• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

linsivvi

Hmm, I should have made the obvious Jordan disclaimer, but that's implied at this point.

Having said that, KD is a better 3 point shooter than MJ was and he seems to get to the line at will (and makes 90% from there). I don't doubt KD could average 35 for a season if he went pure Kobe mode.

Irrelevant. MJ averaged 37 in his 3rd season and then 35 on 53.5% FG in this 4th. He scored a lot more than Durant ever did and on a higher efficiency despite not being able to hit 3s. Durant is not a better scorer than MJ by any reasonable definition.

we live in the same house. your point is?
case closed.
now go to bed and put your pimple stuff on.
The year he chucked up 27 shots a game? Not impressed. MJ averaged 37 points per game on the same number of FG attempts.

KD averaged 30 points per game on 20 shots a few years ago. You don't think he scores 5 more points a game on 7 more shots? Get real.

you're using a skewed PER logic.
your argument is invalid.

Emwitus

Irrelevant. MJ averaged 37 in his 3rd season and then 35 on 53.5% FG in this 4th. He scored a lot more than Durant ever did and on a higher efficiency despite not being able to hit 3s. Durant is not a better scorer than MJ by any reasonable definition.

huh

EDIT: Oh you meant scorer not shooter. nvm.

I acknowledged as much in my post. Nobody touches MJ, that's always implied.

KD is a much better, more efficient pure scorer than anyone else currently playing, how does that sound?

Cloudy

Banned
The year he chucked up 27 shots a game? Not impressed. MJ averaged 37 points per game on the same number of FG attempts.

KD averaged 30 points per game on 20 shots a few years ago. You don't think he scores 5 more points a game on 7 more shots? Get real.

Kobe was playing with BUMS outside of Odom and was getting doubled every night. Durant is not even close to Kobe's level as a scorer. He's a guy with an awesome jumpshot and ridiculous ref protection. You also can't double him because of the surrounding talent.

When KD scores 62 in 3 quarters or 40+ in 8 straight or 50+ in 4 straight, call me. No need to even bring up 81. Kobe at 34 is a better scorer (versatility and ability to create from anywhere) than Durant will ever be lol

PS: If not for the Indy game where he tried to play and didn't score, he'd be right there for the scoring title..

bro, if you want to get personal, we could go there, but knowing your shit it's not worth me getting banned over
could.
like in "could go there."
like how durant could average 35ppg?
or how lebron could average 35, 15, 15?

PER isn't a factor. If KD averaged 30 points per game on 20 shots, you don't think he scores 5 more on 7 more FGAs? Be reasonable.

you're stating this like its fact.
im confused.
call me when he sniffs 35ppg

Emwitus

lol. considering the differences in height between mj/kobe and durant.....that isn't much of a comparison. I'd be surprised if KD had a lower efficiency. Let's put it like this a 6 10' mj/kobe with their respective skill sets would be more dangerous than kd.

EDIT: Actually my hypothetical would be almost a hakeem like player.

I acknowledged as much in my post. Nobody touches MJ, that's always implied.

KD is a much better, more efficient pure scorer than anyone else currently playing, how does that sound?

I just checked this and LeBron is actually more efficient than Durant this year even though Durant is having one of the all-time great years for scoring efficiency, lol (1.11 PPP vs. 1.09 PPP)

This really hurts my statement from a few days ago though...

Absolutely ridiculous that two guys will post 64%+ TS% this year.

There's that other guy who's hitting 56% FG and 40% 3s.

Using pure percentages underrates Durant because he's one of best ever at drawing and making free throws though.

There's that other guy who's hitting 56% FG and 40% 3s.

Touché. I guess I look at that relationship like LeBron is the all around king of the NBA, while the guy who won three straight scoring titles (and could theoretically win his fourth this year) is the best, most efficient scorer. I wouldn't downplay LeBron's ability to light it up, and he's a much better player on the block or being physical on his way to the hoop. KD is the better shooter though.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Knicks lost?

Dammit new York.
Here's the game recap in one GIF:

natebeltx5l0ysy.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Kevin Martin who was the franchise player for 2 teams is coming off the bench for OKC at just 30 years old. Fuck these loaded teams :(

could.
like in "could go there."
like how durant could average 35ppg?
or how lebron could average 35, 15, 15?

he averaged 35 points on 27 shots (rounding down) while durant has 28 on 18 shots (rounding up), and durant shoots 50%. for you to compare that with a 7 rebound and 7 assist hike is fucking dumb, but it's coming from you, so again I'm not surprised

I couldn't care less about a single game or small microcosm of a season. Kobe Bryant has the same number of scoring titles as Tracy McGrady, despite having played 17 years.

KD is 3 for 6, with others likely on the way. His career PPG average is higher.

That said, it is fair to factor height into the equation, I think that's legit. It's easier for KD to shoot over guys than it is for Kobe.

Kinda makes what Iverson did even more impressive. He has four scoring titles and averaged over 30 points in five different years.

he averaged 35 points on 27 shots (rounding down) while durant has 28 on 18 shots (rounding up), and durant shoots 50%. for you to compare that with a 7 rebound and 7 assist hike is fucking dumb, but it's coming from you, so again I'm not surprised

I don't see how KD doesn't score 7 more points on 9 more shots, but I guess it's all theoretical. All I know is if I'm looking for a pure scorer on my team, I want the guy who is more efficient, has better range, and gets his numbers in without being a world class chuck artist.

KD wins scoring titles without always taking the most shot attempts on his team. That doesn't happen with the mamba.

pilonv1

Bogut not getting x-rays

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe 5m

Mark Jackson said the team is not too concerned ... But he said Andrew Bogut will "probably not" fly with the team to LA

Sounds like they're giving the Lakers a gift

Cloudy

Banned
I couldn't care less about a single game or small microcosm of a season. Kobe Bryant has the same number of scoring titles as Tracy McGrady, despite having played 17 years.

Ridiculous argument. Kobe has years where he didn't win scoring more than KD did while wining. Do you realize Durant has only averaged 30 once?

Also Kobe didn't start for 2 years so of course he has a lower career average

Lebron could probably pull off 35 a game if he chose to do it and had to play enough minutes to pull it off.

Durant would be interesting. I mean, he could probably pull it off but I bet his percentages would suffer. He also turns the ball over a bunch more than Kobe so with the added shots and dip in percentage, he'd end up with even more TOs too I'd imagine.

When Kobe scored 35, Kobe did everything for the team, almost. Durant has never been in that position because of YNB.

once again herpes reasons takes a shot and totally misfires. I have no shame, it's what is best for me at this moment in my life!

balddemon

Banned
You decide to not watch The Wire? SMH.
I will watch that when I have more time on hand. Honestly, I have seen the first two eps of the wire, and it didn't grab me. So I'll give it another shot later. Also am gonna read the books after season 1 and before 2 so I know what's going on and who's who. (Of GoT)

giri

I will watch that when I have more time on hand. Honestly, I have seen the first two eps of the wire, and it didn't grab me. So I'll give it another shot later. Also am gonna read the books after season 1 and before 2 so I know what's going on and who's who. (Of GoT)

Wouldn't bother investing your time in the books, you'll just be disappointed.

Top Bottom