• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Seriously one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Bad for both teams too.

Still can't believe they called that foul on a superb block.

I think die g has nba potential. Looks like a solid defender for the pros. Burke is hard to tell. Has talent though.

Lone Ranger looks worse than the refs!

Also, Michigan coach played spike too much. Can't play with house money so long.

exarkun

Disclaimer: I don't watch college ball and I've only caught the last half of this game.

Last year when I saw Anthony Davis, it was clear he had NBA potential. All I see here are a bunch of college kids, Burke looks a'ight.

I mean, comparing these guys to a generational talent at a sorely needed spot in the NBA isn't the best thing to do.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mean, comparing these guys to a generational talent at a sorely needed spot in the NBA isn't the best thing to do.

There's no one in this draft that would've even been a lottery pick last year outside of Bennett, McLemore, Noel, and Zeller

Dude got mugged on his shot. Holy shit.

Burke vs Louisville here.

Is there a dumber rule than resetting the 35 clock on a foul.
lol Louisville.

I can't imagine any nba player being so selfish as to not make a needed foul just to stay in the game. Might have cost Michigan the game.

Maybe the worst intentional fouling I've ever seen.

That was a great game from Burke against guys who could be NBA-level defenders though. Hype for him to be decent redeemed.

charsace

what's there to run? that team was choking and louisville's d snuffed everyone but him
He isn't a pg that I would ask to run a team. Michigan has some offensive fire power. He couldn't fire out how to get someone involved. And he isn't good enough to pound the rock into the floor when he plays NBA ball.

Well I thought Kemba would be a bust and after 1 year I looked right. This year not so much. Lesson is, I don't watch enough college ball to say one way or another.

Dang, Love is falling apart all over the place now. At least the surgery is getting done now so he can have all this injury crap sorted out and actually be ready for next year. Hopefully the Wolves can lock up Pekovic and Rubio for the long term and throw in a better conditioning/medical staff while they're at it.

Edit: Also I don't get why he didn't get the surgery earlier, I guess he was expecting to be able to play through it til the end of the season if he rushed back or something? This is assuming that he injured his knee when he was actually playing basketball and not doing his best Bynum impression/hanging out too much with Brandon Roy.

Confetti_original.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kemba had a terrible first season. I like Burke more than I liked Kemba when h came out. But 2 game sample for me lol

Kemba.... My opinions of him pretty much played out here last year. He played great the first week, then got tired out by the schedule - then had a massive mental block in place. The one where guys spend too much time trying to play perfect instead of playing natural. His was the kind that fucked Larry Hughes. It was ridiculous and I honestly have a hard time thinking of half a dozen players to unfuck that type of thing over the course of their careers.

Let alone after one season.
He isn't as good as kemba. Kemba is a much better athlete and basketball player.

He's not the kind of PG that can carry a team the way that Kemba did. He can create and hit the big shots he needs to - but when your entire team is dragging ass and they don't know how to go against the long defenders that are ever present at the next level then it falls like it did tonight.

I'm not going to hold his teammates play against him.

thekad

Banned
Can Burke shoot better than 30% from 3?

Seriously why is Kemba shooting 4 a game when he has the touch of Monta Ellis.

Top Bottom