• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

So the 2 seed is basically in the bag for the Knicks

Was
@Chi
@Cle
Ind
@Cle
Atl

If the Knicks lose to Indy and Chicago and win the rest they're in. If they beat Indy they only have to win 1 of the remaining 5.

And that's assuming Indy wins their other 4 games.

I don't care what the seeding is, though. 2 or 3 is fine...as long as we clinch the division, we will have homecourt at least in the first round. I'm more concerned with getting people healthy than with having homecourt in the second round - because we need to be healthy to have the best shot of getting there anyway. Let's play the Wizards and Bulls legit, and then everything else can just be leisure games where James White starts.

linsivvi

Too bad Dwight's free throw woes are more mechanics than they are mental..

It's all mental dude.

lakers-free-throw-shooting1.jpg

KingKong

It's all mental dude.

lakers-free-throw-shooting1.jpg

There's a huge huge difference between shooting free throws in bunches and shooting 2 free throws every few minutes.

I imagine most people here (if they have the strength) could figure out how they need to shoot to make a free throw after ~10 tries and be able to hit it at an OK rate

There's a huge huge difference between shooting free throws in bunches and shooting 2 free throws every few minutes.

I imagine most people here (if they have the strength) could figure out how they need to shoot to make a free throw after ~10 tries and be able to hit it at an OK rate

That's true. Something like doing suicides followed by a couple of free throws might be a better way of working on them.

linsivvi

That's why everyone's free throw % drops in game. Not counting the small sample size of the bench players, Dwight had the most significant drop and that indicates a mental issue. He also used to be a 60% FT shooter. Not great, but you can live with that percentage.

That's true. Something like doing suicides followed by a couple of free throws might be a better way of working on them.

That's exactly what I did in high school. They less free throws you made the more you ran. I was money at the line so everyone loved it when it was my turn to go to the stripe.

Guys, Metta World Peace is playing tomorrow. Not even 2 weeks after surgery for a torn meniscus and a diagnosis of 6-8 weeks.

How is this possible? What the flying fuck!?

Guys, Metta World Peace is playing tomorrow. Not even 2 weeks after surgery for a torn meniscus and a diagnosis of 6-8 weeks.

How is this possible? What the flying fuck!?

It's possible with about every athlete but no one actually does it because you need more than 2 weeks to properly heal and you're at a high risk of reinjurying or causing further complications.

Metta is too trill for his own good this time I'm afraid.

exarkun

Man, the Rockets PR machine has been working so hard lately. First they get ESPN to run the story about how Lin would have had a D-1 scholarship if he wasn't Asian. Now we get the Linsanity story on 60 mins.

I kind of like it, and it comes at a good time as the Rox are making the playoff push and getting things going. It doesnt hurt that Lin has been playing great ball the last 2 weeks.

It's possible with about every athlete but no one actually does it because you need more than 2 weeks to properly heal and you're at a high risk of reinjurying or causing further complications.

Metta is too trill for his own good this time I'm afraid.

Doctors are clearing him, though. 2 weeks man! 2 weeks after a serious knee surgery!

This all seems crazy. I mean, I know Ron is crazy, but the doctors can't be. I mean, if this was week 4 of minimum 6 I could see it, but this. Bananas.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wouldn't be surprised if dude had a Harrison Barnes showing at the combine and had a 40 inch vertical + ridiculous speed, all of which doesn't actually translate to basketball games for whatever reason.

I mean its possible... Only other coach in the NCAA that holds players back more than Howland is Roy

Doctors are clearing him, though. 2 weeks man! 2 weeks after a serious knee surgery!

This all seems crazy. I mean, I know Ron is crazy, but the doctors can't be. I mean, if this was week 4 of minimum 6 I could see it, but this. Bananas.

He has played through a few injuries while in LA that he only talked about after he felt he had recovered from them. He's probably lying about his level of pain or discomfort.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
they have the cavs drafting a pg with the third pick

wtf

only mess with draftexpress man, also Hoop Analyst for the stats behind the players.

I don't care what the seeding is, though. 2 or 3 is fine...as long as we clinch the division, we will have homecourt at least in the first round. I'm more concerned with getting people healthy than with having homecourt in the second round - because we need to be healthy to have the best shot of getting there anyway. Let's play the Wizards and Bulls legit, and then everything else can just be leisure games where James White starts.

I think the knicks really don't want to have to play indiana in the playoffs without the home court advantage. Indiana's Fuckball only becomes stronger the more they play home court. Keep in mind if Camby, Kmart, and Chandler are happy and Jr keeps playing the way he has I think they have a legit shot beating indiana regardless if they have home court or not

Man, the Rockets PR machine has been working so hard lately. First they get ESPN to run the story about how Lin would have had a D-1 scholarship if he wasn't Asian. Now we get the Linsanity story on 60 mins.

I kind of like it, and it comes at a good time as the Rox are making the playoff push and getting things going. It doesnt hurt that Lin has been playing great ball the last 2 weeks.

Given his HS career, why wasn't he awarded a DI scholarship anywhere? I mean he was norcal player of the year and he even led his team to not only a 32-1 record but lead them to a divisional championship victory over a nationally ranked school. I don't know of any HS basketball player with those accolades not getting a single DI scholarship even to a shitty DI school...

According to Clutchfans, this piece was actually during the summer shortly after free agency. The 60 min producer was also responsible for the David Lee+ Jeremy Lin in Taiwan streetball video. Media impressions aside, haven't really been watching much of Lin play recently though I did catch his game against Portland on Friday. Watching him play, I feel as though he's become a more steady PG as the season progressed. His game is way more under control than earlier this year or even last year during Linsanity. Granted if you look at his box score, it's all over the place but that's just the impression I get from watching him play.

Wouldn't be surprised if dude had a Harrison Barnes showing at the combine and had a 40 inch vertical + ridiculous speed, all of which doesn't actually translate to basketball games for whatever reason.

to be fair no mock on earth seems to make sense right now

if you go back and watch shabazz's high school mixtape it's all below the rim dunks in transistion

he looks like glen davis as a wing player

Vahagn

Besides his obvious shooting form flaws, and mental flaws (which he even acknowledges) while shooting Free Throws in games, Howard was doing something else really stupid most of the year.

He's corrected it the past 3-4 games. For some odd reason, Howard wouldn't look at the rim until after he began his shooting motion. It was the weirdest and stupidest thing ever. Now he does what any rational human being does at the line, he looks at the rim for at least a second before beginning his shot.

thekad

Banned
Wow not even one of the seeds in the West is locked up. I don't even know who to root for or against with everything so screwy.

Top Bottom