• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Goes to the highest bidder. You don't think a team like the bobcats won't bid high for a way to put butts in seats, have Kobe and Jordan together, have Kobe teach the young guys?

Wait a minute, holy shit Dy, Jordan is going after Kobe! Lol

Technically his career started in Charlotte (a very brief start) so it would be fitting in a strange way. I'd hate to see Kobe struggling to find a fit and compete on a bad team though so I don't want to see it happen.

edit: his best bet is to take next year off and come back on the cheap after the Lakers have loaded up again from the 2014 free agent class.

gremlinfool asking for that one guy to be banned amidst the tears was easily the funniest thing I've seen in some time here

don't worry neolakes, you've got dwight howard to run the ship now

Branduil

You guys know only non luxury tax teams can bid on amnestied players right? Not a lot of contending teams not paying the luxury tax next year. He's not gonna go play for some scrub team. Or at least I hope he doesn't.

Very real possibility that Kobe's career is done. Unless he makes a comeback in a couple years.

Cuban would definitely bid high for Kobe.

Angry Fork

Just 5 days ago:

"That's the risk that we're running with Kobe," Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said. "His legs, we're playing a little bit with fire and we wouldn't like to. But we're putting ourselves in a position where we have to.

"Obviously, if that doesn't work, then I should have done something else. Right now, I don't know. I sit him down and we lose; that's not going to work either.

"Kobe's our best bet going forward to win games, and he says he's going to retire after a year, so we'll get our money's worth for two years."

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/08/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20130408

I'm assuming people will bring this up.

Vahagn

I'd call Brandon Roy immature too

Brandon Roy is going against common sense and the advice of a gazillion doctors who've told him he could seriously impact his quality of life.

If doctors say the same about Kobe and he tries for 4 years to unsuccessfully come back, I'd call it immature. But these aren't the same thing.

you can't call dantoni a murderer and then turn around and say kobe is a fearless warrior who plays 48 minutes a night

kobe needed to put up herculean efforts in order for the lakers to win

Goes to the highest bidder. You don't think a team like the bobcats won't bid high for a way to put butts in seats, have Kobe and Jordan together, have Kobe teach the young guys?

Wait a minute, holy shit Dy, Jordan is going after Kobe! Lol

Well that's one way for Jordan to keep his spot on the scoring list...

Quite a few people in here would benefit greatly for themselves and many others if they simply chill the fuck out

I don't think anyone in here was or is going "Oh yay, Kobe is down, haha Lakers fans!!!!111" And maybe there are a few who weren't as sympathetic towards the injury but for a bunch of you Lakers fans are you really surprised? You can't spend years and years puffing out your chest against everyone else, telling them how much better your franchise/star is better than theirs at all else then somehow expect 100% sympathy

Lakers fans should feel sports misery today, and last night I understand emotions were running high, but cot damn folks please think again before you ever compare this to a family death or some crazy ass shit

Also this thread will be better if it's not hijacked by all-time comparisons again before this postseason has even started

Just because someone is depressed also doesn't give them to license to come in here and post the same usual crap he would post when he isn't depressed and not expect feedback of some kind. I don't think his manhood was getting questioned, and I think we should all agree that grown men shouldn't cry over this.

Shit isn't even about us anyway. I can feel sad just because Kobe was the last link to my childhood as Mamba said (here comes the hahaha's). That is why I'm sad personally besides hating to see this being Kobe's last game. But no Laker fan here should expect folks to give them time to mourn. Fuck that.
We've watched him lead us to 5 rings. And at the end of the day it is basketball.

This is NBA GAF. We give everyone shit and it's our time to bite the bullet.

Branduil

you can't call dantoni a murderer and then turn around and say kobe is a fearless warrior who plays 48 minutes a night

All for the opportunity to get swept in the first round.

At least Dirk knew when to quit.

Shit isn't even about us anyway. I can feel sad just because Kobe was the last link to my childhood as Mamba said (here comes the hahaha's). That is why I'm sad personally besides hating to see this being Kobe's last game. But no Laker fan here should expect folks to give them time to mourn. Fuck that.
We've watched him lead us to 5 rings. And at the end of the day it is basketball.

You my boy Steam. I'm still going to go cry in the closet though.

have you been working on kobe memorial drawings in wii u miiverse

have you been working on kobe memorial drawings in wii u miiverse

No but I'm planning making one of him ruining the Magic's hopes of winning a chip, again. Don't worry chap, perhaps one day your drinking binges could coencide with actual winning instead of downright depression and anger, but atleast you got Chars to share in that.

Vahagn

All for the opportunity to get swept in the first round.

At least Dirk knew when to quit.

When he was mathematically eliminated?

Or right after he won his first chip and decided to be an overweight drunkard for 2 months...

Sorry, I'm still bitter!

No but I'm planning making one of him ruining the Magic's hopes of winning a chip, again. Don't worry chap, perhaps one day your drinking binges could coencide with actual winning instead of downright depression and anger, but atleast you got Chars to share in that.

you still didn't answer my question

moreover best low-post player in the nba pau gasol and savvy vet derek fisher were the magic's foil

kobe was little more than a michael redd, just like he's been his entire career

Jeff-DSA

Or just as many FTs as the other team...

I'm not happy that Kobe got injured, because nobody should go out like that, but even on the "foul" where he got hurt he wasn't fouled. That game was rigged, man.

I'm not happy that Kobe got injured, because nobody should go out like that, but even on the "foul" where he got hurt he wasn't fouled. That game was rigged, man.

Barnes had his arm wrapped around and holding kobe's, watch the replay.

you still didn't answer my question

moreover best low-post player in the nba pau gasol and savvy vet derek fisher were the magic's foil

kobe was little more than a michael redd, just like he's been his entire career

The difference with you and kad is kad was actually a good Kobe troll for a time, then he overplayed his hand. You're still trying to get to where the kad currently is. Even the Frankman is a better troll than you. You poor child.

Vahagn

You're making the playoffs dude. As for that foul, Kobe went down and was bodied up. It wasn't a foul, but a ref with his view obstructed by Barnes' body is going to make that call just by the reaction 9 times out of 10. You don't need to have a secret agenda to call that

The difference with you and kad is kad was actually a good Kobe troll for a time, then he overplayed his hand. You're still trying to get to where the kad currently is. Even the Frankman is a better troll than you. You poor child.

given that i clearly struck a nerve with you simply asking a question about how you were utilizing your wii u, who are you really trying to convince here

You're making the playoffs dude. As for that foul, Kobe went down and was bodied up. It wasn't a foul, but a ref with his view obstructed by Barnes' body is going to make that call just by the reaction 9 times out of 10. You don't need to have a secret agenda to call that

really? Jarret Jack hit the deck superhard when he went after that loose ball. got brushed midair. he didnt get a call. and this was just after the Dubs got whistled for a pussy touch foul on Steve Blake. why is Blake getting superstar calls? that shit was rigged.
edit:
every foul call from last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhRES3uW4w&feature=youtu.be

Vahagn

really? Jarret Jack hit the deck superhard when he went after that loose ball. got brushed midair. he didnt get a call. and this was just after the Dubs got whistled for a pussy touch foul on Steve Blake. why is Blake getting superstar calls? that shit was rigged.

So your response to why the Kobe injury call wasn't indicative of a game being "rigged" is discussing two completely different plays?

I'm not defending the reffing throughout the game. Arguing with conspiracy theorists is a waste of time. But the play I responded to isn't some great big bad call.

Lakers have to amnesty Kobe at this point. He won't play for a year no matter what anyways. By that point his contract is up and the Lakers can resign him. His 30m contract next year is going to balloon their luxury tax costs to ridiculous heights next year.

Lakers have to amnesty Kobe at this point. He won't play for a year no matter what anyways. By that point his contract is up and the Lakers can resign him. His 30m contract next year is going to balloon their luxury tax costs to ridiculous heights next year.

He might be able to play for the start of next season. It's a 6-12 month recovery. I bet he's back before the all-star break. Stop with this "he's out a year" stuff.

So your response to why the Kobe injury call wasn't indicative of a game being "rigged" is discussing two completely different plays?

I'm not defending the reffing throughout the game. Arguing with conspiracy theorists is a waste of time. But the play I responded to isn't some great big bad call.

Im saying I saw that kind of foul called against the Warriors all night. but no calls against LA for the same thing. that huge foul at the end on Curry for brush contact on steve blake was pathetic. on the same play, Dwight was setting a moving screen.

He might be able to play for the start of next season. It's a 6-12 month recovery. I bet he's back before the all-star break. Stop with this "he's out a year" stuff.
He isn't going to be anywhere in Kobe form in 6 months. Even if it heals in 6 months, there is a long pricess of returning to NBA shape.

masud

Banned
If Kobe gets amnestied maybe he can pull a Chauncey and threaten all the bad teams not to bid on him. Having Kobe to spread the floor for Melo sure would be nice.

Quote:
One last thing: assuming Kobe is out for entire '13-'14 season, insurance normally covers 80% of injured player's salary. Kobe due $30.4M.

Top Bottom