe even a third team (Memphis) upsetting them.

that excuse holds up for the L's Lakers took against top WC teams. it dont hold weight when your squad gets styled on by Aaron Afflalo, Evan Turner, Trevor Ariza, Jose Calderon,Luis Scola, and CJ Miles

This is where people as t their cake and eat it too.

Before the season started everyone said the lakers were old as dirt with no bench and if they get hurt they'd be fucked. It happened and now everyone is trying to pretend the lakers should be great despite the injuries.

The starting 5 won't even log 200 minutes together this season

thekad

Banned

Before the season started everyone said the lakers were old as dirt with no bench and if they get hurt they'd be fucked. It happened and now everyone is trying to pretend the lakers should be great despite the injuries.

Bulls starting 5 won't log any minutes together this season.

So Boozer is better than Kobe

Nobody thought a team with Kobe, Nash and a 60% Dwight would take habitual losses to teams ready made for tanking.

Bulls starting 5 won't log any minutes together this season.

So what? Their 2-8 will. The lakers would be fine if only Kobe or Dwight or nash or pau missed the season and no one else aside from minor dinks. Plus Dwight wasn't Dwight.

Both Blake and hill's injuries were devastating with he others.

bionic77

Nobody assumes those games would involve Duhon and Morris and Ron playin center, etc.

And Dwight got himself thrown out a couple losssss too.
It failed at every level.

Even when Kobe was on fire for the first 25% of the season we still sucked.

The team is just not good. The coach is worse. And even that idiot looks smart next to our GM.

Time to nut up and prepare for winter boys. A long ass, cold, winter filled with mostly mediocrity and humiliation.

The team is just not good. The coach is worse. And even that idiot looks smart next to our GM.

Time to nut up and prepare for winter boys. A long ass, cold, winter filled with mostly mediocrity and humiliation.
ibeZdib9jbsXuQ.gif

i've suffered through cedric ceballos being the goat of the 90s.
i've suffered through smush parker as starting point for 2 seasons.
i'm not so sure i'll survive jim buss's dumbassery though.
someone hold me.

Bad mouthing Mitch? Fucking Lakers-age.

And the roster is empty in 2014, long winter, pfft.

Well yeah it didn't work. Duhon and Morris were playing pg and sg. Pau couldn't move and Dwight was awful and not close to healthy while Nash was out.

It really wasn't far off from smush era is quality of teammates with the injuries.

So, what are we talking about here

40? 45? 50? 60? 72? 82?

Guesstimate.

Jeff-DSA

Haven't the Jazz been about the worst team in the league going with their intended starting 5? It's happened liked 3-4 times, I think.

thekad

Banned
So what? Their 2-8 will. The lakers would be fine if only Kobe or Dwight or nash or pau missed the season and no one else aside from minor dinks. Plus Dwight wasn't Dwight.

Both Blake and hill's injuries were devastating with he others.
Deng wasn't Deng and has missed games. Noah wasn't Noah and has missed games. Rip. Hinrich. And Rose is MIA.

Top Bottom