• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I like the draftexpress scouting videos.

The one on Oladipo shows that he is a fucking monster on D. His handles are pretty awful though.

yep the other best part about them is that they update their listings quickly (removed saric already)and they try to match drafted players with teams needs outside of the lottery where everyone is looking for an impact player so its more whose the best.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
so many centers in this draft and so many teams needing centers I have a feeling some real good players are going to slide into the end of the first round.

charsace

He's 21, has had one good month of college basketball, and may not be athletic enough to be a starter in the NBA though.

He's big, strong, moves well laterally, and skilled. He can also be a 5 in the NBA. He's going lotto in this crap draft. He can't block shots at all though, but protecting the paint has never been about getting 2 blocks a game like most people think.

Recognize Dieng, but I don't know anything about the other two players.

Meh.

Withey is a huge, shotblocking center. Great rim protector, lacking in other areas.

McGary could be a pick-and-roll or pick-and-pop scoring center and that could fit well with CP3.

Each guy will probably end up a bench player, but they have starter potential.

He's big, strong, moves well laterally, and skilled. He can also be a 5 in the NBA. He's going lotto in this crap draft. He can't block shots at all though, but protecting the paint has never been about getting 2 blocks a game like most people think.

I guess he could end up going in the lottery and really I guess all of those guys could go in the lottery but those are the only guys ESPN and DX has in the Clippers' range that I have an opinion on and like other than Giannis Adetokunbo and I doubt the Clippers need that long term of a project.

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck 5h
JR Smith's usage rate busted the NBA's stats tool. Proof: pic.twitter.com/fGWfi6iWkp
BHV6eGoCEAA9-Bf.jpg:large

the fuck?

Picking between Chandler and LMA would depend on who else is on the roster. If it's a blank roster and the first spot has to go to either LMA or Chandler. I'd go with Chandler.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why'd you get that Avi again?

Bet between myself and Adam.

Last month is the only month that Eric Gordon outscored OJ Mayo.

He already lost the big bet though. I have his avatar rights for the whole offseason.
Picking between Chandler and LMA would depend on who else is on the roster. If it's a blank roster and the first spot has to go to either LMA or Chandler. I'd go with Chandler.

I'd rather have Chandler as my 1 dimensional defensive anchor than have to depend on LMA's betamax ass as the #2 man.

Just read this weekends' posts

Lot of asshatery by Laker-age going on right now

Curious how they keep talking about that Spurs matchup when they aren't even going to make the playoffs lol

diehard

Fleer
It's moderately racist. I'd like to know why there are no black people or any other kind of minority on that team for one.
There is one. ... And because it is Alpine. Maybe the 2nd whitest place next to Konex's face after a Kobe game winner.

Vahagn

There is one. ... And because it is Alpine. Maybe the 2nd whitest place next to Konex's face after a Kobe game winner.

I was mainly trolling. I doubt that the coach purposefully rejected minority players who applied to the team.

As for that story, I don't think it's racist as much as pointing out the fact that the team is breaking stereotypes. Simply mentioning race and the stereotypes regarding that race aren't the same as pigeon-holing people into that stereotype. Similar to a piece on Jeremy Lin mentioning he's Asian.

1) "This All White Team from Utah is breaking all kinds of stereotypes by being ranked #1 in the nation and by playing a Showtime Style of Basketball"

Vs.

2) "This All White Team from Arkansas is dead last in the State's Power Rankings. But looking at the team, it's what you would expect"

#2 is racist. #1 is slightly sorta racist, but it's more just a story that includes obvious racial components and challenges prevalent stereotypes in the basketball community. That's my take on it anyway.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LMA's bitchassness is fitting for a Knick.

Dude is nothing but a swole Channing Frye

Top Bottom