• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Karakand

Jim Buss is our new owner
Jerry Buss is dead
Kobe Bryant's career is most likely over
Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni were our coaches in the same year
We are most likely going to miss the playoffs
Having Steve Nash and Dwight Howard didn't make us a better team

This is, without question, the worst season of Basketball I have ever witnessed as a Laker fan. And nothing comes close. Nothing.

you forgot retiring a celtic's number

Emwitus

I know people want to shit on Mike D for the minutes thing, and I fully understand that... but this was Kobe's call. Kobe was the god damn Lakers and those minutes are on him.

I don't think we would even be in this situation if Jim Buss hired Adelman/Jackson when he had the chance though....

Yeah, I'm blaming Jim Buss for all of this shit. You're god damn right.

Yeah. phil averaged kobe 30 min in 2011 and didn't even let him practice. Now that's a coach.

Lakers need to do a sign and trade of Howard for either a bunch of 1st round pics including lottery or trade for LeBron. I'm sure the Heat don't want to lose him for nothing come 2014.

lol@ Lebron in a top 10 list.

A ring in a lock-out and he's one of the greatest to lace 'em up now.

At least it got me to legit laugh. I need that right now.

He has had a couple pretty bad playoff failures.

Then again, he's probably the best regular season player in NBA history...

Top lists comparing players who played without modern medicine in eras where coaches couldn't do basic math and players were on coke to today are probably a foolhardy idea in the first place though.

He has had a couple pretty bad playoff failures.

Then again, he's probably the best regular season player in NBA history...

Top lists comparing players who played without modern medicine in eras where coaches couldn't do basic math and players were on coke to today are probably a foolhardy idea in the first place though.

lol hahahaha

Branduil

Tier 1

MJ
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Wilt
Bird

Tier 2

Robertson
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq
Olajuwon
West

Tier 3

Dr. J
Malone
Stockton
Barkley
Pippen
Thomas
Baylor
Garnett
Ewing
Moses
Robinson

I think it's safe to say Kobe is top 7-13 all time.

This news has ruined my night. I don't even want to think of the long-term implications.

Why do ringless dudes like Malone, Barkley, and Ewing make Tier 3 but not Dirk?

Gotdammit @ the Kobe news. I know he didn't have that many years left, but I really hope he doesn't go out on this injury. Yuck @ this season for the Lakers. Yuck, I say.

Why do ringless dudes like Malone, Barkley, and Ewing make Tier 3 but not Dirk?
Honestly there are a lot of current players that could break in there, it's really hard to gage until we have some more time I think. I think Dirk, Wade, Durant, and CP3 will all be in there.

Edit: You're right though Dirk and Wade should be there already. Tier 3 I kind of did on the fly.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Trying to teach these young fellas something but seems they're too far gone.

No doubt. That will never happen.

I'm still laughing at Duncan over Dream. Hell even Shaq lol Shaq himself knows he wasn't at Dreams level.

Smokey

thread is depressing as shit

lakers-age finally gets to see what it feels like to lose your primary star to injury. it sucks and all of you who made fun of yao should feel bad for that and realize this might be karma.

but really...pringles is a fucking idiot. man up and take kobe out of the game. give dude a rest. instead he completely folds and lets his players run him and shit like this happens. he kept pushing his luck and it finally ran out.

RIP Kobe

can't stand the lakers but it's still a shitty situation

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
thread is depressing as shit

lakers-age finally gets to see what it feels like to lose your primary star to injury. it sucks and all of you who made fun of yao should feel bad for that and realize this might be karma.

but really...pringles is a fucking idiot. man up and take kobe out of the game. give dude a rest. instead he completely folds and lets his players run him and shit like this happens. he kept pushing his luck and it finally ran out.

RIP Kobe

can't stand the lakers but it's still a shitty situation

That's how I feel. This Kobe shit has brought on some depressing Yao memories :( Hell even watching that Kobe interview was tough. Such a shitty thing.

Branduil

Let's fight

ibkRFbyorY5zeq.gif

No way in fuck did Kobe want Mike D over Phil if given the option. It is true Kobe has wanted Mike to coach this team under the right circumstances. But over Phil Jackson when given the option?? Fuck no I don't believe that garbage for a second.

I didn't say that. I said that the rumor was that when they couldn't get Phil Kobe lobbied for Pringles. I think that is highly probable given their history. You're delusional if you don't think they consulted Kobe on the new head coach after the whole Mike Brown fiasco.

SUPREME1

Banned

Lol. I needed that.

I had my wife watch the post game interview. She feels my pain. She's watched hundreds of games with me, dating back to the three-peat days. She's a fan.

Always told her I'd shed tears the day he retired. I think she felt I was upset and assured me he wasn't done yet.

I BELIEVE.

I am so depressed. People have been calling my phone and I have just shut it off. Only talked to my dad. That only made me more depressed.

This sucks. I've watched his entire career and to possibly end like this? The game will never be the same to me and I wasn't ready for this moment.

:(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I planned on getting to bed by this time to get a head start tomorrow on all the shit I need to do. But I can't sleep. I just can't. My Saturday is fucked and I know it.

I can't even think of any worldly vices that could numb the pain right now. I'm just stuck in despair. Fuck the world.

Ok I think I need to get off the net before I have a legit meltdown. Goodnight gentlemen.

Mxrz

Missed the games to watch Spartacus, just saw the news.

50 fucking FTs? C'mon.

Sucks for Kobe, but everyone knew it was coming. RIP D'Antoni.

I am so depressed. People have been calling my phone and I have just shut it off. Only talked to my dad. That only made me more depressed.

This sucks. I've watched his entire career and to possibly end like this? The game will never be the same to me and I wasn't ready for this moment.

:(

Yep. I would normally call my mom after a Lakers win but neither of us have called the other. I was 16 when he came into the league and now its basically done.

Top Bottom