• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

It's entertaining sure, but I can't believe sports journalists are currently saying this is the "best half" of basketball this season. Level of play is abysmal. Stupid decisions, sloppy ball handling, lack of physicality... players are closer to ice skating than they are to pro ball. Sigh.

DominoKid

It's entertaining sure, but I can't believe sports journalists are currently saying this is the "best half" of basketball this season. Level of play is abysmal. Stupid decisions, sloppy ball handling, lack of physicality... players are closer to ice skating than they are to pro ball. Sigh.

It's the "best half" because it's exciting as fuck since you got 2 white guys, that barely get any tick, finessing the shit out of this game.

exarkun

Dieng has been hanging out on the perimeter all game on defense, not.smart.

More of his teammates' faults. They keep going under on these screens and he auto-switches. He has the foot speed to kind of keep up, so I get why he does it.

Edit: Ross reminds me of Crawful, or JR Smith when he does the dumb shit. But, dude can score, and kind of defend. Which means he wont defend in the NBA.

More of his teammates' faults. They keep going under on these screens and he auto-switches. He has the foot speed to kind of keep up, so I get why he does it.

He's been loafing out there a lot though, he's been out of position for the rebound because of it.

He's a damn good passer though. I love seeing that from bigs.

I have a hard time judging guards in college basketball. The college 3 line makes things so clogged that it's just...it's not even close to the type of ball they'll play in the NBA.

exarkun

watching this tournament, I want Dieng. Dude's athleticism makes up for whatever offensive liabilities he occasionally has. Damn at his shotblocking.

watching this tournament, I want Dieng. Dude's athleticism makes up for whatever offensive liabilities he occasionally has. Damn at his shotblocking.

He looks like he'll be pretty effective in PNR also. He'll get killed by post up C's in the NBA but there are only like 3.

masud

Banned
Moris your avatar has been decided upon, it's wonderful. We'll wait until it's official though, cause your gonna want to go lurk until October once you see it...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have a hard time judging guards in college basketball. The college 3 line makes things so clogged that it's just...it's not even close to the type of ball they'll play in the NBA.

Its too easy.

Point guard doesn't change. All good point guards do the same things. All bad point guards do the same things too.

I like how people don't realize he means momentum and not some person.

Too late. Damage done.

Mo.gif

You can't unbreak a heart.

masud

Banned
Why would you make that bet?

Aren't you a nuggets fan? And did Syphon take that as a net fan?

I was never a Nugget fan lol, I do that shit once a season helps me deal with the pain of being a Knick fan. What Syphon was doing I can only assume was an homage to me. He wasn’t in on the bet anyway though.

exarkun

Dieng with another year to work on his offensive game would be a quality top pick next year. But with the way the draft is shaping up, I think he'd go early.

Disclaimer: I don't watch college ball and I've only caught the last half of this game.

Last year when I saw Anthony Davis, it was clear he had NBA potential. All I see here are a bunch of college kids, Burke looks a'ight.

Top Bottom