• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Vucevic continues to be the only good thing to happen to the Magic this season. 21 points, 21 boards, 2 blocks and perhaps most impressively, 6 assists. He had a double double in the first 18 minutes.

No surprise the team collapsed in the 4th. The way the team has done that so often this year makes me think this could be 1 and done for Jacque Vaughn. At some point the team should have gotten better at holding leads.

You're tanking dude, you're not supposed to hold leads.

Vucevic continues to be the only good thing to happen to the Magic this season. 21 points, 21 boards, 2 blocks and perhaps most impressively, 6 assists. He had a double double in the first 18 minutes.

No surprise the team collapsed in the 4th. The way the team has done that so often this year makes me think this could be 1 and done for Jacque Vaughn. At some point the team should have gotten better at holding leads.

the magic right now are beno udrih + a bunch of children

even if they wanted to (which they don't) they couldn't win

b7mPZA3.jpg

huh

Meier

the magic right now are beno udrih + a bunch of children

even if they wanted to (which they don't) they couldn't win

I don't buy that. Over the course of a season, you should see some improved mettle. It's irrelevant of course, but oh well. Too bad Wiggins isn't available this year.

charsace

I don't recall that being propped up at all, maybe way back 3 months ago. The argument has been that he's clearly head and shoulders better at this moment in time as a rookie than everyone else in his class.

Lillard has shown crazy progression (at least offensively) as the year went on, too. His March numbers alone are jaw-dropping good.

The bigger question is: how can you give a guy all the ROTM awards and not proclaim he's the ROTY?

I'd also argue that as much as LaMarcus makes Lillard's life easier, having a guard of Lillard's caliber makes LMA's life easier, too. Also, let's not forget that Roy won ROTY he was playing next to a 24/10 player, and this Blazers team has more wins.

Popularity plays a role in ROTY. Lebron got it over Carmelo even though Carmelo lead the Nuggets to the playoffs in his first season.

Multiple Sources on ESPN says Trey Burke is a good backup on a playoff team or an average starter on a middling team. Scouts aren't excited about Burke at all he says. What should I take from his comments.

I don't buy that. Over the course of a season, you should see some improved mettle. It's irrelevant of course, but oh well. Too bad Wiggins isn't available this year.

the thunder with durant and westbrook won only 23 games in 2009, even blue chip prospects take years to learn how to win in the nba

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

???

Tobias Harris is the best thing Orlando has going right now.

Yeah Harris has been a revelation for you guys, he makes Harkless redundant. I bet you guys could trade back into the top 7 or so if you wanted to because a lot of teams are hurting for a decent 3, i.e. the Cavs, Pistons, Kings, and Wizards.

Yeah Harris has been a revelation for you guys, he makes Harkless redundant. I bet you guys could trade back into the top 7 or so if you wanted to because a lot of teams are hurting for a decent 3, i.e. the Cavs, Pistons, Kings, and Wizards.

Doug to offer our pick, Turner's soul/virginity, stacks of cash for Mo.

Confirmed.

xnipx

Why doesn't my man will barton play more? I swear there's a conspiracy against Baltimore talent.

Selby has been a scapegoat since Kansas. Rudy gets traded to Toronto. Carmelo has like 5 assists over the last 10 games. This shit has got to end. Will finally gets some pt after riding the bench all season and he puts up 22 13 6 and 3?

diehard

Fleer
Why doesn't my man will barton play more? I swear there's a conspiracy against Baltimore talent. ?

Jimmer gets the least amount of minutes of all players in the top 40 in 3 point percentage.

He shoots 42% in that crap offense, If he was playing Foye's role on the Jazz i honestly believe he would close to 50%.

If the Lakers had him instead of Jodie Meeks...

yeah i'm a homer.

Nori Chan

Jimmer gets the least amount of minutes of all players in the top 40 in 3 point percentage.

He shoots 42% in that crap offense, If he was playing Foye's role on the Jazz i honestly believe he would close to 50%.

yeah i'm a homer.

It's cool brah we understand

Wiz fans want to draft a guy like McCollum with our pick.

I'm like whatthefuckwhy? With the way guys are getting paid now if you just need a guy that can come in and hit some threes off the bench you don't have to waste a lottery pick to do it.

Wiz fans want to draft a guy like McCollum with our pick.

I'm like whatthefuckwhy? With the way guys are getting paid now if you just need a guy that can come in and hit some threes off the bench you don't have to waste a lottery pick to do it.

The Wiz need a 3, not a guard. It's so sad. They invested 2 recent lottery picks on the position. They are going to pay upwards of 14M for Ariza/Vesely/Singleton next season, and they're all scrubs...

jjasper

After the Conley miss and make over the weekend local guy wanted to check how the offense was doing:
Before trade:
Overall offense: 22nd, 100.1 points per 100 possessions
Clutch offense: 26th, 94.2

Since trade:
Overall offense: 16th, 103.9
Clutch offense: 2nd, 117.4

Too bad we are fucked without the great go to scorer Rudy Gay.

ohNOitsRO

Too bad Dwight's free throw woes are more mechanics than they are mental..

His little flick of a wrist on his follow through isn't the greatest for the balls trajectory, it really hurts him.. That snap is quick and volatile and, more often than not, changes the direction of the ball - which is why his free throw misses are all over the place (airballs, side of the rim, clanks on the back iron)

If he actually followed through all the way instead of doing that stupid flick, he would easily be in the 70-80% range

Yeah, it's always annoying to hear superstars say "I've already practiced this and had dedicated teachers, I'm just going to shoot em" while having a broken as all hell form jumper.

I mean I'm not a pro or anything, but I always used to be that point guard at the gym with street handles and speed but a bad jumpshot. Once I started taking the game seriously I made huge changes to my form. It was uncomfortable but it improved my shooting. Not sure how a professional can't do the same. Especially a guy who can basically palm the ball and is nearly eye level with the rim.

Astute assessment there man, you really convinced me otherwise

It's dumb to think that a change to his follow through is adding 20% to his career average.

Among everything broken with his mechanics (e.g. nonexistent arc, inconsistent foot placement, poor breathing mechanics, complete lack of concentration, and a general lack of care), you think his follow through motion is going to make him a 70% plus shooter. That's dumb.

The dude doesn't know how to hold the ball and shoots line drives.

Better?

i wish pat would just take down jordan's fucking jersey for fucks sake. marino can stay and it doesn't even matter anyways since m33m wears it

this franchise has enough of its own tradition already

but maybe he's keeping it there to remind the crew of where they stand

Dan Marino is the only other guy in South Florida who could contest Pat's don status. It stays.

now if he's retiring jimmy buffet and gloria estefan then i've got real fuckin problems

Dan Marino and not Don Shula? The guy who actually won two Super Bowls, one of which came during the NFL's only perfect season? Marino's more famous for what he didn't do than what he did.

Dan Marino is the only other guy in South Florida who could contest Pat's don status. It stays.

now if he's retiring jimmy buffet and gloria estefan then i've got real fuckin problems
Watch when he hangs up a 27 game win streak banner.

guaranteed if we don't chip this year.

pitbull jersey in 30 years.

ohNOitsRO

It's dumb to think that a change to his follow through is adding 20% to his career average.

Among everything broken with his mechanics (e.g. nonexistent arc, inconsistent foot placement, poor breathing mechanics, complete lack of concentration, and a general lack of care), you think his follow through motion is going to make him a 70% plus shooter. That's dumb.

The dude doesn't know how to hold the ball and shoots line drives.

Better?

It's dumb to think that if Dwight had better mechanics on his shooting, that his career free throw percentage would be higher? What?

Follow through is the most important part of shooting free throws.. Wtf? Lol

Nonexistent arc = Comes from his follow through..

Inconsistent foot placement = Wat?? This shit doesn't necesarily matter in free throws.. Players stand how they feel comfortable with their free throw routine/shooting, so even then this would also fall under follow through.. Tim Duncan is a bowlegged son of a bitch, Dwyane Wade stands like he's ready to take off sprinting, Fucking Joakim Noah and Shawn Marion shoot every free throw like if it's the first time they've ever laid eyes on a basketball

Poor breathing mechanics = Like this motherfucker forgets how to breath or some shit.. Are you serious? Yes getting a consistent breathing pattern is somewhat important, but that shit isn't fucking taught, that comes with flow of your routine and is obviously different with each player

Lack of concentration/care = GG, if he had these things then he would change his mechanics

So YES, changing your fucking free throw mechanics could easily raise his % from sub 50 to 70-80%..

Seriously, he would be going from making 1-2 every 4 free throws, to a somewhat consistent 3 out of every 4, and if you don't think that changing his free throw mechanics, or that his mechanics are his greatest impediment, then you just don't understand shooting period.

Chuck Hayes has a higher FT% than D12 - Nuff said

Dan Marino and not Don Shula? The guy who actually won two Super Bowls, one of which came during the NFL's only perfect season? Marino's more famous for what he didn't do than what he did.

True.

Regardless, no football jersey should be up in the rafters. Marino did nothing for The Miami Heat.

Further more, Dan ain't contesting Pat's Don status in the slightest. Joe Montana revoked his don status.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

yeah i'm a homer.

Just cause you are a homer doesn't mean you are wrong. Jimmer can ball. And he would be great with the Lakers.

masud

Banned
So the 2 seed is basically in the bag for the Knicks

Was
@Chi
@Cle
Ind
@Cle
Atl

If the Knicks lose to Indy and Chicago and win the rest they're in. If they beat Indy they only have to win 1 of the remaining 5.

And that's assuming Indy wins their other 4 games.

KingKong

So the 2 seed is basically in the bag for the Knicks

Was
@Chi
@Cle
Ind
@Cle
Atl

If the Knicks lose to Indy and Chicago and win the rest they're in. If they beat Indy they only have to win 1 of the remaining 5.

And that's assuming Indy wins their other 4 games.

wouldnt you rather play Atlanta instead of Boston?

Top Bottom