• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Where would you draft Bruke at?

What team needs a PG like that?

I like the wings in this draft..

dy and chars are still underrating burke smh, he's only 20, is awesome in the pick and roll and has a good jumper. he'll be a decent starter at least.

hopefully people will stop overrating mcgary a bit now

Jazz have a -92 FT differential in the last 11 games, what the fuck.

I really don't know what to think of GRIII. He's just kind of there most of the time but he is athletic I guess...

Smokey

dy and chars are still underrating burke smh, he's only 20, is awesome in the pick and roll and has a good jumper. he'll be a decent starter at least.

hopefully people will stop overrating mcgary a bit now

tbh I didn't get what all the hype as about either..

Blackace

Siva is a Seattle kid :(

Also who thinks Seth Curry might be a 2nd round steal?

Blackace

no way

6'2 shooting guard who can't dribble at all

if he's lucky maybe he can be eddie house

For a late 2nd round pick prime Eddie House isn't that bad... I think he has a bit more upside than that tho..

why the fuck we gonna renovate that fucking stadium with tax dollars

400 million oh god

don't these fucks give a shit about the only team that's winning shit?

luxury tax 2014 man fuuuuuuck

edit: it has to be voted in, but it's gonna happen

Fox318

400 million oh god

Could be worse. State could fund worse team and build them a huge ass stadium in Miami.

ohNOitsRO

In order for the Knicks to win it all this year, metaphorically this is visual representation of those odds

dan_large.gif

thekad

Banned
Noel looks like he'll be a star player, just not a franchise player. The problem is there's not another player in the draft with star potential.

So the Cats will get #2, then tank next year and get #4.

If we can get Noel this year and a top 4 in next year's draft I'll be happy. We might actually field a competitive team the year after next if that happens.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If we can get Noel this year and a top 4 in next year's draft I'll be happy. We might actually field a competitive team the year after next if that happens.
If we don't get Noel

Then its McLemore, Bennett, or Zeller

Lol

I actually can see us reaching for Bennett or Zeller. The wings in next year's draft look a hell of a lot better than McLemore and we're likely going to resign Hendo so he'd sit the pine. So I'm pretty confident we're drafting a big, if Noel isn't there it'll be Bennett or Zeller.

I actually can see us reaching for Bennett or Zeller. The wings in next year's draft look a hell of a lot better than McLemore and we're likely going to resign Hendo so he'd sit the pine. So I'm pretty confident we're drafting a big, if Noel isn't there it'll be Bennett or Zeller.

That move could get a GM fired if it doesn't work out though. Highest I've seen Zeller go on mocks is 6th.

You guys need a big badly enough to reach, but Bennett isn't the type of guy you guys need. You need someone who can rebound and defend at the C. Getting a tweener who likes to the stretch the floor a little is just going to add to the madness.

If I were you guys I'd just take Mclemore and see if I can trade some assets to pickup a late 1st to get Dieng/Withey/McGary.

I still like Porter and Oladipo a good bit more than all of the other perimeter players in draft. Good athleticism, high BBIQ, play hard and unselfishly, decent skill level. I think guys with those attributes can develop into pretty impactful players. I don't see many huge flaws in their games that couldn't be corrected long-term...

I feel like Porter isn't going to score at all at the next level though, and I don't know that his defense makes up for that.

I think he can develop some all-around game offensively with some spotup jumpers, some cuts, some volume scoring when necessary like maybe Deng.

He's not very skilled right now, but I don't see why he couldn't develop into someone who can average 15 PPG. He's smart, athletic, and does different things on the court. I think he'll be good.

Though he did completely betray me in my bracket.

That move could get a GM fired if it doesn't work out though. Highest I've seen Zeller go on mocks is 6th.

You guys need a big badly enough to reach, but Bennett isn't the type of guy you guys need. You need someone who can rebound and defend at the C. Getting a tweener who likes to the stretch the floor a little is just going to add to the madness.

If I were you guys I'd just take Mclemore and see if I can trade some assets to pickup a late 1st to get Dieng/Withey/McGary.

Agreed, if we aren't able to either trade back or pick up an additional first I'd much rather we take a guy like Adams who at least has a shot at becoming a defensive anchor (assuming Noel is already gone).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

400 million oh god

You shouldn't look up how much the state of Florida spent building new spring training facilities in recent years.

But, yeah, publicly financing sports stadiums is such a scam.

charsace

I still like Porter and Oladipo a good bit more than all of the other perimeter players in draft. Good athleticism, high BBIQ, play hard and unselfishly, decent skill level. I think guys with those attributes can develop into pretty impactful players. I don't see many huge flaws in their games that couldn't be corrected long-term...

Then you must love Harkless like I do.

Seth Curry's been playing with a stress fracture in his shin this whole year.

I think he's a poor man's Jason Terry, with a ceiling of... Jason Terry. That's worth a second round pick at least.

charsace

Seth Curry's been playing with a stress fracture in his shin this whole year.

I think he's a poor man's Jason Terry, with a ceiling of... Jason Terry. That's worth a second round pick at least.

You mean current old Terry right? When Terry first came into the league he was fast and had a really good crossover and played some good man defense.

You mean current old Terry right? When Terry first came into the league he was fast and had a really good crossover and played some good man defense.

More like 2009 Terry, not Atlanta Hawks Terry.

EDIT: Forgot he won sixth man of the year that year. But my point stands. That's his ceiling. Versus his brother who'll be a top 10 pg in the league if he stays healthy.

Blackace

He played annoying, gamble defense... but I wouldn't call it "good".

Also players like him could make a late playoff team epic, like Fisher and House did in their day. That is the type of team he is most likely going to

So IWMTB, do you think any amount of playoff success would result in the Jazz FO making the determination that they need to keep the team together? Milsap and Al Jeff extensions incoming!!!

Terry even into his early 30s had a lethal pull-up jumper when going right, Seth's mostly a spot up guy who won't do much as long as you get into his shirt

Top Bottom