• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
but..

why?!?

Purely selfish reasons. I think the Wolves should win as many games as they can. I would like to see them get 30+ this year.

I want them to convince Glen Taylor that this is a club worth spending money on, that he should spend on Pekovic and Budinger, that this is a team plus Kevin Love that wins a lot of games next year.

I don't care about the Lakers or the Jazz or whoever gets to lose in the first round, I want to bury the Garnett trade finally.

Mamba, will you still complain about Duhon playing if the Lakers miss the playoffs to a team that started Jamaal Tinsley, ***** ****, and Marvin Williams for like 30 straight games.

Kevtones

Will Barton had 22/13/6 and 3 steals tonight.

Led the team in all those categories and had the most FTs and 0 turnovers.

32 minutes and +13

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lakers @POR Wednesday on the second night of a back-to-back?

Haha.

The Blazers might only finish a couple games ahead of the Hornets, should Lillard really be this lock for RotY at this point?

oh god can we please get atlanta to the fifth seed

that'd mean milwaukee and atlanta/brooklyn the first two rounds

Ehh, I don't think the Bulls have enough talent as is to challenge the Heat whereas if Josh plays hard for a new contract, the Hawks could take a game or two from the Heat.

I guess the Bulls could lead to more potential for injury since they play so aggressively though.

Lulz. Late game missed fts and turnovers baby. 4 more games of pipe!

Jazz losing by 20 on nbatv just boring

I can get with this. At this point, Lakers-gaf is pissed at their team and in mourning, them missing the playoffs isn't as good if they still believed they had a shot at a run. Now getting ousted in the playoffs and losing day in and day out, that would be entertainment at its finest.

The jazz... well.

Ehh, I don't think the Bulls have enough talent as is to challenge the Heat whereas if Josh plays hard for a new contract, the Hawks could take a game or two from the Heat.

The Bulls make the Heat players hurt more though, they play more physical

Atlanta however does have that thug Dahntay Jones so as far as I know it's a lose-lose

Doomsayer

I'm surprised most of you don't want to see the Lakers make the playoffs and get 4 games of pipe. That would be the ultimate icing on the cake, in my opinion. Struggle to make the playoffs, get there and get shit over in embarrassing fashion. Not to mention the 12 hall of fame players we have according to all of you here.

Seeing the Jazz get swept is just business as usual.

Meh.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm surprised most of you don't want to see the Lakers make the playoffs and get 4 games of pipe. That would be the ultimate icing on the cake, in my opinion. Struggle to make the playoffs, get there and get shit over in embarrassing fashion. Not to mention the 12 hall of fame players we have according to all of you here.

Meh.
not making the playoffs at all with their personnel is endless pipe

The Bulls make the Heat players hurt more though, they play more physical

Atlanta however does have that thug Dahntay Jones so as far as I know it's a lose-lose

Yeah, that's true.

Neither team has much of a chance so I guess long-term health is the biggest concern with matchups.

Not making the playoffs would be remembered far longer and could be more easily mocked and would be more frequently brought up though.

Also, I think the Jazz could take a game against the Spurs without Parker and Ginobili...

giri

Meh.

Suns need a better pick.

Doomsayer

I don't know, Starting five has all missed games. Key reserves missed a ton of time.

To the casual fan, maybe. Not to those who watch basketball and know the circumstances behind it.

However, this is Neogaf.

Not making the playoffs would be remembered far longer and could be more easily mocked and would be more frequently brought up though.

Also, I think the Jazz could take a game against the Spurs without Parker and Ginobili...

Does San Antonio keep the one seed? I don't think so.

When has ROTY ever been about winning games?

It hasn't, but it seemed to get propped up as a reason why Lillard was supposed to be the clear RotY: That he was helping get a team into the playoffs as one of the main options which is really impressive. Now he's just the second guy on a really bad team.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Meh.
The Lakers missing the playoffs just by a hair beats your scenario. The humilation is much greater.

Meh.

fuck no. and here the media and Laker fans crow on about how Kobe "willed" his team into the playoffs and overcame a season full of injuries to key teammates. (even tho the Lakers looked like shit when all four starters played...but dont tell Mamba that)
it lets the Lakers to save a bit of face. I mean, we know the team was built to chip this year, but the goalposts moved due to injury and coaching. we've already seen them miss the game winning TD pass, I wanna see 'em miss the game tying field goal too. Fuck the Lakers.

Top Bottom