• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

well considering that nash has missed 27+ games, and Pau has missed 20+, and Howard has been battling his back and shoulder injury all season. This current laker team has 40 wins right around where it should be due to injuries. If we had nash and pau healthy for those, we wouldn't even be discussing your stupid ass hypotheticals.
but neither of those guys stop the Lakers from giving up an awesome night to guys like Evan Turner, Aaron Afflalo, Marqis Daniels and Trevor Ariza.

This is the Lakers lineup until garbage time when they lost to the Suns:
Howard/Clark/Nash/Blake/Meeks/Jamison/MWP

A clueless, short-sighted coach continues to drive the old players into the injury list by playing them heavy minutes all season long, in order to save his job.

so then why has it been argued the last page that the lakers roster is garbage outside of 4 players

d'antoni has to play his best guys huge minutes because the team wouldn't win games otherwise

linsivvi

so then why has it been argued the last page that the lakers roster is garbage outside of 4 players

d'antoni has to play his best guys huge minutes because the team wouldn't win games otherwise

Every team has garbage players in the rotation. You play one or two garbage players 4-5 minutes when the other team is doing so as well.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
And if your team wasn't run by a bafoon that hired and trusted Isaiah freaking Thomas to run the team for almost a decade perhaps they would have had some success. But alas, your team is run by a nincompoop who makes Jim Buss look like Jerry Buss.

Atleast you have the Yanke... Oh, sorry.

The salt lol

I thought Meeks was gonna be huge for LA but hes been awful
Meeks gonna Meeks

Celtics will lose in 5(maybe 6 if the heat are lazy in the first round) if they are dumb enough to "tank" to face the heat.

Knicks/Celtics series would be 5/6 games for either team
die and live and live and die JR could fuck the Knicks up

Hawks should just skip the playoffs, if they beat the Pacers then i will be mad, Hawks are a waste

linsivvi

what narrative? lakers D has been garbage all season and the reason they suck. I think you can win more with an average offense and like 30 minutes a game of really good D

Duncan would be asked to play on the perimeter. You forgot who's coaching the team.

They would never play good D with Antoni.

I thought Meeks was gonna be huge for LA but hes been awful
Meeks gonna Meeks

Celtics will lose in 5(maybe 6 if the heat are lazy in the first round) if they are dumb enough to "tank" to face the heat.

Knicks/Celtics series would be 5/6 games for either team
die and live and live and die JR could fuck the Knicks up

Hawks should just skip the playoffs, if they beat the Pacers then i will be mad, Hawks are a waste

celtics might go to 7 as usual.

KingKong

Rebounding was sad but the Clippers, as a much better team, are expected to beat the Lakers. Don't see the logic of having Kobe play 48 minutes though

Duncan would be asked to play on the perimeter. You forgot who's coaching the team.

They would never play good D with Antoni.

dude is a tool of a coach, but I mean, does Memphis play great D cause of Lionel Hollins or cause of Tony Allen and Marc Gasol being great at positioning and communication...

linsivvi

dude is a tool of a coach, but I mean, does Memphis play great D cause of Lionel Hollins or cause of Tony Allen and Marc Gasol being great at positioning and communication...

Lionel Hollins is way better than Pringles. Also, a head coach doesn't have to be brilliant to field a team that plays mediocre defense, you just need to put emphasis on it during practice. Watch tapes and point out the players' errors. Pringles has never done that in his career and he never would.

Lionel Hollins is way better than Pringles. Also, a head coach doesn't have to be brilliant to field a team that plays mediocre defense, you just need to put emphasis on it during practice. Watch tapes and point out the players' errors. Pringles has never done that in his career and he never would.

of course pringles does this but when you only have one player on your team that can play defensive it doesn't matter. Your D is gonna suck.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Annnnnd I'm back from playing Demon Souls. Yeah, not for me. In my gaming prime I would have fucking loved it. But Old-Force is not about that life anymore...

I'm not saying Timmy is better than Kobe, but I do think a 34 year old Tim Duncan could have taken a team with Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, and Steve Nash to the playoffs
Do Howard/Nash/Pau miss the same amount of games as well? Is Duncan, at the age of 34, playing in his 17'th season in the league too?

I'm not a fucking soothsayer but I don't see how Timmy under the exact same circumstances would have fared much better.

Gratz on the first division title. Only 2 more teams in the NBA left to go.

Wonder if they'll hang the banner up.

Heh, yeah.

There was an article a couple days ago which stated that Griffin only wants championship banners up whereas Butler is okay with hanging up the division banner.

Watching today's game I'm having a real hard time justifying why OKC is that much better than NYC, and why Durant is that much better than Melo.

Talking and putting emphasis on it are two different things.

You don't care about defense when you ask your 7 foot PF to play outside.

Watch more basketball. Seriously.
hey now. I'm not saying pringles isn't garbage on defense but he is. You said that he didn't even talk about it in practice or film sessions which I beleive he does and the lakers only have one decent defensive player.

I don't see where I'm wrong. You just made it sound like Pringles is afraid to utter the word defense.

hey now. I'm not saying pringles isn't garbage on defense but he is. You said that he didn't even talk about it in practice or film sessions which I beleive he does and the lakers only have one decent defensive player.

I don't see where I'm wrong. You just made it sound like Pringles is afraid to utter the word defense.
ron artest is a good defender and Bryant can be when he isnt being an asshole of a teammate who doesnt play help D.

linsivvi

Because when your coach tells you to spend your energy on offense rather than on defense, players generally do that.

Coaches who care about defense would repeatedly hammer a defensive mindset into their players.

Coaches who care about defense with an old roster would tell his team to slow it down on offense so their players would have the energy to run back on defense.

Because when your coach tells you to spend your energy on offense rather than on defense, players generally do that.

Coaches who care about defense would repeatedly hammer a defensive mindset into their players.

Coaches who care about defense with an old roster would tell his team to slow it down on offense so their players would have the energy to run back on defense.
I'm not arguing with any of that?

hey Best-GAF, can I get some quick pc help?

I'm using chrome on my laptop and youtube won't go fullscreen. It's goes like 3/4 and I can't use any of the controls llike pause or volume (must hit ESC or double click to exit fullscreen).

Works fine on firefox. Never had this issue before, i think chrome just updated. cleared cache and cookies, no change.

giri

hey Best-GAF, can I get some quick pc help?

I'm using chrome on my laptop and youtube won't go fullscreen. It's goes like 3/4 and I can't use any of the controls llike pause or volume (must hit ESC or double click to exit fullscreen).

Works fine on firefox. Never had this issue before, i think chrome just updated. cleared cache and cookies, no change.

Have you switched youtube to use html5 or are you using flash still?

if you're using flash, uninstall flash then re-install.

don't just re-install flash, actually uninstall it first.

You said it doesn't matter when you only have 1 decent defender.

Yes it does.

You can only win by outscoring your opponents when you have a young team, and even then the team will fail in the playoffs.

Watch more basketball.
I was probably exaggerating when I said it didn't matter but when your second best defender is Kobe, your defense can only be so good. but yea dantoni doesn't help.
Why are we giving Al so many isos...

Melo is an averagely efficient player.

Durant is the third most efficient scorer in NBA history.
What's the top 5 look like?

Celtics will beat the Knicks.

IWMTB: who's first and second?

I think it's just Barkley and Dantley for guys who have been more efficient than Durant has been this year for multiple seasons and Dantley was an asshole who passed at the end of the shot clock to his teammates to protect his efficiency (checking it, McHale had multiple years above as well...)

Then again, that implies that Durant will keep up a 64/65% TS% which may not happen so I may be expecting too much...

Regardless, there's a pretty huge gap in scoring effectiveness between Durant and Melo even if Melo can really hot in some stretches.

Top Bottom