• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

I gotta say this, regardless of all of the shit talk that goes on here I really like all of you. You've all given me so much laughs and comaraderie over the years. We may bicker and shit at one another but this truly is my favorite online community. So thanks.

thekad

Banned
I gotta say this, regardless of all of the shit talk that goes on here I really like all of you. You've all given me so much laughs and comaraderie over the years. We may bicker and shit at one another but this truly is my favorite online community. So thanks.
Was I blubbering like this when Yao had an actual career ending injury

Yep. I would normally call my mom after a Lakers win but neither of us have called the other. I was 16 when he came into the league and now its basically done.

You old bastard. I was 14

Man I still remember that first season. :(

I called my dad today who has been avoiding all my texts and calls last night and this morning. Finally got ahold of him, now I am just worse off.

Was I blubbering like this when Yao had an actual career ending injury

I'm late on this but I got to tell you Kad your current avatar couldn't be more perfect.

I've never openly asked about this, but what is it with fans of the lesser popular sports always acting like they have to present their favorite sport as being more elite than others?

They always seem to derail discussions even if no one asked for that particular opinion anyways

Cloudy

Banned
I'm strangely not super depressed like I thought I'd be. It'd have hurt much more if we actually had a chance to contend this year. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and Kobe can rest up for one last run.

It really sucks that we traded our picks for fucking Nash though. Ugh...

PS: I will bet anything he's back by January

I've never openly asked about this, but what is it with fans of the lesser popular sports always acting like they have to present their favorite sport as being more elite than others?

They always seem to derail discussions even if no one asked for that particular opinion anyways
You can't spell fanatic without f-a-n.
I'm strangely not super depressed like I thought I'd be. It'd have hurt much more if we actually had a chance to contend this year. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and Kobe can rest up for one last run.

It really sucks that we traded our picks for fucking Nash though. Ugh...

PS: I will bet anything he's back by January
I bet you'll be a Clippers fan by January.

Flash

inferiority complex. it's hilarious but at the same time pretty damn sad lol

No idea. All sports require different abilities and specializations. People can make fun of golf all they want but until trying to make contact with a ball and successfully driving or putting it, it will seem like a pretty easy sport.
Many folks assume boxing is just punching and avoiding. Shit saps all of your strength, stamina, and lets not even start with the required response time and hand eye coordination. Folks should learn how to appreciate all sports even those they may not have any interest in.

inferiority complex. it's hilarious but at the same time pretty damn sad lol

yeah I remember when LeBron got his cramps in game 4 and a bunch of hockey players were like "LBJ such a sissy!" then NHL-age got all behind them and invaded our thread, then they got super defensive and bitchy when we invaded theirs.

No idea. All sports require different abilities and specializations. People can make fun of golf all they want but until trying to make contact with a ball and successfully driving or putting it, it will seem like a pretty easy sport.
Many folks assume boxing is just punching and avoiding. Shit saps all of your strength, stamina, and lets not even start with the required response time and hand eye coordination. Folks should learn how to appreciate all sports even those they may not have any interest in.

Golf is extremely difficult but that shit isn't really like a sport to me in my opinion. just like a competition of skill. not really sure how to describe it

if a 14 year old kid can come in and play with grown ass men, and if old dudes can also play, I can't really compare it to any of the other major athletic sports

also, a lot of people hate and have no interest in the nba especially those who come from non-major cities or are fans of teams that get the shit end of the stick often
usually they'll revert to those lameass arguments you hear 'it's rigged for only big markets, players are bitches and thugs, etc. etc."

charsace

Would Lakers fans really be surprised if Kobe goes out on an injury? This is what having an iron man rep will get you. Kobe has been playing hurt and putting off surgeries for more than half a decade. The biggest positive to come from all the fucked up injuries is that dude has a bunch of gnarled, pussy pleasing fingers now.

Would Lakers fans really be surprised if Kobe goes out on an injury? This is what having an iron man rep will get you. Kobe has been playing hurt and putting off surgeries for more than half a decade. The biggest positive to come from all the fucked up injuries is that dude has a bunch of gnarled, pussy pleasing fingers now.

Lol.

I like Melo and Deron when they were in Denver and Utah. They're my guys

ALL-Cloudy Team

Rondo
Deron
Kobe
Melo
JJ. Hickson

Welp, there goes the Knicks chances (lol).
If I were any of these 5 men I'd lock myself in a room for the next 6 months. Shit is like Final Destination. Can't escape the curse.

Jesus Konex what are you doing

I was just about to post how the Pacers are playing @NY and @Boston and we finish the season with TOR/WAS/DET with a chance to sneak into the 3 seed, but now...fuck it. 1st round L, here we come.

also, a lot of people hate and have no interest in the nba especially those who come from non-major cities or are fans of teams that get the shit end of the stick often
usually they'll revert to those lameass arguments you hear 'it's rigged for only big markets, players are bitches and thugs, etc. etc."

the thug argument is a holdover from the early 2000s when racists got annoyed that hip-hop culture was so prominent in the league

but the warriors game last night did little to dissuade the first point

Fox318

Kobe passing Jordan on the scoring list in a Knicks jersey would be pretty special for me.

3fi5a7B.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Way too much ref-assistance. Just jumps into guys and somehow gets FTs. My favorite guy on the rockets is Parsons

Smartest 23 year old SG in this stupid ass league :D

Thats cause he looks like a backstreet boy.

Could the Hawks sign-and-trade Josh Smith to the Rockets for Asik? Asik's contract is really weird so I don't know how they could work it out and who else would need to be included, but that would be really interesting for both teams if the Rockets could get Dwight as well.

Rockets:

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Smith
Dwight

TJones, Donuts, Greg Smith, Delfino.

And the Hawks get a Horford/Asik frontline that makes a lot of sense...

Top Bottom