• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

charsace

Kobe passing Jordan on the scoring list in a Knicks jersey would be pretty special for me.

I wouldn't be surprised. Carmelo is his bromance. The Lakers cut him and then Melo reaches out to his idol and friend. Perfect. Then we can get Phil to be the GM.

In light of last night's officiating...just going to put this here for future use.

BHtQVj9CAAIwgIe.jpeg

So does Dwight leave LA now? Lakers have no room for free agency and no tradable assets besides Dwight. The coach isnt changing. Next year will be the same but without Kobe. Dallas looks a lot better if they can have a starting 5 of Collison, Mayo, Marion, Dirk, Howard.

We'd happily give him back, unfortunately they dont have anyone good enough to even ride our bench.

Vucevic was a steal for Orlando. hes not the athlete Dwight is, but hes about 10 times more skilled and works just as hard on the glass. and "ride your bench"? your bench is one of the worst in the league.

So does Dwight leave LA now? Lakers have no room for free agency and no tradable assets besides Dwight. The coach isnt changing. Next year will be the same but without Kobe. Dallas looks a lot better if they can have a starting 5 of Collison, Mayo, Marion, Dirk, Howard.
Houston.
Vucevic was a steal for Orlando. hes not the athlete Dwight is, but hes about 10 times more skilled and works just as hard on the glass
Tobias Harris might be the surprise of the year.

Flash

you know Dastardly Jerks is an idiot when he can single handedly unite NBA-gaf lol

and damn...kobe:( Fuck D'Antoni.

Hate the Lakers and their fanbases all you want, the the guy was the greatest competitor in the league bar none. truly an end of an era (regardless of whether or not he returns).

Our bench is better than Orlando's starting 5.

Jamison, Blake, Duhon, Morris, Meeks, Earl Clarke.
those guys are good for spot up shots and worthless in just about every other aspect of the game of basketball. Vucevic and Tobias Harris are worth more than all those scrubs put together. Am I being trolled here or is this where we pretend Earl Clarke is a quality big?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
you can't call dantoni a murderer and then turn around and say kobe is a fearless warrior who plays 48 minutes a night

kobe needed to put up herculean efforts in order for the lakers to win

Which makes Howard look even more pathetic. His ass better stay in LA.

My friend just told me he read a report that Vitti told D'Antoni to sit Kobe and D'Antoni didn't have the balls to do it.

Have you guys seen that?

Which makes Howard look even more pathetic. His ass better stay in LA.
D12 and Asik defense might compensate for McHale though.

My friend just told me he read a report that Vitti told D'Antoni to sit Kobe and D'Antoni didn't have the balls to do it.

Have you guys seen that?
is vitti the lakers doctor? because he got up and was telling dantoni to sit kobe after one of those injuries last night.

Vire

Was this posted?

Kobe Goes On Facebook Rant Vowing Return

This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??
I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.

One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.
I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.
Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Much Love Always.
Mamba Out

Sean Deveney @SeanDeveney
Dr says Kobe may lose 1-2 in off his vert. When he returns:"80% is realistic, could be 90% bc of how hard he works. It won’t be 100% though”

Quote:
Surgeon says Kobe could be back in 6 mos if AT is torn:"I would guess he would be on the short end of the recovery rather than the long end"

Quote:
Still, more likely Kobe timeline is 9-12 mos: "For someone playing at the level that Kobe plays at, you’d expect it to be nine months."

mySynergySports:
Stephen Curry has made 50.4% of his spot-up 3s this season. He's also a 42% 3-point shooter operating one-on-one and dribbling off picks.
i said goddamn. I remember Bucks/Sonics era Ray Ray driving more with the ball, but was he as deadly in transition as Steph is?

Morey wouldn't keep Asik if we got Howard.

Fuck I don't want Howard :(

dwight will be motivated by the high-flying excitement of harden, parsons, linsanity and the tutelage of postmaster mchale

within a year hakeem, in tears, will be handing him the finals mvp trophy

you know Dastardly Jerks is an idiot when he can single handedly unite NBA-gaf lol

and damn...kobe:( Fuck D'Antoni.

Hate the Lakers and their fanbases all you want, the the guy was the greatest competitor in the league bar none. truly an end of an era (regardless of whether or not he returns).

Hockey fans like that are fucking annoying

(from the OT kobe thread)

seriously pheenix?

He's Kobe Bryant, a star NBA player, not a fucking god

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
dwight will be motivated by the high-flying excitement of harden, parsons, linsanity and the tutelage of postmaster mchale

within a year hakeem, in tears, will be handing him the finals mvp trophy

I'd take dream crying if that actually ended up being true.

Sean Deveney @SeanDeveney
Dr says Kobe may lose 1-2 in off his vert. When he returns:"80% is realistic, could be 90% bc of how hard he works. It won’t be 100% though”

Quote:
Surgeon says Kobe could be back in 6 mos if AT is torn:"I would guess he would be on the short end of the recovery rather than the long end"

Quote:
Still, more likely Kobe timeline is 9-12 mos: "For someone playing at the level that Kobe plays at, you’d expect it to be nine months."

Except Kobe has 17 years and 45000+ minutes on his legs. This isn't a 28 year old 8 year vet. As hard a worker that Kobe is he won't ever be the same. He will come back but will most likely be a shell of even his 2013 self.

Flash

Hockey fans like that are fucking annoying

He's Kobe Bryant, a star NBA player, not a fucking god

in NBA-land he might as well be. The guy is one of the greatest players in our time and will be regarded as an iconic figure in sports. If LeBron has a possible career-ending injury, you bet your ass he would get a thread. And his career isn't even close to what Kobe has accomplished (so far, at least).

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
meh...Kobe has 1 last run in him. He can be the next old Mitch Richmond and just stand in 1 spot to shoot.

in NBA-land he might as well be. The guy is one of the greatest players in our time and will be regarded as an iconic figure in sports. If LeBron has a possible career-ending injury, you bet your ass he would get a thread. And his career isn't even close to what Kobe has accomplished (so far, at least).

I get the idea, but my line of thinking is that I don't think it's worth having a thread out there about this topic, cause well, you saw what happened.

People who don't like basketball will come in and make dumb comments about it. Kind of like the guys who pop into the Madden thread without never having played it and go "Oh god this game is still here...NFL 2k5 4ever!!!!111 How much does Madden suck this year"?

This reminds me of watching Barkley play his last season when he was in Houston. His back was so bad, his body so broken down that he would grimace just trying to back down someone for his trademark fadeaway. Finally he had his career ending injury.

While he was no where near the gym rat that Kobe is, there is a point that you just cant come back from.

Except Kobe has 17 years and 45000+ minutes on his legs. This isn't a 28 year old 8 year vet. As hard a worker that Kobe is he won't ever be the same. He will come back but will most likely be a shell of even his 2013 self.

I am still of the belief that if Kobe feels this loses him a step that he can't recover he won't come back. This is pretty wishful thinking though. I don't know if someone that competitive can ever back down.

When Wade's knee inevitably blows itself out, I wonder which of you here will be nice to me :)

wade is a douchebag but i dont think any sane person would make fun of serious injuries

though i remember some heat-age poster was saying shump was faking his ACL tear last year

Top Bottom