• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Smokey

Was it mentioned that Royce White has found his 5th baby mama. Knocked up on his #bewell bus and has now cut off all communications with her

Was it mentioned that Royce White has found his 5th baby mama. Knocked up on his #bewell bus and has now cut off all communications with her

pretty sure it's impossible to have condom failure on that many females, so yea, dude is definitely going raw on random chicks he meets.

#bewell

Hey Jeremy! What do you think your chances are for the second round?
ibiutXH1X8sdBv.gif

Royce White continues to be human garbage.

I'm not doctor but does his illness make him knock chicks up, not show up for his job and generally be a dick towards everyone around him?

Emwitus

I must give to the jazz tho. after getting their butts kicked by LA for almost two decades, they might actually have the best chance to eliminate lakers from the playoffs without having to play them.

thekad

Banned
Pau's been great since he came back from injury, not withstanding the couple games it took him to get back into game shape. He won't be doing international competition and he's a ridiculously over priced 4th option, but he's still our best 4th option we can possibly find.

If the plan is to try to win next year, you keep him. If it's to reload, you trade his expiring for pieces and hope to get some talent back on top of the draft picks.

I for one think this team would be very good to great next year with a training camp and the ability to practice defensive sets. Injuries notwithstanding. And that's the problem. If Kobe or Dwight go down for 20-30 games next season. it's all down the drain again. If we have a healthy team, and have Jodie, Antawn, Blake, Hill, Clark, and one more veteran guard who can play defense and hit the 3 so we can go 9-10 deep without injuries we should be fine.

Replacing D'Antoni would also be awesome, but I doubt we hire someone else and pay 3 coaches at the same time.

But Kobe and Dwight didn't go down for 20-30 games this season and the Lakers were still mediocre. Plenty other playoff teams had more missed games from their best players than the Lakers.

Emwitus

But Kobe and Dwight didn't go down for 20-30 games this season and the Lakers were still mediocre. Plenty other playoff teams had more missed games from their best players than the Lakers.

Who? And what's there record? I can see boston and chicago...but that's not saying much.

Vahagn

Dwight might as well have gone down for 20-30. He missed somewhere around 10 games, and he played like 50% of his self for about 50 games. He's been consistently 85-90% for about 1.5 months now, reason to believe he'll be the D-Howard we know all year next year.

As for Kobe. Sure he didn't miss much this year, but Nash and Pau missed 60+ games between them. Assuming everyone's pretty healthy (8-10 games missed a piece tops) LA should win 55 or so next year. We're going to win 43-45 this year, I could see an extra 10 wins next year with better health and a training camp to get together on the same page defensively.

As for Kobe. Sure he didn't miss much this year, but Nash and Pau missed 60+ games between them. Assuming everyone's pretty healthy (8-10 games missed a piece tops) LA should win 55 or so next year. We're going to win 43-45 this year, I could see an extra 10 wins next year with better health and a training camp to get together on the same page defensively.

Nicolas%20Cage%20trying%20not%20to%20laugh.gif

Dwight and Kobe have missed a combined 8 games. Am I supposed to be impressed?

Knicks. Clippers. Spurs. Pacers. Nuggets. Warriors.

Clippers? Paul is going to almost play 70 games and Griffin almost 80. No one besides Billups that mattered has played less, and Billups came into the season not knowing if he'd even play.

Nuggets lol. Pacers lol! All they missed was granger.

Spurs have 13 guys that will have played more than Nash, Pau, and Blake.

Dwight was Kwame Brown for 3 months. He essentially missed 50 games.

thekad

Banned
By "essentially" you mean "in my imagination."

Lakers' best two players miss 8 games combined = "omg how has the world not collapsed on itself"

Pacers best two players miss over an entire season's worth of games = "LOL"

Lakers fan logic.

Emwitus

Dwight and Kobe have missed a combined 8 games. Am I supposed to be impressed?

Knicks. Clippers. Spurs. Pacers. Nuggets. Warriors.

Clippers missed only chris paul from there core starting line up and what happened during those games? Surprisingly they lost the 2nd seed when paul went out.
Knicks missed carmelo and chandler....they are better without fire extinguisher. With melo/stat/felton going through injuries they were playing as an almost below .5 team for 2 months.
Spurs missed parker for 8 games? All towards the end of the season. And now with further injuries to ginobli and parker again they are starting to crush.
Pacers have missed granger
Nuggets have missed lawson/gallo all towards the end of the season. Lawson injury coincided with the end of there 17 streak.
Warriors only missed bogut. And almost slipped out of the playoffs towards the end.

Lakers
Nash 24 games. Now reinjured and out for probably the rest of the season
Blake 35
Pau 20
Dwight 6 and his coming of back surgery
Metta knee surgery
Jordan hill out for the rest of the season 50+
Kobe 4
etc etc

And are now struggling for 8th seed as a result. Quit that shit.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Lakers' best two players miss 8 games combined = "omg how has the world not collapsed on itself"

Lakers fan logic.

Remember when Portland and Houston won 50 games despite their best players injuries?

Kad, please stop calling the Jazz Al Jefferson' team.

It makes for good trolling of Mamba, but it is literally killing my soul.

Jazz are Derrick "Better than Dwight Howard" Favors' team now.

Tyrone Corbin just has to realize it soon...

Howard was the Lakers 5th best player until late February.

Since Hill went down, Lakers have clearly had a bottom 5 bench. And even with Hill wasn't anything to talk about.

Lakers were built top heavy. a few injuries and they're fucked.

I wish they have Jackson, Diaw, Blair, Neal, de Colo, Bonner, Green (if we consider Manu a starter) off their bench over Morris, Duhon, and Meeks.

Nori Chan

Lakers fan logic.
oh now you say kobe's the two best laker players lololol

giri

Probably will be just as cheap, is longer, shoots a better percentage, can actually create off the dribble and dunk the basketball.

He's easily better than Meeks...

He's a capable defender..at least he was on the Wiz..

there's been a lot of dumb shit said on this page, but, first post wins!

there's been a lot of dumb shit said on this page, but, first post wins!

For guarding two's he can be active and slide his feet to stick with most 2 guards and is longer than most of them.

He's bad on defense, but he definitely has moments of being average to okay.

Team defense means a lot, he was on some historically bad defensive Wiz teams most of his career. I haven't watched a game of him on the Sixers/Clips tho.

giri

For guarding two's he can be active and slide his feet to stick with most 2 guards and is longer than most of them.

He's bad on defense, but he definitely has moments of being average to okay.

Team defense means a lot, he was on some historically bad defensive Wiz teams most of his career. I haven't watched a game of him on the Sixers/Clips tho.

You said he's a capable defender.... The only thing Nick Young has defended in his entire life is his choice to grow a fro.

You said he's a capable defender.... The only thing Nick Young has defended in his entire life is his choice to grow a fro.

Eh, semantics. Capable defender to me means you can defend the average guy at your position. Guys who aren't even capable of doing that are guys like Nash, Novak, Vesely, Mullens, etc. There's a big difference between being capable and good.

Top Bottom