• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Nelo Ice

Banned
I can't believe I missed what could be his last game :(. I wanted to go to a Laker game at least 1 more time. At least I'll have his 81 game to remember only game I've ever attended at least at Staples.

Lebron vs Kobe? I could not decide even at gun point. Kobe is faster and Lebron would have difficulty guarding him, but there's also no way in hell Kobe could contend with Lebron's size. It's kind of a silly debate.

You would have to be crazy to say prime Kobe is better than prime Lebron. I would take prime Lebron over just about any player in the last 20 years.

Over prime MJ? You so crazy.

See folks. You called me old and living in the past when I talk about Russell and Wilt. Well MJ is already falling off of the goat list.

The worst was the fatalistic, Shakespearean inevitability of Kobe's injury. He was literally crumbling on the court the entire game. When he tore the achilles, it was clear that it was going to happen at some point during the game.

Yep. I would normally call my mom after a Lakers win but neither of us have called the other. I was 16 when he came into the league and now its basically done.

It's like a member of my family died tonight. The last direct connection to my childhood.

I've always told myself the day Kobe retires is the day I'll consider myself getting old. I dunno, I just am in semi-shock.

I hate this season. I hate everything about it. Everything went to shit in every possible way. I want to wipe my memory of it. And no matter how much I hated this season, no matter how frustrating it was, no matter how many times I thought I'd give up, Kobe pulled me back in every time. And like that, no more.

Kobe had a hell of an offensive season. I'll never forget it.

It's like a member of my family died tonight. The last direct connection to my childhood.

I've always told myself the day Kobe retires is the day I'll consider myself getting old. I dunno, I just am in semi-shock.

I hate this season. I hate everything about it. Everything went to shit in every possible way. I want to wipe my memory of it. And no matter how much I hated this season, no matter how frustrating it was, no matter how many times I thought I'd give up, Kobe pulled me back in every time. And like that, no more.

Pretty much. And as great as it will be when the Lakers win their next 5 or so chips it won't feel the same.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Blackace

right...

diehard

Fleer
A guy who had a really nice long career might have to retire.

Anyone acting emo is taking it a little bit far.. it's not like he wont walk again.

masud

Banned
Watching the Knicks replay, the cavs broadcast team is the worst in the nation. Their color guy just called Copeland "marginally skilled but active" which is completely backwards. A minute later he hits a 3... "well that was a little bit out of his range bbut"

edit: smh they're the absolute worst I swear...

lol@ Lebron in a top 10 list.

A ring in a lock-out and he's one of the greatest to lace 'em up now.

At least it got me to legit laugh. I need that right now.

Only MJ and Wilt have have performed at the level LeBron has over the last three seasons. I know you're emotional right now but enough of the slander.

giri

Watching the Knicks replay, the cavs broadcast team is the worst in the nation. Their color guy just called Copeland "marginally skilled but active" which is completely backwards. A minute later he hits a 3... "well that was a little bit out of his range bbut"

edit: smh they're the absolute worst I swear...

naw, rockets commentators are.
Only MJ and Wilt have have performed at the level LeBron has over the last three seasons. I know you're emotional right now but enough of the slander.

lol

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Spoken like someone who has never had a family member die.

You have no clue.

A guy who had a really nice long career might have to retire.

Anyone acting emo is taking it a little bit far.. it's not like he wont walk again.

You've never had a player who led the Jazz to a championship, let alone have said player have a potential career ending injury, so you wouldn't understand.

perrating.png

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_season.html

Try again

This photo is so awkward. Its like Barnes knows he participated in the play that ends Kobe's career and is like "making myself invisible"

BHtcCHtCMAAcYO8.jpg:large
Barnes didn't know Kobe was seriously injured. He's just saying to himself, "You flopping fuck..." after yet another bullshit foul call against the Dubs. I can't believe how well the Dubs took all those bullshit calls without getting a single T. Kobe's unfortunate injury seems to have (understandably) overshadowed how awfully called this game was, and Kobe should be ashamed to call it a very deserved win in his post-game interview.

I hate Kobe but, in his prime, was vastly better than LeBron is now.
Yeah, no.

Blackace

This photo is so awkward. Its like Barnes knows he participated in the play that ends Kobe's career and is like "making myself invisible"

BHtcCHtCMAAcYO8.jpg:large

No one likes to see that.. but I doubt it was any more than that sucks

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
thread is depressing as shit

but really...pringles is a fucking idiot. man up and take kobe out of the game. give dude a rest. instead he completely folds and lets his players run him and shit like this happens. he kept pushing his luck and it finally ran out.

RIP Kobe

can't stand the lakers but it's still a shitty situation

Achilles rupture doesn't always just happen in a single moment. It is considered the strongest tendon in the body. The wear and tear of his career lead to this injury. He has for sure been dealing with tendonitis (like most ball players) for some time and the tendon finally gave out. He didnt even put a ton of pressure on it. Think of it like an old dried out elastic band. Thing just broke down.

This might be hard for others to relate to but I find it almost comforting to see Kobe's reaction in that interview. I ruptured my Achilles a little over three months ago and have felt that a lot of people in my life haven't understood how debilitating the injury is. That I'm milking it and how it's not that serious. Yes there are some moronic asshats in my family. But I have already received some text messages tonight from people asking if I had the same injury and being surprised and immediately more empathetic about what I have been going through. Especially seeing as it took me a freaking month to get a surgeon to believe that having a 2cm gap in my tendon was a reason for surgery. Yes I had a surgeon tell me I would be fine. 2 cm gap, zero attachment. Ah you will be fine.

In your face Kobe fans!!! I officially have more in common with him than you do!!!

RedAssedApe

Banned
No one likes to see that.. but I doubt it was any more than that sucks

Barnes didn't know Kobe was seriously injured. He's just saying to himself, "You flopping fuck..." after yet another bullshit foul call against the Dubs. I can't believe how well the Dubs took all those bullshit calls without getting a single T. Kobe's unfortunate injury seems to have (understandably) overshadowed how awfully called this game was, and Kobe should be ashamed to call it a very deserved win in his post-game interview.

Yeah, no.

Obviously he didn't know how bad Kobe was injured and of course there is no way Barnes is responsible. Just saying it looks awkward knowing what we know now.

And yeah 50FTs...blah blah blah. Stern conspiracy. #LArefs. Tons of poorly officiated games that most people don't see because they don't feature the marquee teams.

Blackace

Lebron would just get Pippen on the block. He would have 30 pounds on him. I'd still take Kobe over Lebron though.

Pippen was a GREAT low post defender.. And Bron doesn't have great foot work nor play like a 245 pound man in the post

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Pippen would be a nightmare for anyone to play against. For real. Bron would find a way through a seven game series but just like what Magic went through, that first hypothetical game that Pippen gets matched up with Bron would be a rough night for Bron.

Rough rough night.

And yeah 50FTs...blah blah blah. Stern conspiracy. #LArefs. Tons of poorly officiated games that most people don't see because they don't feature the marquee teams.
Oh, no doubt there are plenty of poorly officiated games, but don't act like they all have the same gravity of a late season game which has huge playoff implications for both teams.

Same way I feel. Man this knocked me in the gut. I can't stop thinking about it.

Blackace

Pippen would be a nightmare for anyone to play against. For real. Bron would find a way through a seven game series but just like what Magic went through, that first hypothetical game that Pippen gets matched up with Bron would be a rough night for Bron.

Rough rough night.

I don't know.. to be honest there hasn't been a player who would make LBJ work on both ends like Pippen would do..

I am sure LBJ would do aiight but as soon as he hits the post Worm or Grant (depending on the era) would be there as well.. Magic was a smarter player. LBJ is the better athlete it would be a fun matchup but in 7 I think Pippen locks him down more than LBJ goes off..

Top Bottom